Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ It's So Hard Not To Love You ❯ i like crackers haha ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Sasuke!” Sakura cried, falling over, and crying out from the pain. He appeared behind her, and gently picked her up, making sure not to touch her wounded arms and legs.
“How did you find me?” she asked as she put her arm around his neck. “Karin sensed the chakra.” he said. But then Itachi appeared before them.
“You're not leaving with my little flower.” he said. “I'm not your freaken flower!” Sakura yelled out. “Watch me big brother.” Sasuke said, appearing with Sakura behind Itachi. “I told you he's improved dummy.” she said. Then Sasuke started running. As they ran through the long, stone walls, Sakura saw Kisame, dead.
“Wait!” Sakura cried. “We don't have time to wait.” Sasuke said. “But the sword!” she cried, making him stop. “Kisame's sword! We can give it to Suigetsu!” she cried. He ran back and grabbed the sword, giving it to Sakura. As he started running Itachi appeared in front of them. His Sharingon eyes were blazing with anger.
“I don't have time for this!” Sasuke yelled, taking the sword from Sakura, and swinging it towards Itachi. He dodged it easily. But then Suigetsu, Karin, and Juugo appeared behind Itachi. Sasuke saw them, and smirked.
Suddenly, someone took her out of Sasuke's grasp. She fought the strong arms, but then she noticed it was Juugo. “It's ok, I've got you, and we're getting out of here!” he said.
“What about Sasuke?” she cried, once again struggling. “He's gonna take care of Itachi!” Karin said. Suigetsu came up from behind her, with Kisame's sword on his back. Zabuza's sword was right beside it. “We're leaving.” He said. “And Sasuke will be fine.” He added before Sakura could say anything.
“But where are we going?” asked Sakura. But then Sasuke appeared in front of her. He leaned down and kissed her on the lips. Breaking apart from her, he whispered in her ear, “I love you.” Her eyes widened in shock. But he used his Sharingon, making her fall into unconsciousness.
♦
As Sakura woke, she was lying on the ground. As she sat up, she saw Suigetsu, Karin, and Juugo…but no Sasuke…
“No!” she cried, springing to her feet, but falling to her knee's from the splitting pain that blazed through her arms and legs.
“Sakura lie down and rest…” she heard a small voice say. She looked over and saw Karin sitting down next to Suigetsu. Juugo was pacing behind them. “But…Sasuke…” she whispered. “Sasuke's in battle…with his brother.” Suigetsu mumbled. Sakura struggled to her feet, but Karin stopped her from going anywhere. “Sakura you need to accept this fact…his brother is strong, and yeah Sasuke's gotten stronger, but still…there's a chance he could die.”
“No! Your lying, no! We have to go help him-!”
“Sakura!” it was Suigetsu, he grabbed her by the shoulders. “He's been waiting for this his entire life…you were the one who respected that wish…his wish of revenge, you have to be strong!” he cried. Sakura burst into tears, and struggled to get out of his grasp.
“No, no I have to go help him, I have to!” she cried, but Suigetsu held her firmly. But then kunai's hurled through the trees that surrounded them, one clanging on Suigetsu's sword and bouncing off, but the other one struck Sakura's side. She fell on her knees and quickly pulled the kunai out. Kabuto suddenly appeared behind her. He put a kunai to her throat. She could feel the icy cold blade stinging her neck, as little droplets of blood trickled down her skin. “If you value your life you'll tell me where Sasuke is.” He mumbled in her ear. “No.” she responded bluntly. She winced as the cold metal pressed harder against her skin.
“Why do you need to know?” she whispered. But before she could answer, a shuriken whizzed past her, hitting Kabuto right on the cheek. He dropped the knife that was at her neck and fell over. Sasuke appeared in front of her, and picked her up, but Kabuto's wound had already healed itself and he was already on his feet again.
“What about your brother?” asked Sakura, healing her side and her neck. “I'll take care of him later; I have to get Orouchimaru out of the way first.” He mumbled.
“Why?” she asked. “Just stick with the plan.” He said, lying her down on the ground. She got up. “I'll take care of Kabuto…go and fight your brother!” she said.
“Sakura-“
“Sasuke go! Your worried about me, I know you are, I've gotten stronger, please, just trust me!” she cried. Before he could answer, she flung her arms around his neck, and kissed him full in the mouth. When she pulled apart, she pushed him away.
“I love you Sasuke…now go!” as if hypnotized, he followed her orders and fled down the path. “Don't die! Kick your bothers butt!” she cried.
He turned around…and actually…SMILED!!!
Sakura almost fell over in shock, but recovered quickly as Kabuto jumped up and almost slashed her with his kunai. She pulled out her own and started fighting him
Meanwhile, Suigetsu and Karin were fighting two huge snakes sent to them from Orouchimaru. The giant snakes hissed as they plummeted towards them.
Suigetsu jumped to the side and crashed into Karin, he was on top of her.
“Suigetsu, you idiot! Get up!” she yelled, her eyebrows twitching. He smirked, and got up, pulling out both of his swords.
“Let's do this.” He said. “And if you die, I'm gonna kill you.” Karin said, brushing past him. His smirk grew wider.
“Review your logic Karin. If I'm dead you can't kill me again.” He said. She rolled her eyes, and pulled out her kunai's, aiming for the snake's neck. She threw it, but the snake dodged out of the way.
But suddenly, thousands of kunai's slammed into the snake, slicing it, and blood went everywhere. But the knives were ice.
“Take that, bastard!” it was Izuma! Kankuro, Gaara, and Tamari appeared before them.
“How about we help out here?” asked Kankuro, unraveling the cloth around his puppet. Tamari slammed her fan on the ground, causing the wind to blow furiously. Gaara's sand swiveled around the snake's throat.
“Sand Coffin!” he yelled, as the sand squeezed the snake to death. The marks on Izuma's body lit up, as rain started falling from the sky.
She made a jutsu sign, and a giant ice ball slammed down on the two snakes, crushing them. “Where's Sakura?” she asked. Then they saw her, fighting Kabuto.
“Give up little girl, you can't win.” He said. “What makes you think I'm a little girl?” she yelled, throwing kunai's at him. But Izuma jumped in, the rain pounded harder.
“Giant Water Tsunami!” she yelled. Sakura jumped out of the way, but it was too late for Kabuto, he was engulfed in water, and was drowning.
When it was done, the water dissolved away. Sakura was clutching her shoulder, she was injured. “Here. Use this ointment; it will heal your arm.” Katara was standing behind her, handing her a small glass bottle. As Sakura healed her arm with the ointment, Sakura remembered Sasuke.
 
Sasuke stood looking at Itachi. “You won't win, big brother.” He said. “Patience, we'll see who wins…and the winner keeps the flower…”
“Her name is Sakura!” Sasuke yelled, clenching his fists. “It doesn't matter what I call her, I'm going to win her…it won't matter what I call her then…”
“Shut up, you won't win her!” Sasuke yelled, activating his Sharingon, and jumping towards Itachi. Itachi jumped out of the way just in time.
“Fireball Jutsu!” Sasuke yelled, fire bursting from his mouth. Itachi continued to dodge him. “Fight me you coward!” Sasuke yelled. “Like I said little brother, patience…she's coming…”
What are you talking about?” he yelled, but then it clicked…”Sakura…” he mumbled. “You don't touch her!” Sasuke yelled. “Who said I was going to?” Itachi asked, smirking. But suddenly, Sakura kicked Itachi in the head. “Sakura!” Sasuke yelled out, running to her. “Sasuke! Are you alright?” he nodded. Itachi was on the ground, the back out his head bleeding. How could I have not seen that? Itachi asked himself furiously.
“Get up and fight.” Sasuke was standing next to him. Itachi stood.
“Well it seems I have to get to your weakness to win this battle.” Itachi said. Before Sasuke could answer, Itachi appeared behind Sakura. He grabbed her, and turned her around, and looked her in the eye. She stiffened, but it was too late.
“Mangekyu Sharingon…” Sakura managed to whisper. As she plummeted into a world of darkness she saw her parents…Sasuke… Ino…everyone that she loved…they were all being tortured…by her…she screamed out in fury and fright.
She felt someone shaking her…she knew it must be Sasuke…but her mind told her it was Itachi…and that he was about to kill her. “No! NO! Go away!” she screamed. In reality she was screaming at Sasuke, but in the Mangekyu Sharingon, Itachi was about to kill her.
But then the torture went away…she felt Sasuke holding her, comforting her…that was impossible in the Mangekyu Sharingon…wasn't it?
“Sakura…” the warmth of him breath, the warmth of his voice broke the spell of the Sharingon…she saw clearly now, and she loved it. She loved Sasuke. Could love really penetrate the Sharingon? Unlikely, but whatever it was, it was over.
“Sasuke…” she whispered. She felt Sasuke's chest breathe out in a sigh of relief. She flung her arms around his neck, and shivered. He held her tightly. But then she pushed away from him.
“Fight your brother.” she said. He smirked. “Are you gonna be ok?” he asked. Nodding, she kissed him on the cheek. “Don't worry about me.” she said. Sakura got up, and motioned towards Itachi. Sasuke nodded and activated his Sharingon once more.
Sakura walked back to where the others were. Sasuke stood up and walked over to his brother. “Look's like your little Mangekyu trick didn't work, brother.” Sasuke said mockingly, smirking. Itachi scowled. “Apparently my weakness is a weakness of your own as well.” Sasuke said. “I wouldn't be so boastful if I were you, the battle isn't done.” Itachi said, standing up as well. “It will be over soon.” Sasuke murmured.
Itachi appeared before him, but Sasuke was prepared. He pulled out his kunai, and was about to plunge it into Itachi's chest, but Itachi's hand stopped him.
“Do you really want to do that?” he asked. “I've been waiting my whole life for this!” Sasuke yelled. “I'm sure.” But Itachi appeared behind Sasuke.
“Well what if I'm not ready to die yet?” asked Itachi. “What reason do you have for living?” Sasuke yelled, facing his brother.
“You pry on the innocent, you call that pleasure, and you kill anyone that stands in your way! You have no reason to live.” Sasuke pulled out his chakra blade.
“And for all of the things you've done, you'll die like you're meant to die!” he swung his sword, and almost hit Itachi.
After a couple more swings his brother started mocking him. “What wrong little brother have you had some trouble with your training? You always did when you were small…has thoughts of the flower flooded your mind?” Itachi's voice rang through Sasuke head.
“No!” Sasuke said delivering a blow that even Itachi couldn't escape from. It cut Itachi's shoulder deeply, but Itachi merely winced. “You'll have to do better then that.” Itachi said.
“I'm way ahead of you! Chidori!” Sasuke yelled plunging the Chidori into Itachi's back before he had the chance to do anything. Itachi yelled out in pain and surprise.
“Noooo! The battle has just begun-“
“Shut up you're through.” Sasuke said, as Itachi slumped to the ground, dead. As he walked away, he saw Sakura hiding behind a bush. He smirked. “You know, you're not a very good hider…” he said. She stiffened and came out from behind it.
“I just…wanted to make sure you wouldn't get hurt…” she said blushing. Sasuke kissed her on the cheek. “Now it's Orouchimaru's turn…”
♦
Sasuke and Sakura ran to Orouchimaru. Suigetsu and Karin were battling two more snakes that had come out, and Izuma was doing the same. Gaara was there too and fighting by Izuma's side. But then, finally Orouchimaru came out.
“Orouchimaru!!” cried Sasuke, running towards him. “Ah, Ssssasuke…so you managed to kill your bother…he was getting weak.”
“Shut up, we're not talking about that bastard; we're talking about ME kicking YOUR butt!!” Sasuke yelled, pulled out his sword.
“You know, you've gotten much louder since you started joining with that Sakura girl…it's annoying me.” Orouchimaru said. But suddenly an arrow shot towards Orouchimaru, hitting him in the side. “Arrrrggg!!!” Orouchimaru yelled, yanking the arrow out, but it wouldn't budge. “Curse this…CURSE THIS ALL!!” Orouchimaru yelled.
“Well your started to annoy me you SLIMY FREAK!!!!” yelled someone. Sasuke's eyes snapped towards the voice. It was Sakura! With a bow and arrow in her hand, she was aiming at Orouchimaru. “Sakura-“
“No Sasuke…let me fight this battle. I've been cowering behind you for as long as I can remember. This is my battle!!” Sakura yelled, shooting an arrow. It ran through Orouchimaru, like a knife and butter. Orouchimaru dropped to the ground. However, snakes burst from his limp body.
“Sakura, use your forbidden technique!!” Sasuke yelled. Sakura remembered that day, the first day she had used that technique on Sasuke. It was so fun…being with him like that when he didn't really care that much for me still…but now…now he loves me…and I won't let anyone destroy this bond I've worked so hard to build up!
“Forbidden Haruno Technique! Sakura Vine Jutsu!!” she yelled. Vines burst out of the ground, entangling the snakes, and squeezing them. She squeezed them harder and harder, until they slumped to the ground dead as well.
Sakura fell to her knees. I used…way too much chakra…it was so much harder the second time…she though, falling over, but gentle, yet strong arms caught her.
“Sas…uke…”
♦
Sakura woke up as she felt sunlight washing over her. The warmth reminded her that Orouchimaru and Itachi were gone. She smiled, and opened her eyes. She saw Izuma sitting on a stool. Izuma's eyes met hers.
“Gaara…she's awake…” Izuma mumbled. But why was she mumbling? Did…did something happen…when I collapsed? Sakura thought, sitting up. She flinched as a small streak of pain issued throughout her body. She looks so sad…
“How are you feeling?” asked Izuma. “Where's Sasuke?” asked Sakura. Izuma looked at Gaara with a worried look.
“Sakura…he…Sasuke…he left…” Izuma whispered. “He said…he couldn't stay…”
“He…HE PROMISED!!” Sakura yelled, getting out of bed. “Sakura, you shouldn't move, you're still hurt!” said Izuma, getting up.
“I'm fine…” Sakura said. “Izuma…watch over Naruto…please, and make sure no one comes after me.” Sakura said. Izuma nodded, and looked at the ground. Walking over to the window, she watched Sakura run out of the village.
“I…I don't think I should have let her go…but she loves him…” Izuma mumbled, looking at Gaara. He walked over to her, looking out the window as well.
“She'll be fine.”