Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Just the Three of Us ❯ Other Children ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I bet some of you are wondering why I haven't updated Dream Girl yet. Well, it's because I haven't written a rough draft of it yet. I'm still writing in my second notebook, and chapters 5 and 6 are located in my 3rd notebook for ALL of my Naruto fics. So…sorry. Just try to be patient please. Thank you.
 
Disclaimer: I own no one. Nada, zip. Only this story, that is all.
 
Chapter 3: Other Children
 
The months went by, another year passing. The trio came to the village more often, attending the Academy every once in a while. On the first day, Sasuke was crowded by girls while everyone made fun of Sakura's forehead and hair color. Ever since than, Naruto played pranks on those who teased her while Sasuke shot down all the girls who bullied her as well. They were always together, never alone for a moment. When they stayed overnight, they stayed at either Asuma's or Guy's, usually Asuma's since Guy always had them work out early in the morning and late at night, including talking nonstop about youth.
 
They were visiting the village again, there being a festival the next day. Naruto and Sakura were brimming with excitement while Sasuke was smiling at them and Kakashi chuckling. Naruto and Sakura waved at the current gate ninja, heading to the Hokage's tower to pay a visit. In Sakura's right hand was a handkerchief holding a bento, sweets inside. She smiled with joy as she remembered the reactions on Naruto's and Kakashi's faces. Sasuke didn't get one; she already knew he didn't like sweets.
 
“Here we are.” They stood before the door of the Hokage's office, Kakashi knocking for entry.
 
“Come in.” They went inside, the Hokage signing paperwork. He smiled once he saw the children, gesturing them to come closer. Naruto grinned and nudged Sakura with his elbow, jerking his head towards the Hokage. She blushed while nodding, shyly stepping forward and holding out the bento.
 
“I-I made these for you. I hope you l-like them.” He chuckled while gently receiving the gift, patting her head.
 
“Thank you very much Sakura. I'm sure I'll enjoy these very much.” She beamed at him while giving a hug, returning to her friends' sides.
 
Kakashi ushered them away, letting them off to play and explore the village. He would update the Hokage on their training, them getting closer and closer to being able to take care of themselves. In his opinion, it was up to them if they wanted to be shinobi of his village, or be free to travel the country of their own free will.
 
Although there was a high chance of the trio separating in the future to become stronger. There is so much they could learn on one place. Someday, they'd find the ideal tutors that could bring out the talents inside. Until that day, he'd watch over them. The trio who entered his life.
 
 
----------
 
 
The trio wandered through the streets, greeting passing villagers as they headed to their favorite spot. Other children came to this place, but didn't bother them due to their appearance and behavior. Only a few dared to approach them, eventually running away once the trio looked at him or her. It always left the three of them wondering if the village was full of strange people like Guy, which frightened them.
 
Sakura sat beneath her namesake, Naruto on her left and Sasuke on her right. The petals fluttered down, some landing in their hair. Sakura paid no mind while the boys brushed them out, even more landing in their hair. She giggled at them, shaking her head when even more fluttered down.
 
The boys only smiled at her, averting their eyes to the flowers above. They loved this tree; it had a calming effect to them. They were always sad when all of the petals were gone, but brightened up when they knew they'd grow back next spring. Without realizing it, their eyes were back on Sakura herself, eyes softening at once.
 
 
------------
 
 
Several kids watched from the nearby playground, curious to why the three of them disclosed themselves. A boy with short messy brown hair squinted his eyes, yelping when he slipped down the slide on his back. Two other boys laughed at him, one with a ponytail and the other chubby. A girl with pale eyes rushed forward, the only one worried.
 
“Are you okay Kiba?”
 
“Yeah, I'm fine Hinata, thanks.” She smiled at him as he stood up, dusting off his shirt. He turned his head back to the tree, grunting and muttering. “Why don't those two ever leave that girl alone? It's not like she's a china doll.” A blonde girl slapped the back of his head, giving a humph.
 
“Hello! Did you forget! Everyone, including you, made fun of her! And thanks to kids like you, Sasuke and Naruto wouldn't let me try to be friends with her!” He tried to ignore her, so she grabbed the back of his shirt, dragging him away from where he could see the tree.
 
“Hey! Ino, stop!”
 
“Why should I?”
 
“I'm trying to figure out why they're glued to her!”
 
“They're best friends.” The two kids shrieked, holding their hearts as they breathed heavily. A boy with sunglasses stepped out of the shadows, seemingly looking at a bug. “They've always been together because of their loneliness from their old home. They don't include us because we are not one of them.” Ino and Kiba looked at each other, not quite believing him.
 
“Yeeeah…suuure. You're right Shino.”
 
“So, you psychic or somefin'?” He held out his hand, a beetle landing on his finger.
 
“I have my…sources.” The two shivered, slowly scooting away from the boy.
 
“Man that kid creeps me out.”
 
“I heard that.”
 
 
------------
 
 
A ball rolled over underneath the tree, softly tapping Sakura's shoe. There was no response, her fast asleep. Naruto and Sasuke however, were wide awake. They tensed up; their eyes following the path the ball took. A young boy was jogging up to them, flinching once he got close enough to reveal his bushy eyebrows. He stooped over, catching his breath. He laughed while smiling nervously, scratching his head.
 
“Sorry to bother you, I'm just here…to…get…” His eyes were frozen upon Sakura's face, his cheeks a tinge of pink. He crouched down, retrieving the ball, his eyes still on Sakura. Sasuke and Naruto noticed this, looking each other in the eye, nodding at the same time. Naruto embraced Sakura gently while Sasuke stood up, leering at the boy. He nudged his head, walking away with his hands in his pockets. Confused, the boy looked at Sakura once more, eventually following Sasuke. Children close by gaped, hiding behind bushes and trees, feeling sorry for the poor unfortunate soul who wandered too close to the precious pink haired princess. Sasuke suddenly stopped, the boy almost walking into him. “Uhm, excuse me. May I ask why you have led me here?” Sasuke quickly turned his head, his eyes harsh and cold. The boy froze, unknowingly shivering at his presence.
 
“Stay away from Sakura.” The boy didn't understand at first, finally getting the idea.
 
“Sakura? Do you mean that pretty, blossom hai-“
 
“I said stay away from her!” His mouth went dry, it becoming difficult to breathe. Sasuke walked up to him, glaring with a scowl. Offended, the boy curled his fists and glared back.
 
“And why should I listen to you little boy.” The girls who were watching started screaming.
 
 
-----------
 
 
Naruto stared in the direction Sasuke went off to, holding Sakura close to him. He didn't like the look in the boy's eyes when he looked at Sakura. He didn't know why, but it just irked him, and he knew Sasuke felt the same way. His eyes strayed down to the girl in his arms, a warm smile on his face. Her face was calm and peaceful, signs of her sadness and pain gone. This was how it was supposed to be. No frowns or tears, but a gentle smile and soft eyes. A stray petal landed on her nose, brows furrowing. Chuckling quietly, he proceeded to brush it off.
 
“AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!” Sakura jumped away from him, hand over her heart. Naruto was standing, eyes hard with his mouth set in a grim expression. Sakura looked up at him, noticing the familiar face.
 
“Naruto is it…” He nodded his head, sighing as he watched her run off to the source of the scream. He followed suit, spotting Sasuke beating the boy on the ground, the boy's nose broken with bruises forming as blood splattered from his mouth.
 
“Someone's gotta stop him!”
 
“I'm scared Nami!”
 
“Sasuke! Stop it!” His fist stopped a few centimeters away from the boy's face, Sakura walking over with anger. She instantly slapped Sasuke, helping the boy to his feet. Sasuke and Naruto were surprised when she glared at them. “What's wrong with you! He didn't do anything!”
 
“Sakura, we're just trying to-“
 
“Protect me? Seems to me the bullies around here are you and Naruto!” They drooped their heads in shame, feeling her outrage. “Now, are you okay? I'm really sorry, but sometimes they're a bit overprotective.” The boy smiled at her, kids wincing up at his banged up face. “Come on, I'll take you to the hospital. Uhm…unh…”
 
“My name is rock Lee.” At least he could talk properly.
 
Sakura gently held Lee's hand, making sure he didn't bump into anyone on their way to the hospital. His face was a scarlet red, blushing at the contact with her skin. He daydreamed of possible futures, although being a bit TOO optimistic. Then thoughts of Naruto and Sasuke stealing her away from him made his blood boil, fire in his eyes. He flinched, reminded of the pain Sasuke brought upon him.
 
Sakura noticed, spotting a bench with less people walking through. She sat down there, helping Lee so he wouldn't hurt as much. She said nothing at first, watching the birds twirl in the sky. Letting out a sigh, she turned to him.
 
“Hey Lee.”
 
“Oh! Yes Sakura?”
 
“I'm sorry about what Sasuke did to you, and Naruto's behavior. But please don't blame them. Ever since we first met two years ago, we understood each other perfectly. Our pain, sadness, sorrow, and other things. Truth is it's hard for us to open up to other people. They think they know us, but all they see is our exterior. Boys think Sasuke is mister mopey while girls think he's cool and awesome, typical crushes. With Naruto, he's thought of as a prankster by everyone. As for me, I'm a freak and girls absolutely loathe me.”
 
“You are not such a thing! You are still young, having yet to fully bloom into a cherry blossom!” She smiled at him, sliding off the bench while helping Lee.
 
“Come on, let's get you bandaged up. Oh, and Lee?”
 
“Yes Sakura?”
 
“Please don't do anything that'll get you hurt.”
 
“Roger! Unh, I mean, I promise!”
 
 
------------
 
 
Lee and Sakura walked around the village, Lee covered in bandages and bruises. Every time he winced she would apologize, him blushing and saying it was okay. Kakashi was behind them, having bumped into Sakura at the hospital. He was more than shocked to see her without her `bodyguards'. He kept an eye out for them, wondering where the two boys were.
 
“Hmph. You've gotten yourself into another pointless fight. And from your appearance, you lost.” Two kids stood before them, the same age as Lee. The boy had his long dark brown hair in a loose ponytail, his pale eyes penetrating their thoughts. The girl beside him had her hair in buns, her hazel eyes rolling.
 
“Who was it this time? Kenji? Yuu? Watari?” Lee groaned, his eyes set on the boy.
 
“Someday, I'll prove to you that I can be a splendid ninja! Just you wait Neji!” He scoffed, a smug smirk on his face.
 
“That day will never come.”
 
“Why you…Tenten, you believe in me, don't you?”
 
“Uh…get back to me on that.” Lee drooped over, tears streaming down his face.
 
“Life is so cruel!”
 
“Don't worry Lee. I know you'll be a great ninja.” Lee brightened up, his eyes sparkling while holding her hands.
 
“You really think so!?”
 
“Uh…yeah…” He leaped into the air with joy, shivers going up his spine, once landing on his feet, collapsing onto the ground.
 
“How pathetic. Only a pink haired freak would think such nonsense.” Without warning, Neji fell to the ground, a foot mark on his left cheek, holding his left arm.
 
“Don't you ever!"
 
“Call Sakura a freak!”
 
 
----------
 
 
The sky was clear, the stars twinkling above the quiet village. The moon reflected off the small lake, ripples coming from stones. Sasuke and Naruto were skipping stones, Sasuke winning their little game. Sakura was by the fire, roasting marshmallows while Kakashi was reading his book. After the run in with the two boys, Lee and Neji, Kakashi knew Naruto and Sasuke would need to cool off.
 
“I just can't stand guys like him!” Naruto threw another rock, landing with a splat. “Argh, he has no right to talk abut Sakura! Right Sasuke!”
 
“Hn.” Unlike Naruto, his stone successfully skidded. Sakura quietly giggled, fingers caressing the necklace Naruto gave to her, her hair held by the same ribbon. Kakashi peeked over his book, grinning while laying his hand on her head.
 
“Don't worry, he cares. Besides, why else would he kick the Hyuga in the face?”
 
“Hey! Don't forget me!” Sakura only laughed, shrieking when her marshmallow caught on fire. She swung it about, sighing once the fire died down. Kakashi handed over chocolate and graham crackers, Sakura happily squishing the semi-burnt marshmallow. The boys took their usual spots beside her, Naruto yelling at his blazing marshmallow. Sasuke tried to hold back his laughter, failing what Sakura started imitating Kakashi. Kakashi coughed at the sight, wondering how his students saw him.
 
They were fast asleep, Sakura flat on her back with some hair in her face. The boys were on their sides, snuggled into Sakura. Without knowing it, their arms were wrapped possessively around her waits, daring anyone to take her away from them. Kakashi threw a blanket over them, questioning the position they were in.
 
“Hmm, could it be? No, they're too young for that…but still, there's their behavior around other boys…”
 
 
A/N: My baaaaaaaaack………..paaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiin……… ;…..ooooooooooooowwwwwwwww……….