Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Love Bug ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: Naruto isn't mine, as much as I'd like it to be…
 
 
Love Bug
 
Prologue
 
Jiraiya-sama, one of the legendary sannin, the great toad hermit and the self titled super pervert, was stupefied for the first time in his life. Never did it occur to him that there could be something that would surprise him. He was, after all the master of being unpredictable.
 
When he first heard about it, he thought it was just a rumor. I mean, who would believe that Icha Icha Paradise wasn't selling anymore?! That his pride and joy was out and down of the best seller's list?! It just couldn't be true.
 
So as to lay his uncertainty to rest, he went out to check the bookstore near Naruto's home. He had happily greeted the owner with his usual jaunty wave and careless smile. When the owner failed to give him his customary greeting - `Good sales as always' - he knew then that something was terribly wrong.
 
With great trepidation, he went to the adult's section as slowly as possible. When he was near enough, he closed his eyes and sent a brief prayer to the `great deity of perverts'. Jiraiya-sama took a deep breath before he opened his eyes, and when he found what he was looking for, promptly dropped down on his knees, with his jaws hanging wide open.
 
There on the shelf were numerous orange covered books, with the no-entry sign in the back… His books, his beloved novels, were still sitting on the shelves after 2 weeks of release. For the first time in forty odd years, Jiraiya-sama felt like crying. He could honestly say that this event rivaled the despair he felt when he first met Orochimaru. He must've look ultra pathetic because next thing he knew, the owner had his hand on his shoulder and was looking at him with sympathetic eyes.
 
“Two men bought your book at least.” He said in a soft, measuring voice. Instead of getting uplifted by this comment, Jiraiya-sama despaired more. He knew who those two were, and although he was happy that Kakashi and Ebisu were still loyal to him, he couldn't really view them as buyers. It's like family buying your book just to appease you or something. Jiraiya-sama shook his wild hair as he sighed. The owner still taking pity on the toad hermit ploughed on.
 
“Well, there are other bookstores in Konoha. Maybe your book is doing well on theirs?” The owner said in a slightly positive tone. The toad hermit regarded the owner for a moment before laughing his ass off.
 
“Of course!!! Why didn't I think of that?!” Jiraiya-sama asked himself as he gathered himself from the floor and stood up straight.
 
“My books are probably sold out elsewhere… It's just because your store is so lousy that the customers won't get in!!!” The super pervert said loudly while pumping his arms up. The store owner suddenly went purple in the face at the proclamation.
 
“Well, old man, I'll be going now!! Hahaha…!” As Jiraiya-sama's back went out of view, the store owner scowled and thought that being a good citizen isn't as lovely an image as its cut out to be.
 
An hour and twenty minutes later, found Jiraiya-sama at the top of the highest rooftop in Konoha looking ready to die. He had just swept each and every bookstore in Konoha, and found out that his book hadn't been sold even once in each of them. Suddenly, Jiraiya-sama found no meaning in his life. True, there was still peeping in the women's bath… But writing about what he saw and stretching it a bit further gives him the thrills that fighting cannot give.
 
Jiraiya-sama was deeply pondering about the pros and cons of him dying by falling off the roof when a happy and rowdy bunch of lads walked down the street. Curious, he glanced down and saw the next generation of strong Konoha Shinobi walk by. His eyes zeroed in on his current favorite student, Naruto.
 
He knew that the boy hasn't had the pleasure of reading his books. He was still young to get his hands on a copy. Jiraiya-sama despaired. It was his greatest dream to be able to share with his student, Naruto, the great joy of perversion. And a close second to that dream was that his student spread this great pleasure among his friends. From what was going around town now, it seems that it wouldn't happen in the future - because Icha Icha Paradise was at its end. He knew this because those super nerdy books about science and whatever was selling more than his books
 
He was getting downright depressed with it and the thought of no successors to his `Super Pervert' title wasn't helping any. As Jiraiya-sama looked at Naruto's happily smiling face while talking to that stoic Uchiha lad, he knew that the future of perversion was over.
 
Naruto was the very image of naivety and innocence. That lazy chuunin would be too lazy to even think about being a pervert. Gai's clone would be too gentlemanly to peep. The chubby lad would be too busy eating to spare some time. The Aburame kid couldn't care less about it. The Inuzuka kid might be a possibility, but no, I don't think so. And then there's the Uchiha and the Hyuuga brat. Need I say, stick up their asses?!!
 
So Jiraiya-sama knew that the future lies in his hands. He had to do something or a future of dullness will be at the horizon. Not to mention that he hadn't given up on writing the Icha Icha Paradise, he still had the hope that it would be popular once more. Gears started to work over time in Jiraiya-sama's brain.
 
He glanced down once again to the rowdy bunch, consisting of the rookie nine and Gai's team, and his resolve strengthened. He will save the future from boredom and dullness… And inadvertently resume writing Icha Icha Paradise too... With his iron will and uncanny sense of solving problems, he will do it. Jiraiya-sama stood up, dusted himself off and looked at the horizon.
 
“It's high time for the council to commence. The `other' legendary three will meet once again.” And with that, Jiraiya-sama set out to find his two comrades.
 
t.b.c
 
 
A/N: This is my first attempt at writing a Naruto fic so if I got something wrong, please be gentle with me…
Anyway, what do you think? Should I continue?