Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Freak Out Kakashi ❯ Jealousy and Deception ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry about the long wait. I got a job and I've been working a lot. But now that I've had some time to get adjusted, I'm back to updating weekly again. Chapters will also be longer and to let you all know, this fanfic will end in 27 chapters.
 
 
 
Mission: Freak Out Kakashi
 
Chapter 16: Jealousy and Deception
 
By: Melissa Norvell
 
 
>>
 
 
Sasuke flung his shurikens at a desired knothole on one of the nearby trees. Each sharp object hitting it with force, shredding the bark and making a thunking noise against the wood as it penetrated the hard surface. The Uchiha stood, brooding to himself as an onyx eyes lay fixated on their point.
 
He was disappointed, he was sure that Sakura wouldn't have missed the opportunity to go out with him, especially since she'd been crushing on him ever since their days at the Academy.
 
Something wasn't right.
 
Dark eyes narrowed, focused on the single knothole that he'd hit with several shuriken. Moments passed in silence, until the crunching of twigs and branches could be heard approaching. He glanced over his shoulder to see an orange-clad boy approaching with his hands behind his head.
 
He stopped upon seeing his opponent and both males stared each other down.
 
“What are you doing here, Sasuke?” Naruto asked, a deep-set frown plastered to his face.
 
“I'm training for the upcoming mission, what you should be doing instead of walking around doing nothing.” Sasuke retorted.
 
“I'm not doing nothing!” The blond argued. “I've been working hard, believe it!”
 
“I'll believe it when I see it, dobe.”
 
“Argh! You're SO annoying! What's your problem, anyway?”
 
“I don't have a problem.” Sasuke said stoically
 
“I think you're just jealous because Sakura turned you down for Kakashi-sensei.”
 
“Do you really think she stands a chance? H's just letting her down easily. He's a jounin and he's over 10 years her senior. He's hardly interested.”
 
“We'll just see about that!” Naruto preformed a kuji-in and transformed into Kakashi.
 
Sasuke, however, was unamused.
 
“You've already tried this, and failed. What makes you think it will work this time?” He asked.
 
“Well,” The faux Kakashi spoke. “I can gather information this way. If I talk to Sakura as Kakashi-sensei, then she'll tell me how she really feels, and if they did anything that one night.”
 
“Can't you just let it die?” The Uchiha asked, slight annoyance laced into his voice.
 
“I know they did something! I just know it!” The Kakashi clone wailed, flailing his arms.
 
“You're not very good at impersonating the person you're trying to clone.” The dark haired boy stated. “Our sensei wouldn't act childish and flail his arms around like that. With that type of mimicry Sakura will see right through you.”
 
The clone growled and held up a fist.
 
`Ugh…He's so annoying! I can't stand him! I'll show him my my real ninja skills! Sakura will be so impressed that she will think I'm the real Kakashi-sensei!'
 
“Well…” Sasuke looked at him.
 
“…” The faux sensei sweat dropped and walked off in search of a certain pink haired kunoichi.
 
 
 
x.I.x
 
 
Sakura concentrated, focusing her chakra. Green eyes pierced an imaginary focus point. She could feel the spiritual energy rising up within her being and pull through her body.
 
“Hm?” Sakura's concentration was broke as she looked behind her, to see what she thought was Kakashi, leaning against a near by tree trunk.
 
“Kakashi-sensei!” She yelled. “You broke my concentration!” The girls sighed and looked down. “Just when I thought I was doing a good job…”
 
“You're training is coming along very well, Sakura.” The jounin complimented.
 
“Oh.” Sakura blushed, “Thank you, Kakashi-sensei.”
 
`Huh?' Naruto thought. `She's blushing?'
 
“I'm glad that you think I'm improving.” She smiled.
 
“Oh yes. Maybe one day you'll catch up with Naruto and Sasuke.”
 
“You think so?” Her smiled widened, a new light of hope reaching into her deep viridian eyes shining with a new depth.
 
The clone nodded in agreement.
 
“Oh, Kakashi-sensei!” Sakura reached forward and wrapped her arms around his waist joyfully, hugging him snugly.
 
“Kakashi” paused for a few moments before shyly hugging her back..
 
`Sakura…' Naruto thought to himself, taking opportunity of the moment before his face turned into one of unamusement. `Finally she pays attention to me…But too bad she loves Kakashi-sensei…Ugh…What a drag…'
 
“Kakashi-sensei?”
 
“Hm…Oh, yes, Sakura?”
 
“Why are you being so nice to me today?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“It's just that…I know you've been thinking about what I said…” Sakura looked down. “I know it's wrong, but I really do love you. It's not just a joke anymore…After you took me out on the town that night, I saw the real you for the first time…”
 
`I KNEW IT.' Naruto thought to himself. `Now I'll know for sure what they did!'
 
“I know I've been over bearing and repetitive lately…But I'm afraid of losing you…I don't want you to reject me, so I'm trying to make this work…” She said, sincerity laced in her voice.
 
From a few feet away, a blue-clad figure rested on a tree branch, back to the main tree trunk, eyes seeing but looking away. An onyx eye narrowed upon hearing these words from Sakura's mouth. After all, he was of the Uchiha Clan, the prestige of Konohagakure. The true possessors of the Sharingan…Kakashi had only obtained it…He was not born with the Uchiha trait…Even if he mastered over 1000 jutsu with it.
 
How could Sakura pick him over the boy in which she crushed on from the beginning?
 
Then again…
 
If he had taken advantage of the situation earlier, she would have been his. If only he could have seen through his lust for power. But he was so blinded that not even the use of Sharingan could have seen through his clouded ways. But now…
 
Now he felt stupid, because he could see now how much she truly cared.
 
Now that it was too late…
 
He was fighting a battle that he had a small chance of winning. He had already been turned down…But he wanted to attempt to get her back. He figured that he owed her that much, at least.
 
“Oh,” The clone blinked. “About that night…”
 
“Hm?” Viridian eyes blinked in turn. “What about it?”
 
“..” A sense of panic ran through the clone's mind. `Oh crap! I don't know anything about that night! And now I'm supposed to be pretending to be Kakashi-sensei…What do I do!? If she finds out it's me, she'll kill me! Got to think! Got to think!'
 
“Your hair looked beautiful in the moonlight.” The clone remained calm, though Naruto's brain didn't. He scolded himself. `Lame! That's so lame! She's going to know it's me for sure now!'
 
Sakura was confused at the compliment. “Thanks, Kakashi-sensei. My, you're being friendly today…You usually don't act like this. Does that mean that you've thought about it?”
 
“About what?”
 
The pink haired kunoichi nearly anime fell. Then slumped down melodramatically. “Oh…”
 
`He wasn't even trying to think about it…What does every guy I like underestimate me?'
 
“Never mind.” She said in a defeated voice.
 
A hand was put on her shoulder, causing her head to jolt up. “Oh, you mean that. Of course I've thought about it.” The clone replied, not knowing what she was talking about, but playing off of it the best he could, hoping that Sakura would tell him what it was.
 
“Do you think you're getting closer to loving me?” Wide viridian orbs shone with a mixture of feelings.
 
He put a hand to his chin in a Kakashi-esque way. “Perhaps…”
 
The girl looked a little dejected before answering. “See…There you go again…giving me those answers…I just wanted to ask before I left tomorrow.”
 
`Leaving? Sakura's leaving? Why?' Naruto thought. “Leaving for what?” The faux Kakashi asked,
 
“I'm going to go on a few missions and train. When I come back, I'm going to prove to you that I can be just as good as Sasuke and Naruto.”
 
“Hm?” He questioned, arching a silver eyebrow and slightly cocking his head to the side. He paused a moment before casting her a kind gaze. “I'm sure you will.”
 
“well, I'm off to train.” She took a few steps away. Then stopped and looked over her shoulder. “Oh, and Kakashi-sensei?”
 
“Yes, Sakura.”
 
“I know I sound boring and repetitive, but…I love you.” She replied, and before the clone could get a word in edge-wise, she was gone.
 
As soon as she was out of ear shot, the clone's face twisted into one of anger.
 
`Damn it! I didn't find out anything!'
 
 
TBC
 
A/N: Well, that was the latest chapter. Another update will be soon! Sorry about the wait. Next weeks chapter will be better and probably longer. Please review and enjoy!