Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Drabbles ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Different
Author: Theablackthorn
For: Annamaemacleod
Rating: PG
Pairing: Kakashi/Naruto
Warnings: BL
 
Kakashi's finger's trailed absently through tousled golden spikes, enjoying the soft texture as it passed between his bare finger's. His favourite book lay beside him, his attention not on it but trained on the tanned back of the man sleeping beside him, his head pressed against his pale thigh, whiskered face turned in against his bare stomach.
Kakashi couldn't help but admire the naked expanse of skin, as yet unmarred by scars, something that all ninja built up over time. His own body was littered with the road map of his life.
Kakashi was hoping, to some extent, that that skin would remain unblemished, though he knew it was a fool's hope. Just as his own had once been pale and clear of the scar, it only took a few years for them to find their way there.
Kakashi chuckled as Naruto stirred in his sleep, a toned arm coming up to curl around Kakashi's back jsut as the other wrapped around his waist from the front, a completely uncomfortable position and yet it felt - nice. Naruto snuffled softly and pressed into the pale skin of his stomach, arms tightening around him in an unconscious hug .
Kakashi felt a frisson of pleasure sweep through him as his finger's continued their tender ministrations, and Naruto's face nuzzled into his belly.
They were so different and yet the same.
Kakashi had slept that blissful sleep of oblivion many years ago, when the world didn't know of Sharingan-no-Kakashi, and he was still just a naive little boy.
Naruto wasn't naive anymore, tomorrow morning they would go out and continue their hunt to find, and return, the missing member of team seven. And yet Naruto was ever optimistic.
But, unlike Naruto, Kakashi knew that there was a good chance that Sasuke wouldn't return, and that's where they were truly different.
They'd fallen into this relationship so easily, a need to fulfil the ache that had formed at the loss of so many and so much. But Kakashi knew, and though Naruto was sometimes rather dense, he hoped the blond knew too, that this wasn't just something to pass the time anymore - it meant something.
And Kakashi hoped that in that, they were the same.