Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Cat ❯ Promise ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Naruto glanced down at the cat he'd been watching. He knew it was meant to be returned immediately, but he just couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor thing. The owner was a nutty old woman. A few more hours won't matter. The cat jumped playfully onto the bench, and slid off slightly. It clawed trying to get on. Naruto leaned against the back of the wooden bench, and stared up at the tall buildings around him. Suddenly a loud ruckus snapped his vision back to the ground. Naruto pulled his arms to his sides, and jumped to his feet. Noticing Sasuke racing towards him, he realized what the large dust cloud behind him must be. As Sasuke passed him, Naruto spun the boy through an open window, and quickly transformed into a perfect replica with Henge no Jutsu. Naruto saw the stampede of young vixens, and immediately understood why Sasuke was running so fast. Figuring his chance of escape was very slim, he ran down a dead-end alley, and stopped, his back against the wall. He smirked.

"Sorry girls, looks like you've lost him again!" The girls watched him skeptically, and he promptly dropped the illusion. Sakura's eyebrow twitched, and Ino cracked her knuckles.

---

Sasuke dropped down into the ditch and glanced around. He noticed Naruto, only by a small amount of blonde hair that shimmered through the blood. A groan reaffirmed Sasuke that he was still alive. A small dark grey cat jumped onto Naruto's back and hissed at Sasuke. Sasuke stepped back, not wanted to hurt the cat. He remembered it from the mission. They had once again searched for it, and found it for the Fire Country Lord's wife, Madam Shijimi. It had been in the same spot as the previous time when they caught it. When Kakashi tried to give it to Madam Shijimi, Naruto had refused and said he'd keep it. Apparently the cat had grown fond of the young Shinobi.

"Hey, Naruto, you awake?" Naruto coughed slightly and started to rise. His arms collapsed beneath him and he groaned.

"You owe me Sasuke. Those women…." Naruto pushed himself to his knees, and the cat jumped down. Sasuke nodded wearily.

"Anything Naruto, you don't know what those girls do to me! You saved me a lot of pain." A voice came from above.

"Sasuke-kun? Is that you?" It was Sakura. She dropped down. She landed at the edge of a drop off, slipped, and fell four feet into a deep puddle of water. She crawled back up, dripping with mud, and tried to smile cutely at Sasuke. Both boys shuddered, each for their own reasons. Sakura pretended not to notice Naruto. He sighed slighting, and looked back at Sasuke.

"You did said anything right Sasuke?" Sasuke audibly gulped. Naruto glanced at Sakura and smirked. Sakura took notice of him for the first time, and gave him a level glance, but returned quickly to staring at Sasuke. Naruto reached and slowly picked up the cat, and pulled of its ribbon. "Here, wear this. Tora-kun doesn't like it."

Sasuke looked at him and shrugged. He took the ribbon, and started to put it in his hair. Sakura glanced between the two, and started for Naruto.

"No Sasuke, first, you have to transform into Tora-kun." Sasuke gave Naruto a hard glare, and quickly shifted into an exact replica of Tora with Henge no Jutsu. Naruto smiled, and stroked the real Tora's head softly. "Good kitty. Now, I want to keep Tora for a while, so you have to be the Madam's cat for one month." Sakura glanced again between Sasuke's cat form and Naruto. The small grey cat seemed to be sobbing. Naruto reached down, and picked up the ribbon neatly. He swiftly tied it onto Sasuke. Sasuke hissed and tried to claw Naruto. Naruto slapped his nose. "Bad cat! No scratching!"

"Naruto, are you really going to give him to Madam Shijima? Why not just give him to me for a month?" Sakura smiled sweetly, and some mud dripped off her chin.

"Because I want to torture both of you, and besides, as a cat he wouldn't make a good lover." Naruto rolled his eyes, and grabbed Sasuke around the waist. Tora crawled up Naruto's back, and lied down on his head. "You'll get your Sasuke-kun back in one month." Naruto turned away and walked towards the Ninja Registration Office.

"Can't he just change back anytime he wants?" Sakura asked, looking at the fuming cat." Naruto glanced back and smirked.

"This ribbon will keep him in this form for exactly one month, and it cannot be taken off until that time. Not even Hokage himself could remove it."

---

God I love hating Sasuke! Well, this won't be a one shot, because I intend to have one or two more chapters.