Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Just the Girl ❯ Just The Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I do not own either Click 5’s song, “Just the Girl” or Naruto. I do own this songfic.

Just the girl: Click 5

Sakura and Naruto

She's cold and she's cruel

But she knows what she's doin'

She pushed me in the pool at our last school reunion

She laughs at my dreams

But I dream about her laughter

Strange as it seems

She's the one I'm after

Naruto made a face at Sakura as she swooned over Sasuke, “Give it a rest, Sakura!” he yelled.

Sakura glared and put her hands on her hips, “Shut up Naruto!” she yelled back.

Kakashi sighed and went back to his beloved porn. Here they go again!

Naruto and Sasuke were training, fighting against each other was more like it. Sakura “accidentally” knocked Naruto into the river, “Oh! I’m so sorry Naruto!” she gave a half hearted act.

Naruto got to the bank and spit out the river water and glared at her, though he loved it. He loved everything about Sakura and sighed as he pulled himself out of the water. ‘My luck.’ he thought sadly and looked at her trying to win Sasuke’s affections once more.

Cause she's bittersweet

She knocks me off of my feet

And I can't help myself, I don't want anyone else

She's a mystery

She's too much for me

But I keep comin' back for more

She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

Just the girl I'm lookin' for

She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

Naruto sat across from Kakashi and Sakura across from Sasuke as they ate their dinner. “So…Kakashi, what do we do tomorrow?” Naruto asked, breaking the silence.

“Training.” Kakashi said.


“Duh Naruto, what did you think we’d be doing?!” Sakura laughed.

Naruto didn’t know why he liked Sakura more than just that she was someone she couldn’t have. Was that it? Nah…there was more.

She made him want to laugh more.

Live more.

And everything else in between.

He sighed, “You’re too much, Sakura.” he muttered and ate more noodles.

Sakura glared, eye twitching a bit, “What’s that supposed to mean!?”

“Exactly what I said!” Naruto glared back, the lightning from their chi’s clashing.

“Children. I’d rather eat than have a petty fight.” Kakashi sighed.

Sasuke shook his head and went back to his food.

She can't keep a secret for more than an hour

She runs on 100 proof attitude power

And the more she ignores me

The more I adore her

What can I do?

I'd do anything for her

Naruto was doing pushups when Sakura walked by saddened a bit. He sat up and looked up at her, “Hey Sakura?”

Sakura looked down at him, “What Naruto?” she asked in a not so pleasant mood.

“You really like Sasuke, huh?” he asked.

“Am I that transparent?” she asked, almost shocked.

Naruto raised a brow, “it was supposed to be a secret?”

Sakura sighed and walked off, “Shut up Naruto.”

Naruto frowned and shook his head, “Whatever Sakura.” he muttered and went back to his pushups but couldn’t get the young pink haired ninja out of his mind.

(Chorus)

But when she sees it's me

On her caller ID

She won't pick up the phone

She'd rather be alone

But I can't give up just yet

'Cause every word she's ever said

Still ringin' in my head

Still ringin' in my head

Naruto walked up to Sasuke and Sakura accidentally as Sasuke spoke harshly to Sakura, “Why don’t you understand I hate you?”

Naruto paused midstep, seeing red and walked up to Sasuke and glared at the boy.

“What do you want Naruto?” Sasuke muttered and turned to leave. Naruto saw Sakura turn away, tears streaming.

“Nothing you can give me.” Naruto grabbed his teammate’s shoulder and spun him around and punched him.

Sakura gasped and looked as Sasuke landed on the ground, glaring at Naruto.

“You don’t deserve Sakura or her love.” Naruto made clear every syllable and stormed off.

Sakura looked down at the spitfire Sasuke was glaring at Naruto with and ran after the blond boy. “Hey! Naruto! Stop! What’s the matter with you!?” she turned him around.

He quickly spun towards her and his hands went to her face. She gasped and almost fell back as he grabbed her face. “This.”

He wiped away her tears. “That’s what’s the matter.” he muttered and turned away, walking off.

She's cold and she's cruel

But she knows what she's doin'

Knows just what to say

So my whole day is ruined

Sakura followed him, “Why are you doing this?! Stop being so nice!”

Naruto glared in front of him, not listening.

“Naruto! Would you at least talk?!” Sakura pleaded.

He stopped and looked at her, “Why try to get him when he clearly doesn’t want you?! Oh, I know why!” he said in the most fake happy voice ever, “It’s for the same reason I do to make you notice me!”

She stepped back as he told her, “I would have given anything for you to see me in at least a bit of the light you rein on Sasuke because you love him so much! But what’s the point in loving someone who can’t stand being around you? Who doesn’t care if you live or die? Who won’t even have your back in a fight? What is the point Sakura?!”

(Chorus X2)

(Just the girl) I'm lookin' for

(Just the girl) I'm lookin' for

(Just the girl) I'm lookin' for

Just the girl I'm lookin' for

She was speechless as he questioned her. “Naruto…”

“Forget what I said.” he said as he walked off.

“I’m sorry…I can’t.” Sakura said and he stopped, his back still facing her. “I can’t…”

“You can’t unlove him, I get it.” he muttered and started to walk again.

“I can’t forget what you’ve done for me. What you just said. And I’m so sorry.” Sakura fell to her knees as he turned to face her, he saw tears streaming again.

“Sakura, wait! Stop!” he was panicking a bit as he skidded down beside her and lifted her face up with his hands as she tried to push him away, “Please Sakura, don’t cry.” he pleaded.

She looked up at him and sighed, “I finally realized…”

“What?” he asked, afraid of the answer.

“Who meant so much more and I didn’t even understand…” she hugged him. “Thank you …so much Naruto.”

Naruto sighed and let her hug him, “Yea, whatever.” he muttered. She smiled against his neck, knowing that’s what he’d say anyway to change the subject.