Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Konoha Clinic Confidential ❯ Welcome to the Club ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Konoha Clinic Confidential
Prologue: Welcome to the Club
3 years of med school have gone by and graduation happened yesterday, so exciting. Luckily around my midterm for med school I actually had a job ready, with benefits, at Konoha Clinic 4. Like most people in the village, I had no clue actual clinics existed, but then again only medical students, medical nins, and people with extremely serious problems know about it. It makes you wonder what happens behind the front doors. Even though work is pretty easy to find for most med nins, there are really only two choices: go out into a squad and missions or it's working in the village. And me, I just don't want to die yet, so no prizes for what I chose.
As I'm lost in my thoughts, I almost miss the building. I take a quick glance around the front part of the building. Obviously there's a "CLOSED" sign, which means, probaly due to school habits, I came here way too early. For the time being I just sit on the window ledge and listen to the serene, if not creepy, stillness of the village in early morning. After what seems to be hours of crushing boredom, my head feels like it's getting heavier and heavier until a loud voice pervades the air.
"NARUTO, YOU IDIOT! WAKE UP YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT!" an unknown person yells out from the top of an adjacent building.
I strain my eyes to see a pink haired girl on the balcony of the building with a dark haired kid with her.The sound of a door being kicked open followed by loud punching noises and more yells from that pink haired girl. Probaly the poor person's house that's being ransacked is this "Naruto" person. An innocent passerby, a random pigeon, was flying by, knocked down by an empty instant ramen cup, and is now wandering around me lost with an upside down cup covering its head. This lifeless neighborhood, must be more interesting later during the day because following the ransack, there's pretty much a whole riot in that building. Once again losing myself in my thoughts, a hand touches my shoulder, I shudder and turn around. To my surprise, it's a guy mid-twenties, dressed in what appears to be a doctor's uniform.
"Aaah, you must be new to the area. Have you just moved to this area because you look more lost than that pigeon with an old ramen cup on its head," he says in a somewhat polite voice, yet in a sarcastic manner. "By the way, my name is Doctor Shiro and I'm the head doctor in the clinic."
Since it seems I've just met my employer, I replied, "Well nice to meet you, yes I'm new to the area because I am supposed to have a job here. This seems to be a lot more secluded than most neighborhoods that I've been to. Oh yeah, I also recently graduated from Med School, so uh, this is my first actual medical job."
My embarassment must be showing as much as my confusion to why he's talking him. Before he I can tell him about why I'm here, he interrrupts the awkward silence with a strange remark, "So you're new, pretty much the other doctors oversleep since the job can get stressful, my suggestion is to take it easy while you're still getting used to the medical world. Since you're here early I might as well tell you that I've already assigned you to work on several genin. If you need help anytime, just ask me or one of the senior doctors. Finally welcome to the club."