Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lee's Smile ❯ Lee's Smile ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"His surgery went well?"
"Yes. he is on his way to recovery."
"That's wonderful. where is he now?"
"He left on a mission quite a while ago."
"Oh. okay. can you tell him Neji sent Hinata to check on him?" Hinata Hyuuga bowed to the Doctor she was speaking to and turned away. Neji, her older cousin, had sent her to check on his Ex-teammate, Rock Lee. Apparently, Hinata had guessed, he didn't check on Lee after his surgery and was wondering whether or not he was alive. Hinata was used to being ordered around by Neji. she would always work under him, and her father didn't seem to care less.
Hinata looked back at the female nurse and smiled for a split second before turning back towards the door. She bet that when she got home Neji would yell at her to look for Lee. "Why does he care about Lee-san all of a sudden?" Hinata asked herself quietly folding her hands together in front of her and starting towards the door. She was extremely saddened. Why did he care more deeply for Lee-san than her? they must be best friends.
"I do not need to see a doctor Gai-sensei! I am perfectly fine!"
Hinata's blank gaze turned from the floor to the door in front of her. She saw Rock Lee being dragged into the clinic by The Teacher Jonin, Might Gai.
"Konichiwa, Gai-sensei!" Hinata gasped immediately, bowing until her head past her hips. She was nervous because she hadn't seen anyone in a while, especially a sensei. She was busy learning new techniques in the forest of death lately. but, Hinata stood upward just to see Gai smiling broadly. "Oh! L-Lee-San? Neji asked me to check up on you! how was your surgery?" Hinata didn't exactly talk to Lee right. she didn't exactly talk to ANYONE right. especially Neji himself. Maybe, She thought, her subconscious figured since lee was one of Neji's most trusted friends, she didn't deserve the right to speak to him.
Gai set Lee down on the ground and Lee started grinning as wide as Gai was. "it went perfectly! did he expect this Jonin to quit? No way! No how!" Lee had his thumbs up and his teeth glittered as they always did. Hinata let out a small giggle.
Hinata calmed down and tilted her head in curiosity. "Lee-san? What was your surgery for this time? I mean, I know about last time and about how Gaa-"
Lee cut her off. "My surgery was more simple this time. It had nothing to do with Gaara-sama. It was my Appendix." Lee took a normal standing stance and looked up at Gai. "I got SLIGHTLY wounded on our mission to the Hidden Mist Village and Gai-sensei wants my doctors to check it out, because I was just released yesterday." Gai Looked down at Lee smugly.
"Hinata, do you think he's in good condition?" Gai asked her, surprising her in every single way. she didn't expect him to know her name. "You're Neji's cousin. correct? can you take a look for me?"
That's it. Hinata was just Neji's cousin to him. She was always referred to as something or someone of Neji's. now she was expected to own The Byakugon, Which she did happen to have.
"I guess I could...." Hinata took a deep breath and blew into her hands. the Clinic door had opened again for a nurse and it was snowing outside. but, Hinata raised her hands in front of her face. "Byakugon!" She said harshly to herself. She inspected Lee's body thoroughly, even though Lee franticly kept waving his hands in front of his pelvis area. She saw there was no internal injuries. the worst he had was a bruise on his right arm and leg.
"There is nothing wrong with Lee-san, Gai-sensei. all he has is two bruises." Hinata felt the veins on the side of her face pop back into place and she could see normal once again.
"You're off the hook this time, Lee." Gai said putting his right thumb up. "You should go see Neji sometime. He sounds worried." And with that and a wink to Hinata, Gai left the Clinic.
Lee turned toward Hinata and closed his eyes, apparently thinking something through. "Yes. Neji. I should go see him." Lee lowered the finger on his cheek and clenched his hands into a fist. "Hinata Hyuuga, Can you please direct me to your Older cousin, Neji Hyuuga?" Lee's eyes shot open with flames, and passion.
"I suppose......" Hinata said quietly. She zipped up her Jacket and had Lee follow her outside into the Snow. "You want me to show you to my house? I mean, Neji's and mine?" Hinata Walked out of the clinic's courtyard and started off toward the Hyuuga’s main branch home.
"Yes please."
it was silent for a moment.
"please do not think I am just using you to see Neji. It is very pleasant having you around, Hinata-Chan." Lee walked up beside Hinata and smiled at her.
"I've barely talked to you before today, Lee-san." Hinata whispered looking at the snow covered ground and blushing. She looked up with a small smile. "But, Thank you, Lee-san. that makes me feel better."
Lee started Humming on the way to the Hyuuga household. Hinata found it refreshing to the snow. it was a warm melody that made Hinata feel comfortable in the cold.
Half way to the Hyuuga household they past the Ramen shop and the small battle ring that was set up in front of it. The battle ring was put there so that the Hokage, Naruto, could spar there with other Jonin in the village or so he could spar with other coming Kages'. Hinata usually watched these battles and saw how they all ended. Both opponents will be nearly out of breath, then Naruto would harness his Reserved Kyuubi charka and use his 'Harem Jutsu', his opponent will be distracted and Naruto would get him in the back with The 'One Thousand Years Of Death' Jutsu. Naruto beat ALL the Kage's with those move combinations, except the Kazekage, Gaara.
Gaara made a vow to Naruto to never fall for his 'Sexy Jutsu', and to never let Naruto near his rear area ever again, after their fight around ten years ago. Hinata usually smiled or giggled softly when she remembered Gaara's small speech about it after Naruto tried to use that on him.
Another use for the Battle rings location, Naruto had once said, is that Sparring Shinobi would be able to eat after they were done Fighting.
"Hinata-Chan!" Lee shouted. apparently he had been calling her for a little while. She had taken out a book to read on the way there, for she had memorized her path home. She used self-disciplines on herself when she was younger. she'd cover her eyes with a bandana and find her way to certain places using only her other four senses, even though she could've easily seen straight through the bandana.
But, Hinata finally heard Lee. "I-I'm S-sorry, L......Lee-san..." Hinata looked up at him with soft eyes. she was reading 'Memoirs of a Geisha'. This story always made Hinata cry no matter how many times she had read it. She really admired Sai-Yuri's Love for the Char man, no matter how many times it was challenged Sai-Yuri got exactly what she wanted. She always wished that would be her relationship with Naruto.
Naruto, the one person that gave her hope while growing up in the world. he earned himself, while Hinata stayed low and was always pushed to do things right. so maybe if she was pushed into the lime light Naruto would..... She always wished Naruto would come up to her and ask for her hand in M-
"I'm sorry to ask you this, Hinata-Chan, but, can you battle with me?" Lee looked up with nervously serious eyes. he was entirely true to his Nindo, as Hinata could see.
Hinata wondered when this day would come. she had a feeling it would. Lee probably wanted to test his strengths against another Hyuuga born Child. then maybe, if he beat little Hinata, he would have a better chance defeating Neji.
Hinata stopped dead in her tracks.
Is that all she was ever going to be in this world? an underling to the great genius Neji Hyuuga? at that very same moment, Hinata's heart Hardened over with ice cold karma. she was tired of being spat at because she happened to be below Neji. Who cares? Neji's older! of course he's going to be better with more experience!
Hinata Looked Lee dead in the eyes. "I accept your challenge." She turned her body full face towards Lee and stuffed her book back into her Jacket front pocket. She readied her Hyuuga stance.....
"Just a moment..." Hinata whispered, unzipping her Jacket. she let it slide off her slim arms and she tossed it onto the rim of the Battle ring. "All right! Let's spar!" Hinata jumped into the middle of the ring with a high leap and landed straight on her feet. "Byakugon!" She whispered into her hands as she felt her veins pop under her skin.
Lee started the Battle countdown from 10. Even Lee needed his time to "Chi up" his Ninjutsu-less body. Hinata used this time to focus that very same 'Chi' or Chakra over her vital organs. she knew she probably didn't need it in this battle, but, if lee was going to open any gates she would probably need the saved up Chakra supply later. she took special care to cover her heart and lungs and started to glaze her hands over with Chakra.
"-Two....One!" Lee came toward Hinata with speed. she knew he could go faster and that he'd probably upper kick her when he arrived at his destination. Lee closed in and sure enough he began to raise his left leg....
Hinata grabbed his leg mid-air and started burning it with the Chakra flowing through her hands. she slammed his body onto the ground roughly, but lee snapped back up. He came in for a Punch....
Hinata grabbed his wrist and burned it with Chakra as well, but this time she twisted him backward and hit him in two vital chi points in his back area. Lee fell to the ground for a second or two, but that was enough for Hinata to channel the Chakra to her feet and kick him up into the air.
Hinata readied every single limb for his coming back down. he wasn't moving to any particular position so Hinata focused the Chakra into her right and thrust it into his heart head on while he fell to the ground.
Hinata felt like she was playing dirty. that could kill an unready Jonin from and direction. She felt that Neji wouldn't even play that sickly.
Lee hit the floor with a loud thud. he wasn't moving.
Hinata stood there. unknowing. unseeing with her Byakugoned eyes. she saw a body that's Chi was blocked off in three of it's most vital areas. The Chi was blocking up the body's veins and clogging the blood. after a moment of pure shock Hinata realized.
"LEE-SAN!! LEE-SAN!! WAKE UP, LEE-SAN!!" Hinata screamed in the middle of the ramen shop square.
Hinata's eyes were pouring with tears as she unsummoned her Bloodline trait. Hinata rubbed her hands together, supplying them with tons of Chakra. "Lee-san!" She shouted as she hit the body with the full shock.
She put her hand over his heart.
It was beating again.

"Why did you fight Lee?!"
A harsh voice woke Rock Lee from his painful sleep. it was familiar in a certain way...
"I'm so sorry, Neji-Senpai! please, forgive me!"
"You are such a disgrace! A Loser! you will always be that way!"
Lee sat up from the bed he was laying in and heard a female shriek from the room outside the one he was in. he saw 2 silhouettes and one was bending over.
"How could you use such a deadly Taijutsu on Lee? you idiot!"
Lee jumped out of the bed and slid open the door to see Neji's hand raised above Hinata, and his hand was glowing profusely with Chakra and Hinata's face was beaten and she had a bloody lip. Neji didn't see lee at first, so, as he shot down his hand Lee jumped in the way of Hinata.
"Neji! do not hurt her, please!"
Neji's eyes widened in this surprise block. the Chakra glow died down. His wrist was wrapped with Lee's hand.
"I challenged her to the Match! I wanted her to use all of her force!" Lee shouted.
Hinata tasted the metallic blood overflowing in her mouth. it was getting hard to breath, Why did Neji strike her again? he must've been trying to show her that this way was wrong. she was like a puppy to Neji, she needed to be taught right from wrong.
Neji was right, she was not. she was the underling. She had to learn.
Who was this? the one who interjected himself between their Master and Animal practices? She could not make him out... was it Lee? the one who got her into this mess to begin with?
how could he understand? he could never.
But, yet. he saved Hinata from a possibly deadly blow, he could've died in the process of stopping Neji's precise hand.
This was different. She couldn't understand this course of action.
"This is her fault, Lee! you need to stay out of family business!" Neji shouted at Lee, whose grasp was tightening around Neji's Wrist.
Lee's expression was intense. "This is not right, Neji! you will kill her at this rate!"
Neji was taken Aback. "She nearly killed you! this will teach her!"
"Beatings never taught anyone!" Lee Shouted, releasing Neji's arm. "I challenged her to see if I could beat you yet! if anyone needs a beating, it's me!" Lee now took a step back from Neji and stood straight up, directly in front of Hinata. "For not learning my place behind the Hyuuga clan..."
Hinata now looked straight up at Lee, her Eyes now seeing. This was caring.
She never noticed until now. well, how could she? growing up in an abusive and perfectionistic household... how would anyone know? Other than Neji, of course.
Neji's eyes Narrowed into dangerous slits. His anger was beginning to boil over.
Neji pulled back his hand slowly, hardened his fingers together and made Chakra pulse madly through his palm. His hand started coming down. it would hit Lee hard, he would probably get a concussion, he could be in a coma.
Lee could Die.
Hinata's Heart burst into action. It was either adrenalin or the spur of the moment but... it felt great. Her body's full source of Chakra flooded into her arm, the rest of her body went slightly limp. She pushed, lee out of her way with her left hand and on the impact of Neji's Smack, Hinata thrust her life's Chakra into his heart.
Neji's eyes contained Surprise and stagnated confusion. His face went pale and he began spitting up blood. Heavy blood. Lee's knees dropped him to the floor.
He probably thought it was all over as well.
Hinata's body began to tremble as she stood upright, above Neji's body. She could keep beating him, like he did to her. but, Hinata Knew better. Hinata learned.
She Lifted Lee to his feet and leaned on him for a moment.
"Can you help me carry him to the hospital, Lee-san?" She asked Kindly.
Lee said nothing and grabbed Neji by the arms, Hinata grabbed him by the feet and they began to carry him the Shinobi hospital.
Hinata felt great. better than she had in years. Neji had always been her superior, until today.
her training helped her defeat Neji, but, like last time, someone had inspired her to stand up to Neji.
Last time it was Naruto Uzumaki, the awkwardly proud failure. this time it was Rock Lee. The Hard working genius. the nice guy. the one that noticed her first.
Hinata smiled at Lee. Lee smiled back not knowing why he had smiled in the first place.
Lee began to hum the same tune as before. Hinata was uplifted to the same warm place.
Lee's smile.