Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Search for the Wishing Star ❯ Feelings of the Heart ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 7
Feelings of the Heart

(Woods)

Kakashi sets a fire. Him, Rock Lee, Sakura, Neji, and Kiba sit by the fire. Naruto is sitting by Hinata who is laying down with her eyes closed. Neji looks to Naruto.

Neji:Naruto...kun

Naruto turns to face him.

Neji(blankly):When did you fall inlove with Hinata.

Naruto looks at him shocked. Neji stands and look at him waiting for an answer. Naruto holds his hands out shaking his head.

Naruto:No! Its not like that! Hinata is a very good. Come Neji be real! In love with Hinata. Nice one.

Neji gives him a cold stare. Naruto eyes go anime style.

Naruto(nervously):Seriously stop staring at me like that. Your giving me the creeps.

Neji continues to stare. Naruto sighs and gets back to watching Hinata. Neji smirks and walks back to the fire. Sakura looks to Neji.

Sakura:I've never seen Naruto so worried before.
Rock Lee:It seems Naruto is inlove with Hinata but is denying it.
Sakura:Are you sure? Really?
Rock Lee:Yes. I see the passion of love in his eyes. He looks at her the same way I look at you Sakura-chan.

He smiles at her. She returns him smile of her own.

Kiba:I think we should talking about more important things. Like how were going to Papaline guy back.
Neji:I agree. Apu could very well make it to the star faster than us.
Sakura:I know but with Hinata's injury it could be a problem.
Naruto:Then you guys go on ahead. I can take Hinata back to Konoha.

The others look at him. They all have shocked expressions on their faces. Kakashi smirks.

Kakashi:That won't be necessary Naruto. She will be fine by tomorrow.(turns to all of them.)Now all of you get some sleep.

They all lay down. Naruto sits next to Hinata. He looks to her worried.

Naruto(whisper):Hinata. I know you think I don't notice you but I do. Your one of the only ones who notice me and believe in me. And for that I thank you.

Hinata eyes flicker open. She sees Naruto.

Naruto:Hinata?
Hinata:Naruto?

She falls back to sleep. Naruto smiles. He walks over by a tree and watches Hinata as he falls asleep.

(Naruto's Dream)

Naruto is running around in darkness. He stops and pants.

Naruto:"pants...pants"Where am I? Whats going on?

Naruto see a bright yellow light shine down and sees Hinata in the spotlight laying on the ground bleeding from her stomach. His eyes widen. Hinata turns to him.

Hinata:Naruto...kun.(coughs up blood)
Naruto(running towards her):Hinata! Hinata!

Naruto drops to his knees by Hinata. He hold her head.

Naruto:Hinata! Hinata! Wake up! Wake up!

Hinata slightly opens her eys.

Hinata:Naruto...kun.

Her eyes closes. Sasuke voice is heard. He is behind Naruto watching him.

Sasuke:Look at you dobe. Couldn't even protect her. Your too weak Naruto. You couldn't save her and you couldn't save me! Now shes dead and I'm going to be Orochimaru's container! You've failed Naruto! You failed!!!

Sasuke's eyes is become sharigan. Orochimaru is behind him smiling.

Orochimaru:Foolish boy.

(End Naruto's Dream)

Naruto wakes up screaming.

Naruto:No!!!

Hinata places her hands on Naruto shoulders gently.

Hinata:Its okay Naruto..kun.

Naruto looks at Hinata. He smiles. Realizing how close they were, Hinata's face turns red.

Naruto(oblivious):Are you okay Hinata?

Hinata snaps back and fumbles her fingers.

Hinata:I'm fine...Naruto...kun.

Naruto breaks out into a wide grin and hugs her tightly.

Naruto:I'm so glad your okay!

Hinata face turns redder than before and she passes out.

Naruto(oblivious):Hinata. Hinata.
Sakura:Naruto!!

Naruto turns around to see Sakura. She punches him in the face. Naruto lands on chest with his butt in the air.

Naruto:Sa-kura-chan.

(Somewhere outside of the woods)

Kyra and Haku lay on a pallet looking to the stars. Kyra has her arms around Haku protectivel. He looks to his mother. His mother looks at him concerned.

Kyra:What's wrong Haku?
Haku:Will we ever see Naruto again mommy?
Kyra:You've took a liken to Naruto, Haku.
Haku:Yeah hes funny.
Kyra:Yeah I took a liken to him too. I'm sure we'll see him again.(she smiles at him sweetly)

She kisses him on the forehead.

(Woods)

Everyone stands around Hinata. She feels uncomfortable of the attention.

Kakashi:Are you okay Hinata?
Hinata:Hai. Kakashi-sensi.
Kakashi:Very well. Alright everyone.

Naruto and the others look at him.

Kakashi:Its time to move out.
Sakura:Wait. Sesnsi. How are we going to find them?
Kakashi:Don't worry. I grabbed a piece of one of the bandits clothing.. I'll summon Pakkun and he will lead us to Apu and the Bandits. Most likely their headed towards him.

Everyone nods.

(Saranin Village)

Kabuto and Orochimaru look at the crumbles of Saranin village.

Kabuto:Seems someone has beat us to the punch.

Kabut pushes his glasses up. Smirking Orochimaru just look at his surronding with an evil grin.

Orochimaru:This day is going to be interesting wouldn't you say Kaubuto?

Kabuto looks to him and smirks.

(Apu's Undergound Torture Chamber)

Papaline is chained up to a wall severly beaten. Blood is coming out of his mouth. Severe cuts and bruises. Two Bandits is standing in front of him, looking at him and smiling wickedly.

Papaline:You'll never....get that star....I promise you that.
Bandit(smirks):You know this will all end if you just tell us where the star is.
Papaline(smirks):Not a chance.

The bandit punches him in the head. A slight vision come to him.

(Papaline's Vision)

Woman Screams:Naruto!!!

A woman jumps in front of Naruto. Can't see the woman's face.

(Reality)

Papaline's eyes widen.

Papaline:Okay. Okay. I will lead you to the star.

The bandits look at each other and smile. The grab him and drag him up stairs.

(Woods)

The group is jumping tree to tree. Naruto is on the right tree and Hinata is on the left. The others are ahead. Naruto is looking at Hinata concerned. She just blushes and smiles to herself.

Naruto:Are you sure your okay Hinata.
Hinata:Hai-Naruto...kun.

Naruto grins.

(Sakura and Rock Lee)

SakuraI really hope we rescue Papaline.
Rock Lee:Don't worry Sakura, we'll find him. The fate of the world is at stake. We must overcome!!!
Sakura(smiles):Right.
Rock Lee(serious tone):Sakura(she looks to him curious). After this is over would you go on a date with me?

Sakura's eyes widen. A picture of Sasuke flashes in her mind.

Sakura(sadden):Lee.
Rock Lee(hurt):I understand.

Sakura stares at Lee sadly.

Kakashi:Alright everyone stop.

Pakkun led them to Apu's underground base.

Kakashi:Listen up. The plan is to sneak in unnotice and free Papaline. We have to avoid fighting as much as possible.
Naruto:Why? I want to kick these guys asses.
Neji:Because Naruto. They have home advantage.
Kakashi:Right.
Kiba:Then what are we waiting for! Lets go!

Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, Rock Lee, Neji, Hinata and Kiba vanish.

(Apu's Underground Base)

All of them stand in the middle of four hallways. Each hallway leading to somewhere.

Naruto:So which way?
Kakashi:We split up. Each team has Byakugan user. Sakura, Lee, and Neji will come with me. So that leaves Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata. Remember Naruto avoid fighting as possible. Papaline is our objective.
Naruto:Got it.
Sakura:But sensi its four hallways. How do we know which way?
Kakashi:We'll just have to guess. Alright lets go.

Kakashi, Lee, Sakura, and Neji went to the far left. Naruto, Hinata, and Kiba went to the far right.

(TBC)