Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Branded ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirty-seven

Title: Branded

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: Marks start showing up on Sakura's neck, and everybody - mainly Naruto - wants to find out who put them there. [InoSaku]




“Who are they from?! Who are they from?!” Naruto whined, as he danced around his pink haired teammate with his hands in the air. Sakura had shown up at Team Seven’s meeting point with a hickey spread across her collarbone. At first Naruto suspected Sasuke, but the dark haired boy had vehemently denied everything, much to his blond teammate’s relief. So Naruto had resorted to begging the girl who had put it there. So far she wasn’t caving and the blond was getting frustrated. “Come on, Sakura-chan!” The blond begged, latching onto the pink haired girl’s arm and giving her his best kicked puppy look.

“Shut up, Naruto! It’s none of you business.” The pink haired girl shoved him away half heatedly, and a crooked grin spread over her lips. He was so cute, the way he begged, but Sakura couldn’t afford to tell him. It was such an important secret that only she could know.

In truth, the hickey came from the least likely person to ever give her one. And it wasn’t even planned, really. But, then again, Ino was really touchy-feely when they were together. Especially when they were making out and the room felt like a sauna.

Sakura blushed darkly when she realized that Naruto and Sasuke were both staring at her with an eyebrow raised. She cleared her throat nervously and tried to change to subject.

“So, are you hungry?” She asked, pivoting on the spot and resting her hands behind her. Subject successfully changed, she watched as Naruto’s ears perked up.

“You bet! You gonna treat us to ramen?!” The blond boy turned into a small puppy as he started to circle around her again. She just rolled her eyes and laughed, glad that all of the attention was off of her. She’d have to talk to Ino later about leaving noticeable marks.

XxX

Her belly full of ramen, Sakura made her way home, all of her thoughts aiming on sleeping off all of the food and stress. All through diner, all Naruto could talk about was the hickey on her neck. Sasuke was only making things worse when he started to list off names, watching her reaction closely with a weird sort of interest. She only hoped, that if he said Ino’s name, she could keep her cool. He never did.

Sakura was just rounding the corner when she ran headfirst into someone else. The world was spinning for a moment before Ino came into view, smirking from ear to ear.

“Hey, Sakura.” She said coyly, moving to brush pink hair off the girl’s cheek. Sakura leaned into the touch unconsciously, letting her eyes fall shut. “I see that hickey I gave you. Did anyone bug you about it? What did you tell them?”

That rug of wonderful feelings was ripped out from under her as she remembered she was supposed to yell at Ino. “About that. You can’t leave marks that’ll stand out. It was all Naruto could talk about.” The pink haired girl wrapped her arms around Ino’s neck and let the blonde nibble on her collarbone. Those wonderful feelings were back, cutting off her thought process. “Don’t-Don’t leave any marks, okay?”

“Mmhmm.” Ino hummed against her throat, fingers slipping beneath the other girl’s top. She was completely content with the way things were going before a throat clearing made them jump apart.

“Well, isn’t this a surprise?” Sasuke came out of the shadows, a smirk playing around the corners of his mouth. He walked towards the surprised girls with his hands shoved into his pockets. “I never would’ve thought Ino was the one giving you the hickeys.”

“Don’t tell Naruto, please! He’ll never let it go.” Sakura put her hands together and bowed in front of her dark haired teammate. “Please, it’s a secret just between us.”

“I have secrets, too, you know.” Sasuke said, a hint of amusement in his voice. As soon as he finished talking, a loud, obnoxious voice sounded behind him.

“Dammit, Sasuke, you left another mark!” Naruto came out of the alley just behind Sasuke, a hand slapped over his neck like he was trying to hide something. The blond looked at Sakura and Ino confusedly, and then realization dawned on his face. “Ah! I get it! Ino left the hickey!’

“We’re going home, dobe.” Sasuke said, seizing the blond’s hand before he could make a big scene about everything. “Have fun you two.” He threw over his shoulder at the girls. They just blushed in answer.



~Owari~