Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Paradiseo Explained ❯ Part one ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
I feel now that explanations are in order for what exactly is going down in `Hidden Villages', since some people apparently can't just roll with it.
 
Anyway, in retrospect it's my fault mostly behind the confusion. I rushed the story initially so I apologize for that. Okay, now we'll get into the long over do explanation of the story and its basic components. I'll warn you, I'm writing this with the assumption that you give a shit so it'll be tl;dr otherwise. And there'll be two parts to this so yeah; I have way too much free time.
 
Okay, the basic assumption you should make is that the main land nations basically did nothing for two years, save for try and patch things up after the Orochimaru deal and sit on their asses; now the Sound Four have yet to make their appearance in the story, hence why Sasuke is still chillin' with the Leaf gang. And also no one has really advanced in rank, since no new exam has been held since then. Okay, that's out of the way.
 
Now to what the fuck is up with Paradiseo. This definitely warrants an explanation, I did just kind of drop these guys into the laps of you readers and then start throwing terms and random fucking information at you so here we go; time to finally bring you into the loop. Paradiseo has in the last ten years (prior to story) undergone drastic changes and much fighting. As you may well know if you'd been reading the story prior to reading this that Kuroudo killed his father (the 12th Inukage) and hid in Paradiseo's mountains. While he was gone his uncle, Kimon Inutoriki took control as a proxy ruler, he then began a reign of terror and started an ethnic cleansing campaign. Hajime Saito abandoned the village and with a small band of rogues, one of which was his student; Koga. They took to the country side, calling themselves the `Fuugagumi' they began to fight for liberation from the tyrannical government.
 
Eventually Saito gained his former teammates Juubei and Kenji as cohorts against the Totalitarian government of Kimon. Soon Anasake also joined the Fuuga; with such great talents in his small group Saito staged a bloody coup d'état and overthrew the corrupt government, ending in the public execution of Kimon Inutoriki by firing squad and under Saito's leadership Paradiseo was restored back to its normal operating procedures. Soon Juubei, Kenji and Koga went rogue and left, right around that time Kuroudo returned to the village and received a pardon. After less then one year the Land of Mountains launched an impromptu campaign against Saito and Paradiseo; which was already in disorder from the recent revolution. Thus began the `Three Year War'.
 
At first the response by Paradiseo's troops was disorganized and ineffective, but then winter hit. The LOM troops had 90% of Paradiseo's military surrounded in the capital city when they were caught off guard by Paradiseo's sudden winter. The LOM combat tunic is designed for desert operations; it offered no protection against the -70 degree weather and 50mph winds of Paradiseo's nightmarish winter. 25,000 LOM regulars died in the first two days, the remainder where stranded outside of Paradiseo's gates, their supply line cut off and their ammunition spent they were left to the mercy of the harsh winds. For two weeks the Paradiseo Regulars took turns shooting the dying soldiers outside of their gates. Some Regulars took to throwing bread or blankets over the wall so they could watch the LOM troops kill one another for the food or supplies.
 
Once the winter ended Paradiseo had already re-equipped their soldiers, during the winter their large war machine was thrown into full production and the Paradiseo Regulars were now armed better then ever, the integration of the Kar-98k was complete and units were now issued one M1a1 Thompson submachine gun and a BAR light machinegun; drastically improving the firepower of each individual six man unit. Also many new firearms designs were being field tested; such as Kuroudo's M1 Garand rifle, although the G43 was looking far more promising to replace the Mauser.
 
Soon Paradiseo's forces had driven the LOM troops into Oh-Ka Ridge; there they proceeded to punish the LOM troops with brutal hit and run tactics. Paradiseo's practice of integrating firearms with pre-existing weapons and ninja tactics and skills proved itself on the ridge. The LOM troops were mostly versed in traditional tactics of ninja warfare and hadn't incorporated firearms well into their army. The relatively few soldiers who were issued guns had either the Henry Carbine or the Krag-Jorgenson rifle, neither of which could match the effectiveness of the Paradiseo Mauser, also with special troops carrying BAR's or Thompson's the match up of firepower was further skewed against the LOM troops; which was shown in their rapid defeats in the Ridge. Their men were torn apart by the radical geometry of the Ridge and by the brutality of Paradiseo's soldiers. After several months of fighting the LOM soldiers, battered and bruised retreated from the Ridge.
 
In all the Land of Mountains had lost 85% of its military, however they rallied their populace and began putting boys in uniform, and sending them immediately into combat. After amassing two large army groups, each consisting of 100,000 men they tried one last push against Paradiseo's line. They met in the two passes through Oh-Ka Ridge; Oh-ka Pass and the Sandline Pass. After several days of fighting and heavy casualties the LOM troops decided to try to break through the lightly defended Oh-Ka Pass, and sent their best soldiers, the Pike-men against the 16 remaining Paradiseo Regulars, led by Kuroudo Inutoriki and Anasake Jenkins. Thus the battle of Oh-Ka Pass reached its climax.
 
Low on ammo the surviving sixteen Regulars, aided by artillery support began to fend off the onslaught of the Pike-men. For twenty minutes they kept the LOM troops out of melee range, until their ammo ran out. Then began a brutal brawl of viscous hand to hand combat using what ever weapons they could get their hands on; including severed limbs. After an hour and a half the LOM troops, having lost most of their attack force retreated as reinforcements arrived for the truly battered Regulars. Kuroudo was given the title “Master of Murder” on that day for his brutality against his enemies.
 
But most of Paradiseo's troops were badly injured in the battle, taking their elites off the field for the Desert Campaign; but Oh-Ka Pass was the last battle of the war to occur on Paradiseo soil. The desert campaign progressed quickly as Paradiseo's troops easily adapted and conquered the desert territory, claiming the mines and the diamond rich Kenki Mountain in the process. This dealt a fatal blow to the Land of Mountain's weakening economy, and stifling any attempts by the LOM to manufacture new weapons.
 
Soon Kuroudo and his team rejoined the war effort and marched into the Land of Mountains, soon the only stronghold left for the Land of Mountains was their capital. After three weeks of heavy artillery bombardment Kuroudo and Anasake led a small group of elite warriors into the capital, under cover of night they assaulted the castle and Kuroudo killed the LOM leader, thus ending the long war. The Land of Mountains surrendered unconditionally the next day.
 
Paradiseo kept most of the captured area from the war; including the mines and the desert region, gaining three new port cities in the process. The cost in lives of the war was large on all sides; Paradiseo lost nearly 40% of its male populace during the conflict and 35% of its female populace; The Land of Mountains suffered losses so great that they've nearly been wiped off the map, 80% of their populace died in battle or to the unforgiving nature of Paradiseo's lands. Of all the wars in the history of the ninja few between two nations can compare in loss of lives to the Three Year War, over three million men and women died in the forest of swords and the rain of bullets that became their conflict.
 
With the aftermath of the bloody conflict and the tactics used just beginning to reach the main land nations and the powder keg relationship between Paradiseo and the Land of Darkness still threatening to explode; nations like Konoha might be dragged into the brutal new style of combat pioneered by Paradiseo, in the next Ninja World War.
 
Now Paradiseo itself is both the name of the nation and the name of its capital city, the second largest city is Kuroudo's home town of Inugakure and the third is Mibu; Saito's hometown. Life in Paradiseo is centered on the home and family life, followed by warfare, every able bodied person in Paradiseo is expected to defend Paradiseo to the death; a practice with which they carry out frightening well, resisting opposing forces until their bodies are shredded to pieces. In Paradiseo's society homo and bisexuality are not frowned upon and polygamy is fairly common, especially in rural areas. With six months of every year being hellish snowstorms families tend to be tight nit and most men are married by age eighteen, same for girls. Also during the winter it is common practice for women to try and gain weight to help drive away the cold and to also prove that their husbands/lovers are taking care of them.
 
Government is largely uninvolved in the lives of its citizens in Paradiseo, they've always been more worried about the threat of war and they work hard to keep the military and economy working smoothly. As such, issues like `gun control', `abortion', `civil rights', `social programs' and other such issues are rarely heard of in Paradiseo's political arena. Under Paradiseo law anyone over the age of 16 can own any gun they want, and the law makes no distinction between owning and carrying a firearm, in modern Paradiseo society most people carry handguns like the Peacemaker revolver, the 686 .357magnum revolver or the Luger .45 openly and it is not uncommon to see several people carrying loaded long guns, the most common being the Mauser. Abortion is left to be the choice of the mother and father of the prospective child, the only exception is with ninja clans bearing kekkei genkai; which must follow the rules of their clan. Paradiseo law makes no mention of minorities except that no person can be denied equal rights because of their appearance or beliefs.
 
Paradiseo's prisons are filled with criminals of all walks of life and types of crime, Paradiseo is unforgiving in their system of justice unless the condemned person can make a convincing case as to why they are worthy of forgiveness. Executions are brutally common and are most often given to serial killers, traitors and rapists. Treason and rape are considered in Paradiseo to be the most heinous crimes one can commit and as such are almost always punished by firing squad.
 
Paradiseo's economy is booming with all the gained territory and mines they got in the war, plus with mainland nations begging for Paradiseo's military technologies they're just swimming in money. The Paradiseo Ryo is worth seven times what the mainland's is.
 
Random facts:
80% of the Henry Carbines Paradiseo sold to the Land of Mountains (60% of all the Henry Carbines used by the LOM troops) were brought back to Paradiseo as war trophies.
 
Paradiseo has no official religion
 
Paradiseo's “Spring Festival” is a celebration of the anniversary of the inauguration of the first Inukage.
 
Paradiseo's flag is called the “Red Moon” because it is a red circle against a black background.