Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kotetsu and Izumo: 30 Kisses ❯ Sentimentalist ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Sentimentalist
Author: Kameko-chan
Pairings: Kotetsu/Izumo
Notes: Theme #2, 'News; Letter'
 
-----------------------------
 
Whenever Izumo goes on a mission, he writes a note to Kotetsu that the other ninja never sees.
 
He's not sure why he writes a new note when they are all pretty much the same. He figures he must be a sentimentalist. Keeping an old note feels like cheating, feels as though the emotions themselves aren't any more dimensional than the words on the paper. Maybe that's silly of him—his feelings for Kotetsu haven't changed since they day they met. It would make sense to keep the same note on his person through every mission he goes on.
 
Izumo has found that sense and love rarely walk hand in hand.
 
He writes his newest note from a cramped hotel room in a country very unlike his own. He has hours to kill before nightfall, and he might as well complete this ritual now to calm his nerves. He's still not used to away missions.
 
He taps his pen on the desk for a moment, and then writes the heartfelt message he has written out a hundred times before.
 
Kotetsu
 
If I don't make it back, remember I love you.
 
Izumo
 
He kisses the space where he wrote his lover's name. It's almost like kissing him.
 
He never said he was a man of many words, he said he was a sentimentalist.
 
END