Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Imperfect ❯ Imperfection ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Title] Imperfect (or Shikamaru is a Whiny Baby)
[Rating] PG-13 for implied sex and other implications.
[Pairing] NaruShika
[Comment] They are not 12. They can be 16. Or whatever. But not 12. Because 12 is for happy giggly stroke time!

The first time he had sex, Shikamaru had thought it was going to be better. He thought it was going to be something so amazingly pleasurable and hot and sticky that he would never want to stop. At least, that was what he got out of reading through Ino's girly magazines. It was not like he did not enjoy it. It was just that it was hot and sticky. He got more pleasure from eating refried beans.

Shikamaru wondered if he had ever eaten refried beans before.

Well, it wasn't really all that amazing. It did not make him feel older or wiser or sexier. It made him feel…very sore. Yeah, sore, and dirty. It was nothing like the erotic teen stories and the elaborations everyone his age dramatized it as. Losing his virginity wasn't like some freaking holy light that filled him and opened his eyes to the pleasures of the flesh. It hurt. It was troublesome. It was wet, nasty, annoying.

The way his fingernails caught deep in the covers, the way Naruto stuttered apologies every five seconds, the way flesh tasted in his mouth…none of it was mind-numbingly exotic. Sex itself was an act too human for his tastes. It required no thought. It didn't end in death. It was not even remotely nice. And at the end you are supposed to fall asleep in a testosterone-filled daze, right? Shikamaru didn't. Maybe he did it wrong. Maybe Naruto did it wrong.

Naruto, yeah, he should apologize to Naruto. The first thing that spilled out of his mouth after their little bout of sweaty male-sex was a drawled, "Is that it?"

Shikamaru flinched at the memory. He really should keep his mouth shut. Especially after sex.

Possibly during sex. Especially during sex.

He could remember telling Naruto to shut the hell up about three times, the times when Naruto began to apologize. Sex seemed to make him very angry.

It was nothing like Asuma described it as one night, while he and Shikamaru sat out on the front porch of Asuma's apartment. Shikamaru had not asked him to give the sex talk. Shikamaru had gotten it awhile ago, in a few stuttered sentences from his dad. Of course, all he got out of it was to not to give your wife a whip and let her do whatever she wanted. Asuma talked about the feeling of unadulterated love, of an overflowing stream of lightheadedness and self-fulfillment. Asuma decidedly went into more depth about Kurenai-sensei then Shikamaru ever wanted to know.

Maybe it felt better with a girl.

Maybe he knows now how a girl feels.

Because it didn't feel good. It was hard and tight and painful.

Shikamaru wondered how he and Naruto ever even got to sex without any form of drugs or alcohol. They had been…involved, he guessed, for maybe a year or so. Just some random kissing, some fleeting caresses…nothing big. Nothing mind-blowing. Nothing special.

Mostly, he and Naruto hung out. Somehow, they began dating. It was a gradual evolvement. Inevitable, possibly. Of course, when he's all grown up, maybe he will write it off as sexual exploration.

He still hasn't done a girl. But, when all's said and done, Shikamaru doesn't want a girl.

Despite the clack of clumsy teeth and the tangled limbs, despite the meek apologies and the fingers tangled in his hair, despite the bruises and the soreness Shikamaru knew he would wake up with…

Shikamaru liked Naruto. A lot.

In fact, the little inconsistencies of sex, the stuff they don't show in movies or tell you about in dime-store romance novels, are sort of nice.

Frankly, Shikamaru thought it was going to be better.

In the end, Shikamaru decided it was perfect in its imperfection.

End.