Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible ❯ Invisible ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kai: I think my lack of Naruto watching triggered this rather dark piece of work. Also, I refuse to believe none of the hostility affects poor Naruto-chan! It's obvious that behind the smile lies a much deeper feeling. Anyway, I love the relationship between Sasuke-kun and Naruto-chan so…
 
This twisted thing is written in Naruto's point of view so it might seem confusing at first (Then again, most thoughts are confusing anyway… ^_~) This mess could be referred to as a fusion of Naruto's thoughts and the things that he is going through so…
 
Oh yeah, one last thing; this doesn't take place anytime in the anime's timeframe however some events that did occur in the series are mentioned.
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto, Sasuke or any of the characters from the Naruto anime series. Furthermore, I am not a native Nihongo speaker so my grammar and spelling will, undeniably, be flawed. (Not that my English is any better… ^_~)
 
Summary: Just how does it feel to be disliked by so many and loved by few? What's it like to be invisible? To be the lonely child whose existence was never acknowledged…
 
Warnings: Contains swearing, shounen-ai and bucketfuls of angst. Furthermore, I don't have a proofreader so please just excuse any errors if spotted (or better yet, drop me a line to tell me) ^_~
 
~*USURATONKACHI! Now isn't that an interesting line break? ^_~*~
 
Title: Invisible
By: Kairi21
 
Sometimes it's funny, in a sick twisted way. They know I'm there, I make sure of that. I'd do anything for them to acknowledge my existence, even if it meant being the boy known as the number one hyper active fool of Konohagakure.
 
I figured living on the same level of existence as flies and mosquitoes is better than being invisible. Many others would think I don't have a sense of shame… they're wrong. Dead wrong.
 
I do feel shame, along with some other emotions. Anger, pain, jealousy, irritation, fear…and occassionaly… happiness. I don't mean happiness as in that goofy smile I use to annoy the crap out of my peers. I mean true happiness, not the soulless reflex I call a grin.
 
Since my younger years, happiness has always been that warm pleasant feeling I got whenever Iruka-sensei asked me out for ramen at Ichiraku's.
 
 
“Naruto!”
 
“Oi! Concentrate on the mission USURATONKACHI!”
 
Oh yeah, the mission. What was it that teme told me again, before the mission? Oh yeah…
 
 
“Dobe…don't get yourself killed.”
 
“Tch. Don't worry teme, I won't.”
 
Heh. He doesn't know I could have every one of these bastards kissing the floor in seconds… if I could get the stupid fox to lend me some chakra… or if I could somehow control my own chakra flow, that is.
 
One of the enemy nin throws a kunai my way and I manage to sidestep a split second earlier. Just enough time to avoid it plunging into my chest. It grazes my shoulder instead.
 
Crimson drops of my life force mix with the rain. That explains why I'm so wet. However, it doesn't explain why my eyes are so red and wet. How could I not notice it's raining when it's practically raining cats and dogs? How could I not notice it's raining when I'm soaked to the bone?
 
“Naruto! Why can't you be more like Sasuke?! Bla la bla…”
 
I hear Sakura-chan's shrill voice over the roaring of the rain and the claps of thunder. The mission's over in no time. Those nins didn't stand a chance against the combined forces of Hatake Kakashi and Sasuke-teme.
 
I admit, I didn't do much in this mission. I was too busy feeling sorry for my pathetic self. Sakura's prattling on about how I'm a nuisance and such. Seriously, the speech doesn't affect me that much anymore. It kinda loses it's splendor after hearing it the fiftieth time over.
 
Truth is, I don't really like her. I realized that the moment my “true love” almost died in that battle against Haku on that bridge. I sat there and felt him go cold in my arms as he lay on my lap looking much like a pin cushion. That was when I lost it and almost released the Kyuubi. Luckily, the fox wasn't strong enough to escape the seal completely just yet. Twelve years of being trapped inside a cage in a boy's head does that to you…
 
“Honestly, it's just like that time too. Of course it was you who put that kunai through your own palm yourself…”
 
Yeah I remember that. I got the rest of team seven to actually pay attention too. I was being serious… really I was!
 
“ Why do you seem to enjoy injuring yourself?!”
 
Oh that… I couldn't exactly tell her the truth now can I? I can just imagine the disgust on her face when I tell her that I actually don't mind getting these wounds. Sometimes, I wish the stupid fox would delay the healing.
 
It's like I deserve it in a way. It's my punishment for trying to live in a world that obviously isn't ready to accept me yet. It's not all that bad really. It's not that I enjoy pain, I'm not that sick.
 
It's just… sometimes, I need to bleed. I need to feel pain, to see the drops of my life force staining the cold ground… just to know that I'm still alive. That I'm still here.
 
 
Because if they all treat me like this, like I'm invisible… then I don't have anybody to depend on. I need a reminder; a reminder that there is no one else to depend on but myself. I've got to constantly remind myself that I need to stay alive. I need to stay alive to prove to others that I exist!
 
“ Oi dobe! I told you not to get yourself killed!”
 
“Teme! I won't die that easily dattebayo!”
 
How cruel. Must he act like he cares? Does he know how much it hurts inside when he pretends that he gives a fuck of what happens to me? After all, nobody cares what happens to the blond `dead last'. The villagers of Konoha could care less if a certain Uzumaki Naruto were to vanish off the face of the earth.
 
Why do I even bother?
 
“Is he badly injured?”
“No. He's fine”
 
Ah yes, Kakashi-sensei. That silver-haired jounin has my respect. Really, it was him who taught me to do everything I can to protect those who are precious to me. Sure I came to the same conclusion after the little epiphany I had while protecting Iruka-sensei from that deranged jounin…
 
Anyway, he gave me another reason to live. He gave me a reason much more practical than living to annoy the heck out of people. This reason was a lot less selfish than my dreams prior to the day I graduated and became a genin.
 
Which reminds me…
 
I already had someone important to me even before team seven was formed. However, Iruka-sensei and Sasuke-teme are different. Iruka-sensei has always been a father figure for me whereas…
 
…whereas Sasuke-teme is…
 
I figured he was my `important person' when Haku asked me that question. He had his important person… and so did I.
 
On that day he almost died… I felt like I was losing my reason to live. I could barely breathe properly as I watched him go still in my arms. Maybe he does care for me. He told me himself, he didn't know why he did it.
 
Even Sakura-chan seems to be punching me less… well, provided that I didn't bother `her' Sasuke. Right, like I could help it. We're rivals. Not rivals for Sakura, rather, rivals to prove who is stronger.
 
Heh, that's right. Don't worry teme. I won't get myself killed. Not until I could become hokage. Not while I have friends to protect and who care about me. Not until I claim the title of Rokudaime. Not until I could tell Sasuke-teme how I feel.
 
Someday…I will tell him that I love him. Someday he'll know that he is my `important person'. Perhaps one I would gladly lay my life down for as Haku-san did for Zabusa-san…
 
…And then…
 
...I won't be invisible anymore.
 
-Owari-
 
~*USURATONKACHI! Now isn't that an interesting line break? ^_~*~
 
Kai: Well? Redundant? Too dramatic? Hard to understand? Please do leave a review, it would help to improve my poor writing skills. ^_~ Flames are welcomed as long as they include useful criticism.
 
Sasuke: “Damn she's desperate…”
 
Naruto: “You think?! She turned me into you teme!”
 
Sasu: “I am NOT that angsty!”
 
Kai: “SHADDUP AND GO BACK TO BEING GOOD LITTLE MUSES OR ELSE!”
 
Sasu: “Or else what?”
 
Kai: “I'll write an OroNaru lemon!”
 
Naru: “Meep! >_<”