Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ It's So Hard Not To Love You ❯ i like cheese ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

♦
Sasuke, Sakura, Juugo, Karin, Suigetsu, and Katara jumped through the trees. “Someone's following us…” Karin mumbled to Suigetsu. Sasuke and the others had heard too. “Can you tell who it is?” asked Sasuke. She held two fingers up to her face. “No, I can't…but there are two…” she said. “Arm yourself everyone…” Sasuke said. Everyone pulled out their kunai's and shurikuns. Then Kankuro and Tamari jumped past them, but stopped. “Kankuro? Tamari?” Sakura asked, lowering her weapons.
“Yea, the others left us behind…do you know where they went?” Kankuro asked. (They were there when Naruto and the others confronted Sasuke.)
“They went back to their village…” Katara stepped out from behind the others. “If you are going back too…can I come?” she asked. No one protested; she really was no use to the group anymore. “Well if it isn't Princess Katara….” He said, stepping up to her. “Alright with me…what about you Tamari?” he asked, looking back at his sister. “Whatever…let's just get home…” she said. “I like your puppets…their cool!” Katara said, smirking. He smirked back. “I like this girl.” He said, taking her by the wrist. “Wanna know their names?” he asked. “Yea!” she said. So he told her about his puppets as they went back to Konoha village. “I think those two…like each other…” Sakura said, smirking. “It's obvious…” Karin said. Suigetsu kissed her on the cheek, making her blush. “Man, you guys really like each other…” Sakura said, giggling. “And you really like Sasuke…” Karin said. That made Sakura blush. “Whatever…let's go find Itachi…” Sakura said. So they went on their journey. “Sasuke, we have no idea where he could be…this is going to be really tough…” Sakura said, after a few hours of traveling in the Land Hidden in the Mist. “I know…but we can do it. I'm not giving up, no matter how weak I am.” he answered. “That's the way it was for me when it came to finding you…” Sakura mumbled. He stopped, and looked at her. She then smirked. “I knew that would get to you…” she brushed past him. He smirked back.
Karin and Suigetsu were following them and Suigetsu was red in the face. “Hey Suigetsu-WHOA!!” she yelled, stepping away from him. He looked at her quickly. “What is it? Did you see Itachi?” he asked. She started a fit of giggling. After a few minutes of non-stop giggling, she was sitting on the floor of the forest, clutching her side, and laughing like crazy. Suigetsu was kneeling down next to her. “What the heck are you laughing about?” he asked. “You…hahahahahahaha!!! Were blushing!!! Hahahahahah!!” She said, collapsing on the ground. He smirked. “And that's funny why?” he asked, crossing his arms. “You…looked so…hahahahahah!!” Cute….hahahaha!!” he blushed again, which made her laughing even worse. “You have…no…hahahahahahaha!!! Idea how adorable you looked!” she said. His smirk grew even wider. And I'm in love with this? He thought. When she finally calmed down, she still couldn't suppress the little giggles that came in between her talking. “That…hehe…was so HILARIUS!”
She said. “What were you…hahahahah!!! Blushing about anyway?”
He smirked. “About you…” he said. She stiffened, and stopped laughing. “About…me?” she asked, pointing to herself. “Yes…you…” he said, smirking. “What about me?” she asked, but after she asked that she cracked up in giggling again. Rolling his eyes, smirking, he took her hand, and leaned down next to her. “Can I ask you something?” he asked. “Y-yea sure what?” she asked, and then resumed her giggling. (This scene is so funny in my head, lol…)
“Will…will you marry me?” she froze, her eyes widening. “I…didn't have a ring…but…I didn't think you would mind…” he mumbled. She had her hands over her mouth in shock, speechless. After a few minutes of being in shock, Karin's hand dropped from her mouth and Suigetsu saw that she was smirking. “Buttface…” she said. She leaned over and kissed him on the lips. When she broke away from him, she put her forehead on his. “I accept…” she whispered.
♦
Sasuke, Sakura, and Juugo were far ahead of Suigetsu and Karin, but finally when Suigetsu and Karin caught up, Karin went over to Sakura. “He…proposed to me…” she whispered to Sakura. “SUIGETSU PRO-“
“Shhh!” Karin said, putting her hand over Sakura mouth. Sasuke and Juugo looked back at them with confusion. Suigetsu was smirking. “That's so sweet! I would give anything for Sasuke to propose to me…” Sakura whispered back. “Why don't you want to tell anyone?” she asked. “I…I'm just not ready.” Karin responded, letting herself fall behind so she could jump alongside Suigetsu.
 
In Konoha…
 
Tenten was sitting down with Ino and Hinata talking. Both Ino and Tenten were comforting Hinata because she was totally freaking out about Naruto. “Hinata, you can do it! We can even come with you if you want!” Ino said, patting her on the back. “Yeah I mean when I told Neji I totally freaked out because I didn't mean to say it…” Tenten said. “You told Neji you liked him!? You like him!?” Ino called out, putting her hand over her mouth. “I can't believe this Tenten; you never told anyone you liked him!” Ino said, giggling.
“Well…yea I've liked him since back in Ninja academy…” Tenten said, blushing. “Oh…well this morning… me and Shikamaru had `our moment'” said Ino giggling. “Ah, so you finally told him you liked him?” asked Tenten, smirking. “Wha…what do you mean finally?” asked Ino, shocked. “I've known for awhile…the way you were sorda clingy to him…” said Tenten. “Oh, and you weren't clingy to Neji…” said Ino sarcastically. “I'm not clingy to him! Am I?” asked Tenten. “Hey where's Hinata?” she asked, looking around. “There…there she is, over there with Naruto!” Ino said, pointing. And surely enough, Hinata, red in the face, was standing near Naruto in the ramen shop, and Neji and Shikamaru were there too. “Oh no, we gotta help her!” said Tenten, running over, and so did Ino. When they got there Hinata looked like she was going to faint.
“Hinata…are you ok?” asked Naruto. “You want some Ramen?” he asked, shoving a bowl of ramen in her face. “Umm n-no thanks N-Naruto…I'm f-fine…” Hinata said, shaking. “Hey you guys…um Hinata…we'll be right back…” Tenten said, grabbing Hinata by the arm with Ino and dragged over a few yards away from the Ramen shop. “We'll come with you Hinata, we can help you!” said Ino. “Yeah he already knows, he's just waiting for you to tell him!” but as soon as Tenten said that, she slapped her hand over her mouth. Hinata's eyes widened as she looked at Tenten in shock. “W-what!?” Hinata yelled out before fainting. But Naruto caught her. (Sneaky little kyuubi) Neji and Shikamaru appeared behind Ino and Tenten. “Whoops…” Tenten mumbled, taking her hand off of her mouth. “Troublesome women…” Shikamaru said. Ino rolled her yes, kissing him on the cheek. Then Izuma and Gaara appeared before the others. Then Tamari appeared. Kankuro and Katara appeared behind her. “Whoo hoo! Everyone go to my house!! We're gonna have a party!!” Ino said, throwing her fist up into the air. Shikamaru rolled his eyes, smirking. So they all went to Ino's house. Luckily, her parents were off on a mission for a whole 2 months, so they had the house to themselves. “So what should we do?” asked Tenten.
“I know!! Let's tell everyone our deepest darkest secrets until we cry like little baby's!!!” Naruto yelled out. (Major lol…) Everyone sweat dropped. “Or we could play truth or dare!” said Ino. “YA!” Naruto screamed out, making Hinata stir. So Shikamaru, Ino, Kiba, Akamaru (Yes the little puppy gets to play too…lol…), Shino, Neji, Tenten, Izuma, Gaara, Tamari, Kankuro, Katara, Naruto, and the unconscious Hinata were sitting in a circle as Naruto screamed out, “IZUMA TRUTH OR DARE!!??”
She looked up at him. “Truth…” she mumbled, crossing her arms. “Is it TRRRRUE that you are in love with Gaara!?” Izuma “Yes…I am…” Izuma mumbled. Everyone looked at her in shock. “That is sooo romantic!!” Ino yelled out, clutching her hands together.
“Ok, Izuma, you're turn!!” Naruto said, pointing to her. “Neji, truth or dare?” she mumbled. “Truth…” he mumbled back. “How madly are you in love with Tenten?' she asked, smirking. He blushed.
“Ummm….well…as madly as it can get…” he mumbled, smirking when he saw Tenten turn scarlet.
All the girls `Awwwed' and the guys smirked. “Ok…Katara truth or dare?” Neji asked. “Dare!” she said, giggling. “I dare you to kiss Kankuro.” She blushed but accepted quickly. More quickly then anyone thought she would. She leaned over and kissed Kankuro on the lips. When she pulled away he was blushing. She giggled. “Ok Gaara truth or dare?” she asked. “Truth…” he mumbled. “Do you love Izuma?” she asked. He turned a dark red and he looked down. “No…” he mumbled. Izuma felt like she had been punched in the gut. “What ever fair enough…” Katara said.
Izuma fought the urge to cry…she felt broken. She admitted it and she had almost the same personality as him…she thought he had accepted her…
But as the game progressed she sat silently looking at the ground. The game lasted for about 2 hours and everyone had mostly chosen truth except for Naruto and Katara.
When the game ended everyone went to bed, but Izuma walked outside feeling miserable. Suddenly she felt a presence behind her. Her water mark flashed as the water from a nearby stream shot up, ready to defend her. But the water splashed to the ground when she saw that it was Gaara. “Something's wrong…I can tell…” he mumbled. She didn't respond. He walked along beside her until they came to a dead end. She was about to walk away, when he grabbed her wrist. She turned around facing him. She saw confusion in his eyes and he saw hurt in her eyes. Then unexpectedly a tear rolled down her cheek. She quickly brushed it away, but she was too late, Gaara had already seen it. “Something is wrong…” he mumbled. “Nothing is wrong…” she lied, pulling away from him. He let her go and watched her walk away from him, brushing another tear away.
 
Hinata stirred as she sat up slowly looking around her. Everyone was fast asleep. Neji was next to Tenten, his arm draped over her waist, Shikamaru was holding Ino in her sleep, Kiba was laying down sleeping with Akamaru sleeping by his head, Tamari was laying down in a corner, Kankuro and Katara were sleeping really close to each other, and Naruto was snoring loudly in his sleep. The only one that looked suspiciously awake was Shino. Then he spoke up, “Hinata is something troubling you?” he mumbled. Hinata jumped, started by his voice. But she walked over and sat next to him. “Yes…Shino there is…” she mumbled back. She didn't wait for him to ask what it was, she just told him everything. (She trusts Shino and Kiba and loves them like brothers I think I mean you can tell in the series…) “I really want him to know that I love him…” she whispered.
“Tell him…” Shino said. “What?” Hinata looked at him questioningly. “You'll loose you're chance. Like all of those other times…” he mumbled. He was right…but she was just too scared…scared??
She felt anger and depression boil up inside of her. She was scared? And yet Naruto wasn't afraid of any enemy, any beast, even the worst foes, and she was scared of her feelings? That couldn't be right…yet it was…I'm 16…I can do this…I've waited too long…she thought angrily. The next time I get a chance I'm taking it…I'm not waiting…
“Thank you Shino…” she mumbled, hugging him gently. He smirked, wrapping his arms tightly around her. “Hinata you're like my sister and I'll love you like one…don't let feelings get in you're way…” he said. She pulled away from him. In the morning she would tell him when she got the chance. She had too…
♦
Izuma found herself running through the streets crying silently. She couldn't take this any longer. She had never felt like this before, she had never had feelings like this for anyone. As she ran up to Ino's house, she silently walked in, closing the door behind her. She walked over to one of the corners of the room, sitting down. She sat there thinking for a few moments, until the door of the house creaked open slowly and Gaara walked in. She watched him walk in, and look around the room. His gaze met her, but she quickly snapped her eyes shut. He walked over to her and leaned down next to her. She then felt a warm hand on her cheek. As she slowly opened her eyes, she saw Gaara looking at her, confused. Just looking into his eyes made her want to break down in tears, since she knew he didn't understand. But she knew better then that…
She pushed his hand off of her cheek, and moved closer to the wall. A tear glided gently down her cheek. She screamed at herself mentally for being so emotional as she wiped the tear away furiously. Gaara was terribly confused. Never had he been loved, and finally a person that loved him had started to treat him with hatred. Was it something he had done? Gaara absolutely hated to ask for advice, but he felt like he had too. So the next morning, he walked up to Tamari feeling annoyed and arrogant having to ask his sister for advice. “Tamari…can I talk with you?” Gaara asked. “Yea sure what's up little bro?” she asked. “It's…about…Izuma…” he said through clenched teeth.
“Reeeally? So my vicious little brother is having girl problems, huh?” she asked, giggling. His eyebrow twitched. “Ok, ok, so what's the problem?” she asked, sitting down. He however remained standing and looked away. “She…won't talk to me…she keeps running away…” he mumbled, but felt a jab of pain as he remembered her ignorant and angry behavior. “Well, you pretty much blew it last night when we were playing truth or dare…you said you didn't like her. And that could tear someone up real bad. Gaara I know you're not the kind of guy, but I really think you should try to comfort her…tell her that you care for her…that you love her. We all know that you do. And I guess she sorda thought that too that deep down inside you really did like her, because when you said that, she looked torn to pieces…” Tamari said. Then Izuma walked into the house, her water trailing slowly behind her.
When she saw Gaara, her eyes darted to the ground, as she swiftly walked over to the kitchen where Ino was (trying) to make breakfast. “Hey, Izuma, what's up?” asked Ino, as she tried to crack some eggs, but ended up sending the shell as well as the yoke inside her cooking bowl. “I can help…” Izuma mumbled. “Thanks Izuma you're a lifesaver!!” Ino said, hugging her, making Izuma stiffen. Finally when she let go, Izuma grabbed two eggs and cracked them gently, letting the yoke ooze into the bowl. After cracking about 3 more eggs, she poured the contents of the bowl into a frying pan, and turned the heat on the oven top. After making the eggs, she dished them in a bowl to let them cool down. After this, she went out of the kitchen, but there stood Gaara. She was about to pass him, but he grabbed her by the arm, and then by her chin. She wanted to pull herself out of his grasp, but her body wouldn't let her. She stood there, frozen, staring into his eyes. “Gaara…I…” she started, but then she yanked away from him, unexpectedly, and ran out the door of the house. Gaara stood there, confused. When would she talk to him? Would she ever talk to him?
“Go after her!” Tamari had popped out from behind him, startling him. “You'll never win her love back if you don't go after her!” she said. But Gaara wouldn't-somehow he couldn't.
♦
Hinata saw Naruto eating a bowl of Ramen for breakfast. “Hey Hinata, was up?” he asked, shoving some Ramen into his mouth. “Umm N-Naruto I need to talk to you…” she mumbled. “Oh, ok! Come on and sit down!” he said, pointing to the chair beside him. She turned a deep scarlet as she sat down. “So what is it?” he asked.
“I …um…N-Naruto…”
Be brave…
“Naruto…”
You're a Shinobi…
“I'm in love with you…”
That a girl…
Naruto looked at her with his eyebrow raised smirking. So she finally told me…he thought. He put his chopsticks down and leaned over, kissing her on the lips. Hinata was completely shocked at first, but let her eyelids drop as she kissed him back. “Am I…interrupting something?” it was Gaara. Hinata pulled away from Naruto, blushing furiously as she looked down at her shoes. “GAARA!!!” Naruto screamed, throwing his bowl of Ramen at him. Gaara just smirked as his sand blocked the Ramen from hitting him square in the face.
♦
That night Izuma walked through the door of the house. Everyone was sleeping; well not everyone. Gaara was secretly awake watching her. She saw Gaara leaning against the wall; walking over to him she sat down, moving a few inches away. As she closed her eyes, and tried to sleep, she suddenly felt something warm on her cheek. Her eyelids flew open as she heard a rustle next to her. Looking over she saw Gaara with his eyes closed but she knew that he wasn't sleeping. Then she realized; he had kissed her on the cheek!
She blushed, bringing her hand slowly up to her cheek. Then she smiled, and kissed Gaara on the cheek as well, laying her head on his shoulder and falling asleep.
♦
The next morning, Neji walked over Gaara. “Gaara…do you know anything…about proposals?” he asked, looking away when Gaara looked at him weirdly. “No…” Gaara said, walking away. Then he asked Shikamaru…
“No.”
Shino…
“No.”
Kiba…
“No.”
Naruto…
“HECK YEA!”
“Really!?”
“No…” (Neji hits him on the side of the head…)
Kankuro…
“No.”
He felt hopeless after that…well until Ino popped up. “Sooo you need help with a proposal?” she asked, smirking. He rolled his eyes. “Maybe…” he mumbled. “Oh, first we need to buy you a ring!!” Ino said, grabbing him by the hand, taking him to a jeweler that lived across town. “Come on!” she said, pulling him there. When they got there, Neji was blushing. This was so annoying for him…
“Ooooo do you think she'll like this one?” Ino asked, pointing to a gold ring with 3 diamonds on it. “Or this one?” she asked, pointing to a silver one with green diamonds. “Or-“
“No, that one…” he said, pointing to a blue marble ring. “But it doesn't have a diamond on it…” Ino said. “Tenten doesn't care much for diamonds…” Neji said, picking it up. The price wasn't too high but it wasn't to low to be called an un-decent ring. He bought it and put it in a little black box. Tucking it into his pocket when he had paid for it, Ino walked up to him, grinning. “When are you gonna propose to her?” she asked. “I don't know…” he said. “Is it gonna be soon?”
I don't know…” he said impatiently. “Oh I know! I've got the perfect plan!!” she yelled out. “We can take everyone out to dinner and when we're all there, then you can propose to her!” she squealed, jumping up and down. “This is so exiting!!” she said. Neji rolled his eyes. “She's gonna love it, she'll definitely say yes!!”
So that night, Ino and everyone else ordered a table in the most expensive and fancy restaurants in Konoha. After everyone had eaten, Neji got up, and grabbed Tenten by the wrist, taking her with him. “Neji what are you doing?” she asked. “Tenten I love you more then my own life…” he said. “That's really sweet, but where are you taking me?” she asked again. After they had gotten a few feet away from the table, Neji kneeled down, and held out the ring. “Tenten…will you marry me?” he asked. She put her hands on her cheeks and stood there for a few moments. “She's white!” Izuma called out, jumping over to Gaara to get to Tenten. She got there just in time, because Tenten almost fell over. Catching her, she summoned her water, and splashed it in Tenten's face, bringing Tenten back to consciousness. Ino and Hinata rushed over to, fanning the poor girl, making sure she wouldn't pass out again. Neji had already gotten up and was standing, looking at the ground. Finally, when Tenten was able to stand up, she ran out of the restaurant, her face buried in her hands.
Ino, Hinata, and Izuma followed closely behind.