Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Outcasts: My Crystal Angel ❯ Sky's Tears ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

::hyper_hurricane::junketsu_tsuta::
 
Outcasts: My Crystal Angel
Chapter 8: Sky's Tears
 
I prepared to use the last ounce of my chakra to create an ice barrier.
Then out of nowhere, someone else appeared in front of me and created a wooden barrier.
“I thought I was the one who needed protection?”
I looked up to see Hiroshi with a triumphant grin on his face.
His barrier was really tough to even block a Doton and Raiton jutsu.
“Hiroshi-san what are you doing here?” I asked baffled.
“Helping you, what else?” he answered,
“But where are the others?”
“Left them in camp.” He replied chuckling.
“Lucky us, the Ketsueki came here on his own!” Kumo said and pulled away, so did Rai and prepared to fight.
 
Thanks to Hiroshi-san, we were able to take down the two of them.
Hiroshi walked to an unconscious Kumo and actually dug his hand into his chest!
I decided to look away, so I wouldn't see how gruesome it could get…
“I always thought that Mikazes are supposed to be loyal to the one they are bound to…”
Bound…?” I thought; I didn't understand what Hiroshi meant and neither could I think of anything to ask…
“I like what you did to your hair.” Hiroshi said jokingly, catching my attention.
“Huh?”
I touched the ends of my hair, “Heh, it looks like I cut it too much.” I said chuckling.
I paused, “Hiroshi-san, what did you mean when you said Mikazes are bound?” I asked.
“Ah,” he hummed “It's a clan tradition, three Mikaze siblings are bound to a Ketsueki, and their life depends on that Ketsueki.”
“Do iu-imi?” I asked again, I didn't seem to understand what he meant.
“When the Ketsueki their bound to dies, so will they…” he paused.
“… That is unless they're willing to give up their life for the other two.”
“So how will you know who you bound to…?” I asked again.
“I'm not sure myself but one will know.”
He walked back to Kumo who looked already lifeless.
“You can tell it through their chakra.”
“Like a sixth sense?”
He nodded.
“And there will also be a name tattooed on them, usually it's the Mikaze elders who put the seal.”
“You mean like an assignment?”
Again, he nods.
Hiroshi fixed Kumo into a sitting position.
“Like this one here.”
It surprised me was that there was no blood on him, “Wait, didn't Hiroshi-san just…
He pulled down Kumo's collar to reveal a kanji tattoo.
“…'Hiroshi'…?” I read.
“Does that mean him and his siblings are bound to you…?”
Hiroshi simply nodded.
A piercing scream cut our casual conversation.
I turned around to see Ame, wide awake, clutching Tsuki be the hair atop the tree branch.
“Tsuki!!” I called.
Tsuki was just hanging there, helplessly crying herself out of Ame's grip on her hair.
“Since you took my brother's, I'll be taking hers then since it wouldn't matter to anyone!” she shouted.
She isn't going to kill her, is she!?” I screamed in my head.
Ame prepared her other free hand as if to stab Tsuki from her back.
“Iie!” as Hiroshi yelled, I saw Ame's hand peirce - more like pass through Tsuki's chest.
There was no blood, no wound.
“What the hell is going on?!
The only emotion evident on the little 7-year-old's face was terror.
Ame smiled a dreadful smile…
She pulled off her hand and a floating glowing orb of chakra spun in it. And it seemed to be swirling in a wind-like manner.
“Wind nature, good enough.” She stated.
“You can have this.” She said as she threw Tsuki like garbage.
I quickly jumped to catch her and landed on a low tree branch.
“Your taking the little kid's chakra-kon* because I took your brothers?” Hiroshi asked; he seems too calm considering what's happening.
“I have the rights to take it, you know.” He said to Ame, matter-of-factly.
“Urusai!” Ame yelled.
Tsuki was breathing harder by the second.
What was that thing she pulled out from her?!
At the same time Hiroshi came to us, Ame went down to her brother, Kumo.
“Kuso!” I formed hand seals to stop Ame to whatever she was about to do.
She was startled by the pillars that shot up in front of her so she almost dropped the orb.
“Careful, if she drops that, Tsuki will die.” Hiroshi stated.
“What?” I asked surprised. “What is that thing?!”
“It's a chakra-kon, it may look like an ordinary ball of chakra but it's a mix of chakra and life force.” He explained, “As long as it still exists, Tsuki will be able to live for a few minutes, just enough for us to take it back, or replace it.”
“I think I understand. But then what are we going to do?” I asked.
I don't know but I feel so worried about Tsuki.
“I have that covered.” He said as he jumped down.
 
The battle ended quick with Hiroshi absorbing the other two chakra-kons that Ame had.
Apparently, he said he won't be able to recover Tsuki's chakra-kon when Ame absorbed it, but he could use Rai's….
I came down to the ground and walked to him, carrying Tsuki who's breathing had become erratic.
“We'll just have to use Rai's, it'll take longer if I have to release her real chakra-kon, she might not make it.” He stated.
“What happened here?” said a familiar voice dully.
I looked up to see an unamused Sora up on a branch.
“Sora…” I muttered.
She moved her gaze to me, then Tsuki. I could've sworn her eyes widened for a split second.
She came down to the ground, Hiroshi prepared his kunai on another hand as he held a blue glowing orb in his hand, this time, it resembled lightning…
“I'm not going to fight either of you.” She said monotonously.
“What do you want now?” I asked.
“Can I know who did that to her?” she said, still no emotion, yet her voice seemed broken as she hid her face with her long bangs.
“It was Ame.” I said plainly.
“I thought so…” she muttered.
A moment of silence covered the area… Hiroshi signaled me to give the orb to Tsuki -- and so I did.
“It'll take a little longer before she regains her consciousness.” He told me.
I rested Tsuki by the tree beside me.
He turned to the ash-haired girl, “Were you looking for her?” Hiroshi asked Sora hostilely.
“No.” she said, “I was planning to let her leave with you.”
I was surprised, well, both Hiroshi and me
“I couldn't stand those three idiots torturing her.” She said, finally breaking into tears.
“Hoshi is a very determined kid, I knew Tsuki listens to him, they'll always be together, and she would even follow him anywhere. I had to make her believe that I never cared for them and this time, I had to make her believe Hoshi was still alive, Hoshi was bound to leave anyway.” She said, her tears flowing through her cheeks.
It was quite a surprise - to think that the girl who I thought was anything but kind was actually a self-sacrificing sister.
Those weren't fake tears, they were genuinely true…
“You might not accept it, but, thank you. Thank you so much...” She sobbed. “I wouldn't be able to stand Tsuki dying… like Hoshi.” Her voice vas very broken, she was crying like she was crying out all those tears she hid from those years of seeing her siblings being pushed around.
“Please,” She tried to stop her crying, “…take care of my sister. That's all I ask, I'll tell our leader you escaped. I'm indebted to you.”
“Nee-san…” She was about to walk away when she heard Tsuki's voice.
The three of us looked back at her who was trying to get up.
“You're really weird, Nee-san.” She said, trying to laugh.
Sora stood there, looking at her sister.
“All you had to do was ask.” Tsuki said smiling at her sister. “I always knew that it wasn't just me who'd think up weird plans.”
“Tsuki…”
I decided to stay out of their sister-to-sister chat. I think Hiroshi thought so too.
“Gomen nasai, Hitomi-san, but I think I'd rather stay with my sister.”
Hiroshi and I looked at each other.
He was about to say no but looks I gave him was already convincing enough.
He sighed.
“If that's what you want then.”
Hey I'm not the kind of person to break a bond like that.
 
“You should hurry and leave if you don't want anyone else following you.”
Almost sunrise and it looks like the other two didn't even realize Hiroshi actually left camp.
We immediately left for Suna, no one bothered us along the way.
As soon as we arrived, we went on our way back to Konoha.
Back to our home and our annoying siblings - except for Homura.
Juro had Aiko to annoy him, I had Naruto and of course, Itachi has his little brother, Sasuke.
I guess Sora's story would inspire me to be a better sister to Naruto.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------
 
|Author's Note|
Late update!!!
I practically forgot how to write fanfics after weeks of my brain's vacation!
And now I have writer's block :D
Everything got delayed T_T
I'll try to continue writing while balancing with college work ^__^
 
This story has been published in my Quizilla© account with the title “A Frozen-Solid Heart”
Please forgive the incorrect grammar and misspelled words.
What follows are the translations for the words denoted with asterisks (*).
 
*Translations (+explanation):
Chakra-kon - Chakra-soul (An orb that is connected to one's chakra and consciousness. Chakra nature is determined by its behavior, when absorbed, the element affiliation is also taken in (ex: when Ame absorbed Tsuki's, she gained Fuuton-affinity adding to her Suiton). In its orb form, it is vulnerable to sharp strikes as it will vanish into nothing). [I made it up :D]
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------
 
|Disclaimer:|
Naruto© and other related characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
Namikaze Hitomi, Ketsueki Hiroshi, `Kuroitsume', Mikaze Tsuki/Tsukiko, Mikaze Sora, Mikaze Kumo, Mikaze Ame and Mikaze Rai belong to me.
 
If any of the scenes or the plot itself is similar to yours or those you have read they are purely coincidence.
 
Thank you for reading.
Reviews are requested.