Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ It's Already Over ❯ Long Kiss Goodbye ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Don't own Naruto, only plot….blah blah blah.I'm sorry that it's so short but I need to plan my next chapter carefully but some people really wanted me to update, so sorry, yeah.
 
 
Long Kiss Goodbye
 
 
Sasuke opened his eyes groggily as he waited for them to adjust to the bright light. Blinking rapidly, he tilted his head as crashes could be heard from the corridor. He frowned slightly as he recognized the shouts as Naruto's. As if on cue, the door burst open to reveal the hyperactive blonde.
 
“Teme! What did you do now?! Did you kill someone or something?” Naruto shouted next to his ear. A fist appeared next to him and proceeded to smash onto his head.
 
Neji glared coolly at him. “You baka, can't you see he's resting?” He glanced at the Uchiha in acknowledgement as the rest of the band filed in.
 
Kiba barked out in laughter. “Good to see you Sasuke, band practice sucks at the moment.” He steadied the singer as Sasuke slowly sat up.
 
Sasuke nodded in thanks. Shikamaru yawned lazily as he leaned against the wall and asked, “So, what happened?”
 
Brows furrowing, Sasuke recalled the incident on that fateful night. A flash of pink caused him to look up hurriedly. His breath hitched in his throat and his eyes softened as he saw Sakura at the door.
 
Coughing slightly, Sakura stepped into the room shyly. Averting his gaze, Sasuke allowed his cold demeanor to mask his true feelings. He continued in a low tone, “It's nothing, I just got…mugged.”
 
Naruto slapped the Uchiha on the back, causing the latter to grimace in pain. “Well, I always knew you were a weakling Sasuke!” His grin withered on his face as Sasuke sent him a death glare. Seriously, if looks could kill, Naruto would be dead a few times already.
 
Glancing at his watch, Neji said, “Guys, we have to go now. Soccer match starts in ten minutes.”
 
As the guys filed out of the room, Sasuke's eyes flickered towards Sakura. He could not deny it anymore, he knew that he loved her. However, she loved Itachi and he
 
 
 
had to kill Itachi, what was he to do? Sasuke frowned as he contemplated the possibilities.
 
Licking his lips nervously, Sasuke started to say something but was cut off by Sakura.
 
“Sasuke, you were never a good liar. You didn't get mugged, did you?”
 
Sasuke ignored her remark as his fists tightened around the bed sheets.
 
Sakura continued as she stepped forward. “Did you…get into a fight with Itachi?”
 
Sasuke forehead creased at the mention of his brother. Forcing himself to stay calm, he murmured, “No, I haven't seen Itachi for 8 years.” Looking up, he caught the relief on Sakura's face. He felt a tightening in his chest as the guilt wormed its way into his heart. It pained him to have to lie to the girl he loved, however, it had to be done so as to avoid hurting her. He mentally berated himself, `She must not know about Itachi.'
 
Sakura's voice interrupted his thoughts.
 
“Are you okay, Sasuke?”
 
Grimacing with determination, Sasuke threw off the sheets and proceeded to change into his clothes. Ignoring Sakura's protests that he was in no condition to leave, he slipped on his trainers.
 
Turning around to face Sakura, he leaned forward as he captured her lips. Sakura felt herself relax as she responded. Sasuke's kiss was different to Itachi's. A bit more forceful, but with more passion. As Sasuke pulled away, she could hear him whisper softly, “I'm sorry”, before she felt a sharp pain at the base of her neck and everything went dark.
 
Sasuke stared as he saw the girl topple onto the ground. Bending down, he picked her up and placed her onto the hospital bed gently. Turning around, he reached the door. Stopping just before it, he touched the black flame tattoos on his left arm. Itachi's words echoed in his head.
 
When the Akatsuki come after you, they won't go easy on you like I did today
 
Sasuke growled as he ran his fingers over his tattoos. “Looks like I'll have to go back to Orochimaru again.”