Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kaka/Saku Drabbles ❯ Fine ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: For the hundredth time, I do not own Naruto. XD
Fine
Short pink hair and large sea-foam eyes gaze at him from behind his closed eyelids. Her smile is bright and full of youth. Her cheeks are rosy and smooth, as her lips are full and soft. A headband is tied around her head, holding her bangs from getting into her eyes. Her forehead is slightly prominent, but it brings out a unique definition in her features. He opens his eyes and the picture vanishes, carried away on the wind until another time.
 
The cell is dark and dank with a rotten smell in the air. He breathes through his nose and out the thin material of his mask. Numerous cuts and bruises riddle his skin, dried blood coating his clothes. He had been captured by Oto-nin. He was in Orochimaru's stronghold after being tortured for hours. When the pain is too much he conjures her picture in his mind, the one that he keeps in his soul at all times. The one that can keep him living. The one that will keep him fighting. If she was with him at this moment then she would ask him if he were all right. He would respond with a 'fine,' but if she looked close enough then she could read his mind.
***
Every single day her name is always on his tongue, her image always in his mind. Even after a long and painful year in captivity she still remains inside his soul. The feel of her lips and the taste of her skin leave bittersweet memories of what he is missing. But he holds on strong, surviving even when reason says that he should be long dead.
He knows she is on her way to find him, he can feel her coming closer by night. Her love is so deep for him that she knows he is not dead. She knows that he is waiting for her to rescue him. Her dreams have been a premonition of what is to come, or so she is led to believe. She knows that she doesn't have much time left before he is gone from her forever.
 
He is still amazed that after all he has been through that he still wishes he could be with her. Even after he has been violated and tortured in the worst possible ways imaginable. If she happened to make it underground through the many enemy nin then she would ask if he was all right. And he would reply that he is fine even though he is on the brink of death.
***
When his hope turns from minutes to hours, from hours to days, it seems like forever when she does come. She breaks the iron door from its hinges with her chakra-empowered fist. Her first sight is of Kakashi, as he lays naked and strapped down upon a raised dais. She rushes to him, unmindful of what is in her way.
 
“Are you okay?” a sweet voice asks soothingly as she brushes his silver hair from his mismatched eyes.
 
“Fine...Sakura.”