Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Who Knew ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Twenty-five

Title: Who Knew

Disclaimer: Naruto doesn’t belong to me. Masashi Kishimoto is the soul owner. Also, the song ‘Who Knew’ belongs to Pink, not me. Arigatou!

Summary: Naruto traces back the years, wondering why he didn't see Sasuke's defection from a mile away. [No Pairing]

A/N: Yes, this little doozey has no pairing. Weird, I know. Well, in this, we’re only delving into Naruto-kun’s mind to see his thoughts on Sasuke defecting. ^_^ So this is serious. It’s a sad time for our favorite hyperactive blond. Please review! Ja!


If someone said three years from now
You’d be long gone
I’d stand up and punch them out
‘Cause they’re all wrong
I know better, ‘cause you said forever
And ever
Who knew?

“Who Knew” – Pink



They wouldn’t have known it back at the academy, but their teammate was going to leave them. Only did they realize it that it was too late. He couldn’t be pulled from the darkness; couldn’t be saved. And Naruto wondered why he hadn’t seen it beforehand. Sasuke had a different path than them; that much was clear now. He had to avenge his family at any cost, even if it was his own life.

Naruto could understand Sasuke’s feelings. Itachi, the bastard, had killed his own family, just to ‘test his skills’. But did he have to leave like that? Wanting to kill him and nearly succeeding. The Uchiha had said that Naruto was his closest friend, and that was why he had to die.

If someone told him a week earlier that Sasuke was going to leave, he wouldn’t have believed it. Sasuke was his best friend; there was no way he was going to leave. They still had to fight each other and see who was the better ninja. They just couldn’t leave it like Sasuke had. And it really wasn’t that fair of a fight. Naruto was nearly out of chakra from Kimimaro, and the other Sound four. He may have borrowed some of Kyuubi’s powers, but Sasuke seemed to be super charged from whatever the hell Orochimaru had done to him. The black marks over his skin had blended together, making it a sickly shade of gray. And the other boy had wings shaped like hands.

He wholly blamed Itachi for his teammate’s defection. If the elder Uchiha hadn’t went and massacred his own clan, then Sasuke would probably still be here with them, unless the dark haired boy was always destined to be messed up. He’d heard from Kakashi-and other reliable sources-that Sasuke’s father had been rough on him and Itachi. Who’s to say Sasuke would’ve ended up any better, if not for his father?

Naruto tried to forget about everything for a while. It didn’t work, because he still didn’t understand. He thought he knew Sasuke so well, and the dark haired boy turned out to be different.

Who knew?



~Owari~