Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Meow Meow Mix! ❯ Chapter One: Pouring Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Meow Meow Mix!




Disclaimer: I Do Not Own Naruto!!

Chapter One: Pouring Rain

Hinata and Naruto

She stands out in the pouring rain.

Being under the rhythm of the driving rain was the same as being able to fly. She could escape, away from all her troubles, responsibilities… Everything.

She absolutely adored the rain maybe it was because she loved how her body becomes numb after sometime or maybe just the fact that no one was able to see her painful tears.

Her tears constantly fell like her beloved rain but every rainfall has to have an end, right? What brought the end for her was ‘him’. Whenever he was there, the rain dies, it no longer is dark but beautiful and bright and the rainbow dances over her heart.

It was always him that made her feel wonderful, he was always the only one who had this kind of affect on her.

Now the rain felt wonderful on her body, soaking through her clothes. Her hair soon heaved from the downpour. She inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of the rain.

She closed her eyes and tilted her head upwards, to where the drops were falling from.

Raindrops fell onto her smooth and pale skin. The cold splashes awakened her senses, making her feel more alive.

She had ran, deep into the woods where she was sure no one would be able to find her. When things got complicated, she would run away from them. Yes, that was a very coward thing for her to do but it was the only way she knew how; Running away.

She didn’t know what happened, she suddenly couldn’t feel the cold splashes, did the rain suddenly stop? No, not possible because she could still hear the roar of the heavy rain.

She turned to her right, there stood a boy who beamed at her with his usual smile. He held an umbrella over her head and one over himself. “What are you doing here?” She timidly asked, slowly taking the umbrella out of his hands.

“I should be asking you that! Why are YOU out here? It’s raining pretty heavily, if you just keep standing there like that you’ll catch a cold!” He said, playfully eyeing her through scrunched eyes.

She stared at him for a few moments before breaking away, pulling her shade from the rain out of the way and looked up.

He watched her, confused. Did she really want to catch a cold? He leaned his head forward slightly, just enough to look up at the sky, he was trying to figure out what she was looking at. He scrunched his eyebrows together when he didn’t see anything but dark clouds.

What was so interesting about dark clouds and rain?

“You’re really going to catch that cold if you just keep standing in the rain…” He finally broke the silence but she didn’t say anything but chuckled lightly. “What’s so funny?”

She shook her head. “Nothing at all.” She smiled and diverted her eyes onto the one beside her, who glanced back at her suspiciously.

She gave another giggle, he grinned. “You’re so cute when you laugh.” She blushed deep red, her face felt like it was on fire even though the rain had made her body feel numb.

He chuckled.

She avoided eye contact, feeling flattered and embarrassed at the same time. Her cheeks glowed charmingly red.

“I was on my way to meet a few people when I saw you running. You looked like you were running away from something.” He said, stepping closer to her, shielding her from the rain. “Are you alright? You’re not hurt, are you?” She blushed even deeper, if that was possible.

“No I’m alright.” She assured him, he sighed in relief.

Her body gave an unnecessary shiver. “Are you cold now?” He quickly asked, but didn’t wait for her to answer him. “Here you can wear my jacket.” Before she could refuse his offer, he had already taken his jacket off and slung it over her shoulders.

His jacket was warm and it smelt like him. She blushed even more. “B-but I’m going to get your jacket wet and aren’t you going to be cold too?” She asked him, he just beamed at her and shook his head.

“Nah, besides I’m going to become the next Hokage, a little rain isn’t going to kill me!” He reassured.

She gave a timid smile and pulled the jacket closer to her body. “Thank you, Naruto-kun.”

~*~*~*~

Hope you enjoyed this!