Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon A September ❯ First Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter One: First Day     ----------  

 

 

 

"Nooo o!"

 

 

A girl hastily ran to a building as she flung herself to a narrow gate. Only three minutes… she had to run quick for the first subject. She hurriedly put off her sneakers and then pulled out her black shoes and paced up. Rushing to the main building, she passes by several lockers. Another boy is hurrying to put his shoes on. He left his school coat opened and then stroked his black hair away his eyes.

Sakura really knew she was late. Oh, for that god damned alarm clock! She yells, as she takes 3 to 4 steps up the stairs. She notices a person does the same too. First class is Chemistry and she hates to think how the teacher might scold her. Arriving to the classroom, the teacher had just arrived, making her pant and sigh heavily. The lad was at his side and they both know that only one can enter so that no one might pay attention. They both looked at each other.

"Go ahead," he said to her as he rested his built-up body on the classroom's wall.

She knew nothing about the person, and then nodded to thank him. She is new at this school and it is a shame too in case she will be late. Another thing is if she won't hurry, the teacher might introduce her as well and notices her gone.

She silently entered, taking a chair on the last row. She sighed and the lazy face of the guy lingered in her, but her hallucination stopped when the class president stood up.

"Give respect!" he said to everyone and all students stood up almost one by one.

"Good morning, Gai-sensei!"

The teacher, with seemingly thick eyebrows smirked to them. Sakura felt limp as if she doesn't want to see his face.

"Now then, I need to introduce an exchange student today," their sensei said and made Sakura's heart beat faster in nervousness. "Ms. Haruno Sakura, please stand up…"

The teacher wrote her name in kanji neatly. "She'll be studying here and share you this class. Be good to her, okay?"

"Irasshaimase!" the class greeted. Sakura felt touched…

"Arigatou," she whispered silently, and then approached to the door… she saw the lad and feared that he might tell that he got late because of her.

"Gomen nasai…" he replied as he took his first step, and then teacher threw an eraser to the ground… Sakura closed her eyes and then slowly opened it up.

No, please don't tell them I was late… And in her sight is a black-haired lad who stood before the door.

"Uchiha Sasuke!" the teacher shouted angrily "I really knew once that you are Kakashi's student!"

He silently took his seat and Sakura was surprised that it was beside hers.

"…Ah! Gomen nasai, Haruno-san. You may take your seat."

"I think she's cute!" a boy cried, looking straight to the girl.

"Hmmph! I hate her! She's the first girl who's gonna sit beside Uchiha-kun!" a blonde girl replied. "He doesn't know it, nah! I know he's going to change his seat again! I bet!"

"Anou…" she began to spoke to the Uchiha, who barely was looking in the windows. She was too shy to speak at his presence, with his handsome eyes in different sight. His clasped hands are where he rested his chin as his eyes winked every time. He is really a cool guy, and she knew it through his silent and unemotional gestures.

Another that she noticed is his sneering, and he seems like he grew up in a rich family

Whether he pays attention on me or not, I'm going to say my thanks. Her inner self said, more determined ever. ----------  

 

Moments already passed by and the break finally came. Some girls went to Sakura's place to talk to her, and others to Sasuke. She was nice to the friendly girls. One of them introduced as Hyuuga Hinata, and then the other is Asakura Keiko, who then became friends with her.

"Ne, Sakura-chan, why do you need to live alone at Tokyo? Aren't you scared at all?" Hinata asked.

"Umm, not really." she answered and smiled. "I have training regarding it, y' know."

"What do you mean?"

"Ah, my parents usually leave me home alone since I was a kid. We are just a middle-class family, and of course… I have no companion after all,"

"You are like Uchiha-kun, but he has a lot of maids." Keiko whispered, "Your seatmate, the late guy."

"Oh yeah, you reminded me of him!" she exclaimed. "He saved me from being late. Actually, we just arrived at the same time." She was blushing.

"Aah, Sakura-chan." Keiko began "It's not safe to hang along with Uchiha-kun."

"Kedo Doushite?" she asked innocently. "He doesn't seem that bad."

"Just follow our advice." Hinata said sweetly. "So, where do you want us to begin our exploration?"

Sakura smiled. "Okay, to The campus, where else?"

 

  ----------  

Sakura enjoyed their company, and they all are happy with each other. They loved doing the same things and they also have same favorite classes. Sakura smiled as she was back on her seat again beside her sleeping seatmate.

"Why does he enjoy not studying?" she thought to herself. "Ah, I remember that he's richest around here. So he really doesn't mind."

"Ms. Haruno!" Kurenai-sensei called. "Please read the 3rd line of The Twelfth Night, Act IV."

"Hai!" She stood up. "Argh! I wasn't listening and I was just thinking about this Uchiha!"

"Page 78." a voice, whispered, a boy's voice.

"Arigatou," she said and opened it. "Matte yo, I thought you were sleeping?"

He shrugged.

"…What is love? Tis not hereafter; Present mirth hath present laughter; what's to come is still unsure:" she paused, "In delay there lies no plenty; then come kiss me, sweet, and twenty! Youth's a stuff will not endure."

"Very good!" Kurenai-sensei praised her. "You are so good in line delivering when it comes to English language!"

"Arigatou. " she sat down.

"Okay. Feste's songs in the play contribute both gaiety and sadness to the mood of the play. In that one famous song read by your classmate, it reminds the audience that they should enjoy the present because nobody can know what the future will bring." she ended.

Literature class is one of the most tensing times when you need to read out lines in the class. Sakura sure passed this, and her friends admire her.

 

 

"Wow, Sakura-chan you look like you were a theatre cast!" Keiko cried. "Way to go!"

"Arigatou." she smiled. Then she took a short glance at Sasuke before the day was over. She blushed. The girls noticed it.

"Don't ever try to be his fangirl." Keiko began. "Look at them. They drool as he passes by, but they don't know that it's suicide. This Uchiha never pays attention to them, thus, concentrates on his very own caprices."

"Oh! He is so selfish!" Sakura exclaimed. "I know he's cute. You are right. It is absurd when I fall for him."

"Good decision, Sakura." Hinata agreed.

"Okay, so are we going later at Hon-Ya?" Sakura asked gleefully.

"HAI!" the two girls agreed, going away to her seat as soon as Uchiha Sasuke was coming and the teacher was sighing.

"Oh my, I don't know if we will continue tolerating him," he said.

  ----------  

 

It is afternoon once more, and Sakura, together with her newfound friends tarried now to the bookstore and they came to find stuff for their project. Sakura found someone familiar down the alley leading to the bookstore, and her friends took another way.

"I think it's bad to stay late in here… Let's go!" Hinata pulled Sakura's hands.

"Matte yo! Chotto matte kudasai!" She called them up, letting go of her grasp. "I'm going. We need it ASAP. If you don't want grades, okay fine!"

"S-Sakura-chan!"

"What's your problem?" she demanded, crossing her arms. "Going or not?"

"Okay,"

"If you only know,"

"What is it?"

"Nothing…" they chorused. "Uh-oh, here he comes…" the two bowed down. Instead of Sakura doing the same, she waved her hand to him.

"Hi! Are you gonna buy things for the project too?" she asked, with her heart-warming smiles.

"Well, what project?" he asked in his usual bored tone.

"Ah, you were sleeping that's why you don't hear it. You need to keep your eyes awake during classes. Remember that, okay?" Hinata and Keiko looked anxiously at her.

"What did she said? She's killing us all!"

"Okay," he agreed at her words. "I'm buying too. Thanks for telling me it."

"No problem." she said. "Hey girls! c'mon!"

"Hai!" they chorused.

So they all walked along the alley, and then Keiko and Hinata are puzzled how he agreed with her, for he usually snobs other student's advices and even gets angry. He was melancholically staring at the dark skies, with his hands shoved in his pockets. Sakura observes him at the corner of her eye and wonders why they all respect this mere boy.

"Here we are," Keiko said silently. Sasuke entered first and followed by Sakura and after a while, the two girls.

Sakura scavenged the whole place and found the materials. Sasuke quietly followed her, and Hinata and Keiko watched carefully. They are still scared to speak because they might get a blue tag. He is very mysteriously silent. He would just stare at everything around, shrugs, snorts. He would glare in something annoying for him, but he responds to Sakura's questions.

"Okay, this is all of it." Sakura said, keeping her list.

"Uh, I think we need to pay now. I really, really need to go." Keiko said rushing to the counter, when Sasuke moved forward and she stopped. He came in first, and then spoke to the cashier. He reached for his pocket and put out a credit card.

"I don't have cash today," he said.

"Okay sir," the cashier said, "We accept Major credit cards."

"Good." he smirked, and then called the three girls. Hinata and Keiko cringed.

"I'm paying," he said nonchalantly.

"You sure?" Sakura asked. He nodded. "Well, thanks. That's so kind of you!"

"Arigatou!" they all thanked. He waved his hand and lazily walked away their direction.

"See, I told you every man has a good side," Sakura replied. "And so he is. He still has human heart and emotion."

"But he is really cruel when avenging for what he knew is right." Keiko suddenly said and she cupped her mouth.

"Sakura-chan, you're really way-out." Hinata said, smiling.

"Maybe helpfulness is sincere for him." Sakura defended him. "Okay, ja ne. I'm going home. That's my direction."

"Take care!"

"Mata ashita!" Sakura bade.

"If she only knows… really, really know." Keiko said.

"I think we should tell her tomorrow!" Hinata said, "Before it's too late!"

"Hai!" ----------  

 

 

"Okay. Here I am again, alone in this empty apartment," she said, sighing. "Oh no, I haven't bought any stuff! I said that I will buy for my first aid kit, groceries… heck, I need to go back!" she rummaged her bag and found her purse.

She walked down to the elevator and then went downstairs. It took her a long time in waiting for the elevator. She walked hastily at the nearest grocery near a dark alley. She bought everything she can from band-aids and the rest of breakfast items. She only ate cereals! Then after that, she took a scenic stroll around the plaza.

She stretched out her arms and lifted the rest of the bags up. They didn't feel so heavy. And she enjoyed her stay there. Suddenly out of nowhere, a shadow was coming to her, bad the worst is it even made her shriek.

"Hey, it's me."

"Uchiha Sasuke?" she asked looking at the by as they were illuminated by the street lamp. He was bruised and the corner of his mouth is bleeding. Sakura covered her face with her hands, and started whining.

"BLOOD!" she cried.

"What's the matter with you?" he asked almost angrily.

"I am afraid of… blood… and it's trickling all over your pale face," she whispered. "Don't you feel any pain right now?"

"Oh." he said, wiping the rest of it up with his hand, leaving a smear. "I don't know. Sorry,"

"Daijoubu," she replied. "Well, good thing I have bought stuff for my first aid kit."

"Thanks."

"And matte," she said "wipe it off, I'm really terrified." She gave him a tissue paper.

"Oh."

"What happened?" she asked curiously.

"Well…" he began "I was walking when some guys pick a fight with me," he narrated. "And I fought them."

"You're lucky to have survived!" she exclaimed.

"I broke their bones anyway," he said emotionlessly. Sakura was jaw dropped.

"There," she finished dressing of the wounds with band-aids. He bowed down, and then she smiled at him warmly. He never felt anything touching his heartstrings before, nothing than what she did a while ago.

  ----------  

 

 

Therefore, this begins their story…

 

  ----------