Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lessons in Shinobi Love ❯ Lesson 1: To Analyze ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Whoo hoo! First multi-chapter Naruto fanfic. Here's basic information.
 
Title: Lessons in Shinobi Love
 
Author: Melissa Norvell
 
Rating: PG-13
 
Pairing: KakashiXSakura
 
Warning: Sexual innuendos. Things may get worse, but I don't plan on putting anything hentai into this at all.
 
Summary: CHAPTER 1 POSTED. KakashiXSakura. Kakashi notices Sakura's naieve love for Sasuke, and while in survival training decides to take affirmative action. Can he show Sakura the value of a more mature type of love?
 
 
 
 
 
___
 
 
Lessons In Shinobi Love
 
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
Lesson 1: To Analyze
 
___
 
 
 
 
 
“My name is Haruno Sakura.”
 
Haruno Sakura, student of three on the ninja squad 7 lead by elite Shinobi Hatake Kakashi.
 
“My favorite thing is…Well, it's not a thing. It's a person. A boy…”
 
Ever since they had been put through the harsh and somewhat strange survival training of their sensei, Sakura had always felt that way about that certain boy…
 
“And that boy is. Uh…Let's move on to my dream. My hobbies are…”
 
That certain boy being one Uchiha Sasuke, the class heart throb. Upon hearing Sakura's introduction, the silver haired sensei sighed to himself. `Young girls are more concerned about love then being a Shinobi.' He thought to himself with slight irritation.
 
But Kakashi didn't expect any more from this squad as he did from the squads he had failed in the past. To him, they were nothing but a bunch of kids who weren't mature enough to handle things and didn't know what being a ninja truly was. They probably thought this was all a game, or that they could all become a jounin like it was a breeze.
 
He could already tell that they were going to fail by the pink haired girl's reply of. “Things I hate…Naruto.” They didn't know the value of friendship or teamwork. Since they were going to fail, the jounin thought he should at least have fun with them for a while.
 
The silver haired ninja remembered that training session well.
 
“ Are you trying to make fun of the shinobi with your behavior? Well, are you?”
 
“You Sakura ignored Naruto who was right in front of you. While you paid attention to Sasuke though you didn't know where he was.”
 
Sasuke. What was so important about him? Kakashi could see the error of his ways by his distant actions toward both Sakura and Naruto. Yet he knew so much more lay beneath the surface. He couldn't help but feel something foreign stirring deep within him.
 
They were feelings that he couldn't place. Something stirring and unnerving. Kakashi wasn't used to these strange feelings within the pit of his gut. They are feelings that the jounin wouldn't forget, but at the moment, decided to disregard.
 
Throughout that survival training, upon noticing the way that the pink haired ninja in training reacted to Sasuke, the feeling seemed to grow and rise within him, seeming to swirl around like a toxic mixture within him. He tried to analyze these growing feelings while he toyed with Sakura's feelings for the stoic ninja.
 
At first this seemed like a game to Kakashi, as one of his favorite past times seemed to be picking at and playing with his student's mentality.
 
But why did he feel so strange about this girl and her naieve love for Sasuke?
 
As she was doing as he had instructed, hiding amongst the greenery of the bush she had concealed herself in he watched her, like a hawk intently watching prey. Watching and waiting to take it as its own.
 
“Hmm…” He out a hand under his chin to study the pink haired girl from high above in the tree branches.
 
The jounin stay motionless in the tree and had almost forgotten to breathe upon noticing her piercing green eyes, concentrating on whatever might come out of the clear blue to attack her. There was a certain way that intrigued Kakashi about the way the shadows and highlights played upon her facial features. The way her pink hair framed her face in such a way to provoke a certain charm. The way her eyes shown through those shadows and light play, and how the shades and hues dances around within their depths. The way her soft lips curved, and the way her pink cascades fell over her shoulders so. He could hear her supple breathing. Her soft, small hands were splayed out over the grass, twitching with anticipation.
 
He would get her alone. Kakashi had to lead her away from the others.
 
That would be no problem for him, jumping down from the tree, he decided to lead her astray with the wounded Sasuke gag, leaving her in the middle of a field and disappearing. Sakura was looking around in bewilderment.
 
Kakashi was beginning to analyze the cryptic feelings that had been stirring inside him. Dare he admit that he may be jealous of those such as Sasuke? As far as Kakashi was concerned, they all had it easier then he did. Now, the silver haired ninja's only comfort was `Icha Icha Paradise' . He had to admit that the book was his only outlet of his lonely feelings.
 
This confused the sensei. There seemed to be something forbidden about what Kakashi was beginning to find out. It seemed wrong, and despite it all he didn't seem to care. In this growing thought love clashed with morals and he found himself with a mental image of those hands, comforting him on the nights that he felt overwhelmed by the world. Those eyes, shining in haunting and twisted brilliance upon him. The reassuring words, echoing through his ears in a blissful whisper, relieving him of his hellish guilt. He wanted to do the same to her…
 
He came to a few realizations upon those thoughts.
 
He needed love and it didn't matter who it was from.
 
He was lonely.
 
But he felt oddly inspired to give himself another chance.
 
He blinked, noticing that he had not been focused on the task at hand. Naruto or Sasuke could have easily gotten him like that. He exhaled the breath that he didn't know he had deprived himself of. Kakashi had long wanted to seek compassion and love within another person, even if she appeared to be a romantic fool of a drama queen. The jounin would be the first to make the move, to teach her to grow up, in more ways then one. To show her the advantages of mature love.
 
The silver haired man had seen that she held something deep for Sasuke, and knew just how to bring that about in a way satisfying to himself.
 
He smiled at Sakura, for more reasons then the fact that she was being a drama queen. The jounin found her escapades quite humorous and even cute and charming.
 
Kakashi stood for a few moments, pondering to himself.
 
He had to make the precise moves. Any cause for error would result in the destruction of fragile innocence. That was something that had to be handled with great finesse. It would call for some walking on egg shells.
 
But Kakashi was careful.
 
He decided to make his move by randomly appearing, as he always had done in the past, directly in front of Sakura, startling her. The pink haired ninja in training did not scream, she simply gasped, but seemed to calm as she noticed the intense stare of her sensei's eye which was visible. His cryptic gaze was hard for the pink haired girl to solve. It wasn't anger or being displeased with Squad 7's efforts. It was the type of gaze that that brought shivers up her spine and inevitably caused blush to surface to her cheeks. She was left powerless by his gaze. Kakashi seemed to take her words out of her mouth and disperse them to the wind, never to be found again.
 
How could that stare say so much, yet so little?
 
`Kakashi-sensei…' Was the only thought that ran through her head.
 
Sakura was a bit confused. The look that was only described as adoration to the pink haired girl confused her. Why would Copy Ninja Kakashi have any adoration towards her?
 
The Copy Ninja was amused and entranced by this. He liked the way the sun played with the shine on her hair and the sparkle in her eyes. Kakashi liked the way the wind danced in her hair and played with the ties of her headband. Most of all, he liked the fact of that he could stir an eminent blush and she didn't run from him, as she would normally.
 
She had inadvertently learned not to act as a mindless drone and listen to everything he said during the exercise.
 
He would stop her childish crushes…
 
And replace them with a more mature kind of love.
 
Now, it was more of a vow that the Copy Ninja had made to himself. He knew he could teach her to love by his definition and she could teach him to live again. To feel.
 
She blanked out for a moment, but once she came into realization, he was gone. Sakura seemed to snap out of her haze, the only image of Kakashi was the one presented as a mental image. The girl looked about her to see if there was any sign of her sensei. There was none.
 
Sakura moved gracefully around, trying to find her sensei or a sign of anyone else that might be nearby, preferably Sasuke. The white haired sensei knew that person was going through her mind by that look of ecstasy written on her face. He narrowed his eyes.
 
Sakura was different then his other two students, she for once made him feel a way that seemed to awaken some deeply harbored feelings within him that he had always thought to be dormant.
 
He had to ponder of the situation from his hiding place. He didn't want to be too forward about it, seeing as the pink haired ninja barely knew him and vice versa. He'd come off as more of a pervert to her if he just walked up and said something along the lines of `I want to sleep with you' to her. Truth be told that didn't seem to matter to him as much as finding someone who was capable of love and compassion. Now, he just wanted someone to quell the lingering feeling of loneliness kept captive, deep within his icy heart, frozen over the years with layers of death and destruction clinging tightly.
 
He couldn't tell the young ninja the feelings that she aroused in him. There were no words to describe those types of feelings.
 
As stupid and insecure as it sounded, he wanted to be considered special.
 
“Kakashi-sensei?” His sharp ears could detect her say his name in a shaken and unsure voice.
 
Unbeknownst to Sakura, the silver haired jounin was right behind her.
 
“Don't turn around.” He instructed from behind her.
 
Despite the pink haired ninja's curiosity to do otherwise, she did as she was instructed.
 
“Now, close your eyes.”
 
“What?” she questioned timidly.
 
Kakashi sighed. After a pause, Sakura closed her eyes, thinking that failure was eminent if she didn't. After a moment of biting at her lower lip, she finally replied. “Ok.”
 
“Don't open them, no matter what. Things are not as they seem.” The silver haired jounin said as he gently removed her regulation headband from her head. She flinched at the sudden touch.
 
“Remain focused, remain still, and don't do anything out of line.” He said with a provocative edge to his voice. He watched the way the pink strands replaced themselves from having the headband removed. In a beautiful disarray. He wondered if those strands were as silky as they looked, shimmering in the sunlight. He wanted to touch them to find out.
 
“To touch it…” Kakashi seemed to finish a sentence which started deep within the confines of his mind.
 
The pink haired girl wondered to herself what the heck he was talking about, but her eyes remained closed. She had a feeling that Kakashi wasn't like other guys. Though he read his infamous `Icha Icha Paradise' book, that he was a respectful jounin and wouldn't do anything that was out of line. From their survival training thus far, she was able to piece together that Kakashi was respectful even if his morals were a bit shabby.
 
His voice sounded so soft, kind and dare she think it? Sexy? Was she being hit on by her teacher? The very thought sent blush arising to her cheeks and Sasuke wasn't even a whim on her mind at the moment.
 
Kakashi wanted to forget about the past, and the memorial, which lay on their training grounds. He gently took some Sakura's hair in his hand, feeling the pliable, slick and smooth surface of her hair as it slipped through his fingers and smelled of a hint of strawberry shampoo. The scent seemed intoxicating enough for Kakashi. Something stirred within the Copy Ninja and he shifted uncomfortably.
 
The girl gulped in uncertainty as Kakashi allowed a smile from within the confines of its masking. `So trusting…'
 
He could sense the feelings grow within the pit of his stomach as he put a hand on her smooth shoulder. “Just relax and learn to feel…”
 
Sakura was dying to open her eyes. This was Kakashi; the most perverted, insufferable shinobi that Konoha had ever produced. She wanted to slap his hand away and yell at him for being a pervert. Who knew what he was going to do? And Naruto and Sasuke were no where to be seen.
 
She was all alone with him.
 
The pink haired girl was starting to feel things of her own. A calm sensation ran over her body just from his touch of her hair and shoulder. It made her feel a sense of protection. His piercing eye went through Sakura's head at the moment. So many unexplained feelings coursed through her as a result of that. She hardly knew what to think. As the jounin played with her hair, she pondered to herself.
 
As she pondered on his eye, she could think of how captivating it was. It was piercing and seemed to see right through you, as if it could hold your soul in freeze frame over time, but it had many other emotions now and Sakura had to wonder what those emotions were.
 
Sakura didn't open her eyes, for reasons that she had been keeping to herself. She was feeling apprehensive; and seemed to be waiting for something that she knew that would happen. She wanted that something to happen.
 
She was more desperate then she let anyone know.
 
Even Sasuke…
 
The jounin was in front of her with effortless movement. Gazing into her now open eyes, the pools of eminent confusion and radiant beauty all the same. A sensation pulled at him to lower his head and kiss her. To capture her as his own.
 
The pink haired ninja just stared back.
 
No one moved. No one wanted to either.
 
Sakura was beginning to notice things. Kakashi wasn't going to be perverted, and she also had a growing feeling that this wasn't part of the training exercise. She felt a rush of warm emotion flowing to her heart and spoke one word.
 
“You…”
 
“I can't be easy on you, but I can show you that there is more to life then Sasuke.”
 
Kakashi was so…Overwhelming.
 
“What?” She questioned numbly.
 
The Copy Ninja leaned in and kissed Sakura on the lips though the mask. It was a long, lingering yet sweet and reassuring kiss. “Some things, Sakura, were never meant to be.”
 
“Huh?”
 
But Kakashi had already Replacement jutsu-ed his way out, leaving Sakura to ponder on things. Did she really love Sasuke? If she did, she now questioned it being just a crush.
 
She knew her sensei had some sort of intention behind it, but how deep did they run? She touched her lips lightly with her fingers, feeling the strange sensation that he had left upon them and the tingling that he left in her heart.
 
Now, she wanted to know what Kakashi was hiding. What was the purpose of that? It clearly wasn't to see through deception, because those intentions were very pure of him. There were no hidden meanings, just complete honesty.
 
She made up her mind to find out what those intentions were.
 
No matter what.
 
Did he love her?
 
Because she certainly felt something about him.
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: Wow, that was long for me. This is un-beta read, so if there are mistakes, sorry. Please tell me what you think. I'll definitely continue it.