Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Out ❯ Gertrude ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kubashu is quite a small city with decent infrastructure. It was divided into three sections; Orshagil (the suburbs), Cukti (the industrial district), and Quindo (downtown). In the distance, you can see a Mount Piluywot; an average mountain with green vegetation around the base and ice caps at the top, no big deal. Mount Piluywot was rumored to be a hideout of an uprising gang a few years ago, although not enough evidence were gathered to prove this claim.

A very few of its citizens have been wondering where all the new neighbors came from. Seemed that all the new faces poured down to their city during nightfall; but the mayor didn’t mind, ‘more people more taxes’ is what he told his advisor when he was confronted with the issue.

Hyuga Residence; 5:00 am

Hinata was half asleep as she leaned on the dining table with her elbows.

“No training, no assignments; and still I’m awake. Who wakes up at 4:30 am anyways?” Hinata whispers to herself as her eyes keep falling to a close.

“I don’t think she heard you… Again.” Shino says.

“Hey, Hinata!” Neji shouts.

Since Neji was a jonin, he was assigned to be the head of the household. Making a cover story for him and Hinata was no problem, since they were already family. Shino’s cover was supposed to be Neji’s other cousin, but he declined and proposed that he just be a family friend; because of the mere fact that they look nothing like each other.

“Huh?” Hinata uttered in surprise.

“I’m going to ask you for the fourth ti-”

“Fifth.” Shino corrects Neji as he was drinking coffee from a mug, while reading the morning paper.

“Is it the fifth?” Neji peeks his head out from the kitchen.

“I’m pretty sure it’s the fifth.” Shino folds the paper and slices the omelet that was on his plate.

“How sure are you?” Neji questions while he goes back to the kitchen, looking around the refrigerator.

“I’m 65 percent sure.” Shino takes his time chewing his food.

“65?”

“Okay then, I can go up to 67.”

Neji pops his head out once again to show the expression of disgust on his face, “So when you said you were sure, you weren’t actua-”

“Fine, I can go as high as 70 percent, but not any higher. You should be happy; 70’s a passing mark in some countries.”

“Well, if it’s good enough for you then.” Neji goes back inside, “Hinata, for the fifth time, what would you like for breakfast? As a matter of fact, it should be you’re the one who should be preparing breakfast.”

“Why did you wake me this early, again?” Hinata complains as she rubs her eyes.

“You may or may not know, you should know because I already told you earlier, that the ‘summer vacation’ these people call will end in a week.” Neji explains.

“So today, we’re going to enroll into schools so our cover is not blown.” Shino continues.

“Now tell me what you want for breakfast before I lose temper.” Neji pleads.

Fukuda University; 9:00 am

“Gah! Where are the others?” Kiba asks his companions.

They were in line to enroll. A very slow line, they were on.

“Neji, Hinata, Shino and Lee enroll earlier.” Naruto drowsily responds.

“Awww. That just sucks.” Tenten whimpered.

At this point Sakura and Ino looked at each other, then looked at Tenten.

“Soooo…” Ino said in a sing-song voice while she crept beside Tenten, “What exactly is it that sucks?”

“Uhhhmm, nothing. Nothing at all.” She shrinks into her clothes. “Why’d you ask?”

“Don’t play that on us, we know something’s wrong.” Sakura then sneaked to the other side of Ten-ten.

“What? What could be wrong? Everything seems fine, nothing to worry about.” Tenten posed herself defensively.

“Here. Could you read this for me?” Ino handed a small tissue to Tenten.

“Okay… -” Ten-ten froze.

“Well?” Sakura looked at the tissue, “What does it say?”

“Nothing, just ‘Neji’.” Tenten was trying to stop the smile that was creeping up her face, the blood that was rushing in her cheeks. She then continues to fail miserably. Her face looked like it was on Botox. She tried to curve her lips down but the corners keep rising up. Realizing that, she attempted to widen her eyes to try to show disgust. Nothing happened, just her eyebrows moved.

“Uhhhm, Tenten?” Sakura called her attention.

“Yes?”

“Why is your face like that?” Sakura proceeded to touch her face.

“Like what?” Tenten asked.

“Like it was marinated in Formalin.” Sai just entered the line, behind Naruto. His hair was still wet from the shower he took before rushing into school.

“So Ten-ten likes Neji, big woof.” Kiba exclaims.

“Wait? You all know?” Tenten was very confused. She thought she hid it well.

“Well yeah.” Naruto replies, “You always had a knack for staring out into space whenever Neji leaves.”

“Leave her be, guys.” Kiba defends, “Don’t tease her to falling into a relationship she’s not sure of.”

“You’re the one to talk. Say, Kiba, I never see you obsessing over a girl.” Sai declares as he rustles his hair, trying to dry it.

“Oh, that’s because I lost trust in girls. I was traumatized from my first girlfriend.”

“What exactly happened between you two?” Tenten added.

“She was European, a girl of international standards!” Kiba praised.

“For the sake of you continuing, I’ll save my comments for later.” Naruto implied.

“One day we fought about a third party in our relationship. Her eyes moistened, and then she ran away. She came back the afternoon, tired and unwilling to talk. Evening came and our fighting continues. We made love that night.”

“What the hell! You can’t make love with her; you live with your mom! She’ll tear her to pieces.” Ino beamed at Kiba.

“Hey, I didn’t know what was going on, but I’m always up for getting wild.”

“I still don’t see how you lost trust in girls.” Sakura crossed her arms and waited for a direct reply.

“Aren’t we all interested? We’ll get there. So the next day went fine. We had lunch and bonded. Then she dumped me the day after that.”

“That’s it? She dumped you? I’ve been dumped, doesn’t hurt that bad. I’m still alive to say the least.” Ino suggested.

“Then the next week I call her, ‘Hey, sorry I cannot talk right now, I’m having sex with the whole softball team.’ What a whore.”

“Okay now you’re just making shit up.” Naruto glares at the storyteller.

“Shinobi’s honor, asshole.” Kiba glared back. “I gave her a kiss so tender, it hurt her sooo bad. Now she’s turning the world upside down searching for me. Girls, what are you gonna do?” Followed by a snicker, they all know he was making it up.

“Why you arrogant ba-” Before Ino could finish her sentence, Kiba was called into the window for enrollment.

“Hey, guys. I know it was mentioned earlier, but what do we write behind the check? Because Ero-sannin, I mean, dad gave a check instead of cash.”

“You put your name, the name of the person who gave you the check… and I forgot the other one. Why don’t you ask the guard right there?” Sai recommended Naruto to do.

“Uhm. Excuse me sir!” Naruto tries to call the attention of the guard that was seeing peace and order was in the line.

The guard walks over, “How may I help you?”

“I was wondering what you write behind the check.”

“Are you in the line for payment and enrollment?” The security personnel asks.

“No! I stepped on some gum and I’m stuck here. Of course I’m in the line!”

“Oh! Pardon me, I was just leaving.”

“Ehem! The answer to my question.”

“Oh right! You draw the map of Russia.” He answers sarcastically then proceeds to walk away.

“Hey! Jerk! Answer me properly.”

“Uhm, Naruto.” Sakura taps his back.

“What?” Naruto replies.

“Why didn’t you just read the sign overhead?”

“Nice.”

Naruto then writes down the details and continues his enrollment.

On the way to Orshagil East; 10:00 am

“Eh, Sakura. Who do you think would win in a fight: Kakashi-sensei or Batman?” Ino asks out of the blue.

“Haha. Oh, Ino, Kakashi-sensei wouldn’t get into a fight.” Sakura replied with a grin on her face.

“Kakashi-sensei IS mild tempered; and aloof.” Ino thought to herself, “Maybe he wo-”

“… With someone he knows he can’t beat.” She laughs to herself with fists clenched and resting on her hips.

“EXCUSE ME!! COMING THROUGH!” Kiba shouts as Sai, Naruto and he jumped in front of them.

“Hey! Watch it!” Ino snaps at the three.

“Sorry ‘bout that! As you can see we’re in a hurry!” Kiba shouts as the drift away from the girls.

“Why are we running?” Asks Naruto.

“Ebi- -Dad bought me a car. He told me to get home as quickly as possible.” Sai responds.

“Hurry up! I wanna smell that new factory smell in the car.” Kiba hastens his steps and leaps ahead of Sai. The three wonder off in the distance.

“Those two would always find ways to disturb the peace, now they got Sai to tag along too.” Ino complains as she tries to compose herself.

“They could be a handful, but I don’t know how any day could be exciting without them.” Sakura continues walking to their house. Sakura and Ino were assigned to be sisters and were daughters of Genma & Shizune.

“By the way, you did know that Kiba was kidding earlier, right?” Sakura asks Ino.

“Yes I did.” Ino fixes her hair.

“Then why’d you snap at him like that?” Sakura jumps in front of Ino and shows off a big grin.

“Uhhmm… Now that you’ve mentioned it, I don’t know.”

“Hmmm.” Sakura ponders, then quickly grabs Ino’s face to investigate.

“Whoa! Easy there girl.” Ino infers. Sakura raises an eyebrow then ensues to check Ino’s eyes, opens her mouth to see her tonsils, and checks the temperature of the back of her ear.

“Ohhhh!” Sakura exclaims and goes on to press Ino’s nose quite hard.

“What is it?” Ino pulls away and pinches her nose.

“So what’s with Kiba? He doesn’t match your previous crushes.”

“WHAT?!” Ino explodes in laughter, “You think I like Kiba?! Hahahahahahahaha!”

“Well do you?” Sakura playfully asked.

“Funny. Very funny, Sakura. A hilarious joke that we are never going to speak of again.” Ino briskly walks home pulling off all the stops just to try to change the topic.

Ebisu’s residence; Noon

“NO WAY!” Naruto exclaims.

“What, you don’t believe me?” Kiba bites his nails out of anxiety. He hasn’t been this anxious ever; maybe because he was away from Akamaru for too long. Akamaru was his partner; his mother told him that she’d send Akamaru after him before the week ends. He wished the week would just speed up, so he can be with his old friend again.

“Are you serious?” Sai asked Kiba. They were waiting on the porch; Ebisu was taking a little too long to bring the car down from Quindo. Kiba and Naruto were occupying the two mahogany chairs surrounding a small coffee table; while Sai was stretched out on a recliner.

“Ino does turn me on.” Kiba looks at the sky and whistles.

“What do you plan on doing?” Sai asks.

“He’s going to ask her out, obviously. That’s the Kiba I know, impulsive and reckless.” Naruto shares.

“I don’t think so. This is just a petty crush. I’m just infatuated, it won’t last long. I’ll give myself two weeks before this little craze of mine disappears.” Kiba confesses. “By the way, here comes your ‘dad’.”

“Hey, SON! You like the car?” Ebisu says to Sai.

“Any car will do DAD.” Sai answers. He then steps down the porch and joins Ebisu beside the car.

“Why do these two yahoos keep yelling the word ‘son’ and ’dad’ in their sentences?” Kiba raises the question as he too stands up and follows Sai.

“Must be a thing.” Naruto answers, following Kiba.

Ebisu places his arm on the shoulder of his alleged son, “Now that you have a car, you gotta give it a name.” Ebisu smirks, “A lady name.”

“Uhhh… How’s ‘Gertrude’?” Sai asks.

“GERTRUDE?! Boy! You’re gonna be inside her ALL DAY! You gotta give’r a name that’s hot!” Ebisu retorts.

“If that was Kiba’s car, it’d be named Ino. Ahihihi!” Naruto laughs in a goofy manner.

“That can’t be helpful, now can it, fucktard?” Kiba growls.

“How’s about ‘Mrs. Bronberg’?” Sai bargains.

“Isn’t that the name of the old lady that delivered the paper this morning?” Ebisu scratches his head.

“Yup.” Sai says as he caresses the hood of his new car.

“Okay. Let’s go with Gertrude.” Ebisu submits.