Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken for a Suitor ❯ Spicy Food ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I'm going to be taking a somewhat small break from fanfiction writing after this update. This will help me get better ideas for my stories (original and otherwise), and give me more of a chance to develop MoonLance a bit more. So, you won't be seeing any fanfiction from me for about a month or two until I get used to the tenth grade work and schedule. Thank you so much for your cooperation, encouragement, and patience with me!
-Yuugi-chan
 
Chapter 14: Spicy Food
 
After the couple had dried off, Sasuke looked out the window. The thunder and lightning had stopped, but it was still raining rather heavily. Sasuke, deciding that now would be a good time to go home without having the chance of being struck by lightning, opened the door and started to step outside. Once again, Sakura's mother stuck her hand out and grabbed the back of his shirt collar, preventing him from going any further.
“What did I tell you last time?” her mother asked him, now a bit irritated that her orders were being disobeyed.
“But,” he protested, “I don't want to intrude on your dinner or anything like that.”
“Nonsense,” she replied. “You're welcome to stay and have dinner with us.” This earned Sakura's mom a glare from her husband.
“But…” She cut him off short.
“Sakura's making it.”
“Oh, alright then.” Sakura shook her head. The Uchiha genius was so predictable when it came to these matters. He didn't just want a free meal; he wanted a free meal made by her.
“What do you want then?” Sakura asked him.
“Rice balls!” was the immediate reply. Sakura sweatdropped.
“Do you eat any other than that?”
“Tomatoes.”
“Is that all you live off of?”
“Pretty much, yeah.” She sweatdropped again.
“How about I make a western-style meal?” she suggested.
“And what's that going to be?” he asked, disappointed that he wasn't going to get his favorite food.
“I can make a Mexican rice dish.”
“What's in it?”
“Tomatoes…”
“OKAY!” he cut her off. Geez, I didn't even get to finish…
 
“Alright, you can come in now!” Sakura said as she finished up the last of her cooking. The three people came walking in. “Did you wash your hands?” she asked them. Her mother and father nodded, while Sasuke, on the other, dashed out of the room. Oops, I forgot! Sakura put a hand to her head. Sasuke was acting rather much like Naruto now. I think the kiss got to his brain. Sasuke walked back in acting like nothing had happened. Why that arrogant… She restrained herself from thinking the last word of the insult.
Once everyone had sat down, Sakura put the food out. Just when they were about to eat, Sakura spoke up.
“Sasuke, I warn you, that is really spicy,” she said. “You will burn your stomach out if you eat that too fast.” Sasuke scoffed at her and gave her a look that said he didn't really care.
“Who do you think I am,” he retorted, “Naruto?” Alright, let him find out the hard way… Sasuke, who was extremely hungry, dove into the food. About ten seconds later, Sakura found him turning red. She could almost see visible steam coming out of his ears. She wouldn't have been surprised if he opened his mouth and fire came out.
“I told you so…” she stated, handing him a piece of bread.
“Why are you giving me bread?!” he sputtered, his eyes watering from the spice.
“That dish has habanero peppers in it. The hottest pepper in the world. Water won't do you much good no matter how much your body may crave it. Trust me for once Sasuke! I can always give you nothing at all!” Sasuke muttered something under his breath as he grudgingly took the bread that was offered to him. He said nothing when the bread actually did calm his tastebuds down and didn't even offer so much as a sorry or a thank you.
 
After the table was cleared, the raven-haired ninja continued to stare blankly out the window at the pouring rain.
“Looks like you won't be going home today Sasuke-kun,” a voice behind him said. He slowly glanced at the pink-haired girl beside him before resuming his previous activity. Sakura was confused. She was used to Sasuke's usual cold demeanor, so that's not what bothered her. What did bother her was the sudden mood swing he had just had. One moment he was kissing her, the next moment he was acting like nothing had happened at all. And I highly doubt it's because he's worried about Otousan beating the crap out of him for it. She sighed and sat down in a chair behind him. She watched him staring out the window for awhile before his voice spoke up.
“What are you staring at Sakura?” he asked icily. Inwardly, she was appalled that he had spoken to her like that, but on the outside, she showed no hint of what she was thinking.
“What's it matter what I'm looking at?” she retorted back.
“Because there has to be a good reason as to why you are staring at me,” he shot back.
“What is with you?”
“Nothing Sakura. Absolutely nothing.”
“Don't pull that crap with me.”
“Look who's talking.”
“What?” At this point, Sakura's mother walked in and was all prepared to say “who wants tea and crumpets?” but she quickly thought better of it and turned around and walked back out the door she had come from. As soon as she closed the door a loud “thunk” was heard from the door. Sasuke, who was frustrated, had taken out a kunai and threw it at the door, trying to vent his anger. Ah, Sakura's mother thought. Their first lover's quarrel.