Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Drabbles ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kick In the Head (58) - Naruto/Sasuke
Naruto watched as Sasuke's composure finally cracked and he yelled across the clearing, “You have no idea what I've done!”
He felt sadness well inside him as he shot back his reply, “That's only because you won't tell me!”
He saw something desolate enter Sasuke's features, a sadness that had never managed to slip past the Uchiha mask that the whole clan had once perpetuated amongst themselves. “Idiot I can't go back - my brother made me who I am.”
He wanted to reach out but he knew it would be rejected and he felt something hot and tight fill his chest, as he all but exploded at Sasuke, “He may have done that but he's dead. The only person you have to be now is you - Uchiha Sasuke. When you figure out who you are come find me. It's obvious that you don't want to listen.”
Naruto felt that well of fire empty as quickly as it had risen leaving him drained and sad for what he had lost and for his friend. He had never given up on Sasuke and though his hope had been crushed more than once he still wanted to help him. But as in many things you had to choose to be helped - Kakashi-sensei had told him that.
The blond turned from his friend, shoulders slumped as he carelessly shoved his hands in his pockets and started to walk away.
“Dobe....!”

Sasuke called for him and he half turned seeing anger and something he couldn't place on his old teammates face, “I've had enough, I am tired Teme. I have chased you all over Fire Country. If you can't see that people are worried, that people still care about you after all that then you really are blind.” He sighed softly, eyes turning heavenward and seeing the rolling clouds above and feeling the static in the air, there would be a storm tonight. It felt like he was already at its heart, buffeted from all sides.
He felt something hot trail down his cheek and when he looked back at Sasuke he knew that they were tears. His voice was soft but stable when he spoke the tears he was crying weren't for him, “You're stood there, stuck, looking back to a past that is finished. You need to look forward to the life you can choose for yourself.”
Naruto shook his head slowly, wanting, praying that Sasuke could understand his words, “You're standing still Sasuke and you're being left behind. I... I don't want that for you.”
They stood there silent for a long while and when Naruto finally decided to leave Sasuke spoke his body turned sideways on and looking down at the ground, “I don't know how to be anything else.”
Naruto looked at Sasuke then, seeing in his friend the emotions he had been searching for. The once proud Uchiha had finally let down his walls if only a little. Naruto walked quietly forward and stepped in front of Sasuke coming up close to him as one hand came to rest at the nape of Sasuke's neck, burrowing into the thick ebony spikes. He pressed just a fraction to get Sasuke to look up at him and he gave him a soft smile seeing the loneliness painted in the depths of obsidian orbs, “Then we'll help you learn.”
“Hn. Stupid Dobe.”
“We missed you to Teme.”