Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Drabbles ❯ 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pairing: Iruka/Kakashi
Prompt: Soft
For: Annamaemacleod
Kakashi lay comfortably sprawled out on his stomach on top of their duvet. He'd come back in late after being away on an ANBU class mission, his impatients to finally be home was what had led them to running just that bit faster on the return journey - though it brought them home at 2am. He had walked through the door in a daze, his body still hyper aware and buzzing with adrenaline.
He had stood in the doorway, just breathing steadily in and out as he absorbed the scent and familiar feeling of their home he had almost sprung on his lover on pure instinct when the brunet had walked into the foyer of their small two bedroom apartment having sensed his presence. Kakashi had watched the other man guardedly for a few minutes, seeing the brunet's warm smile soothed away the sudden rush of instinct. Iruka had stood patiently waiting, no signs on his face of the more familiar horror many others would have in his place at the state of his uniform.
Kakashi had paused in the doorway as blood dripped from the porcelain mask covering his face, he could feel the grime and gore coating the strands of his normally silvery hair. As he had looked down at himself he could see that his armour and clothes were littered with splashes of blood, large rips and tears as well as scratches were someone had tried to cut into his chest. Kakashi had sighed quietly, the active part of his mind easing as he absorbed the familiar surroundings and his lover's quiet form.
Kakashi remembered being stripped as he stood there, careful hands removing the mask and carefully placing down on the ground, then the unbuckling and depositing of the dirty garments in a pile in the doorway to be dealt with later. Once all of the clothes had been removed, he had been taken carefully by the hand, calloused fingers curling around his own and slowly stepping backwards. Their eyes connected and never faltered as they walked through the small apartment heading for the shower and the soothing strokes of his lovers hands cleaning every inch of his body thoroughly, lovingly stroking and soothing away any bruises. Kakashi loved the feel of those familiar hands touching him, running through his hair and washing away the pain and sadness that always followed a night like this one.
Once thoroughly cleaned he was taken to the bedroom and motioned to lay down, not once had they spoken throughout the entire course of the last hour. Iruka was always quiet when doing this and Kakashi appreciated the silence his mind still ticking over, his body still prone to overreacting to the slightest provocation. That was how he had gotten here in the first place but he looked forward to what was to follow. His lover always did this for him.
Kakashi felt warm palms smooth up his legs, tickling through the fine hairs causing him to twitch and a quiet chuckle to slip from his lover's lips. As those palms moved higher over his thighs he felt the bed dip as the younger man moved up onto the mattress, his legs bracketing Kakashi's own. Those hands never stopped as the brunet moved up until his hands were placed on his shoulders and he had settled his weight on the curve of Kakashi bare ass.
Kakashi could feel the press of Iruka's body as it settled over him, he was still fully clothed in thin cotton shorts and a baggy t-shirt. He sighed softly as those hands started to knead and rub, massaging the tension from his body, thumbs digging into each knot and working it loose to the sound of soft sighs. Kakashi loved this, the way Iruka was so careful with his body after a mission, he had never known until the first time he'd come home like this just how far Iruka would go to make him feel better.
Kakashi smiled softly into the pillow as his body was ministered to by his lover, he needed this softness after such a hard mission and Iruka knew better that most how often they came along and how damaging they could be. He had been a wreck when he'd returned home the first time, unsure of the young chuunin's reaction on top of the adrenalin high he had been skirting. But Iruka had taken it in stride and this tradition of theirs had begun. Iruka may have to teach in the morning or have mission room duty but he took every care and never rushed these precious moments.
Kakashi was content to remain exactly where he was until his lover was finished, knowing that Iruka would let him curl around him so he could rest his head on that warm chest and listen to his heartbeat. He had never realised before he had met Iruka just how important something so simple could be. The chuunin was like this most of the time but he usually had Kakashi's participation instead, but right now he gave everything in he had to make Kakashi feel alive again.
Iruka could never be accused of being soft - it wasn't the right word, it was more than that, there was a depth of tenderness and care that ran deep inside the chuunin and Kakashi was lucky enough to have him all to himself.
His love.
His softness.
His Iruka.