Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Dance Inside ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirty-nine

Title: Dance Inside

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto. Also, the song “Dance Inside” belongs to The All-American Rejects. ^_^

Summary: A little dance in the rain. [NaruHina]

A/N: This is something of an AU. I don’t know it they do dances in Konoha or what, but I decided to make this take place at a dance of some sort. So…yeah. Review!


“I'll be fine
You'll be fine
This moment seems so long
Don't waste no precious time
We'll dance inside the song”

“Dance Inside” – The All-American Rejects



The gym was full of sweaty bodies rocking together to a slow song that he didn’t know. His date had left him, opting to dance with the school’s most popular bachelor. It sickened him to the point where he just had to get out of there. She was making googly eyes at him, while he just stood there, not really dancing and not even paying attention to the other angry girls swarming around them. He just stared listlessly at something off in the distance, or he was probably lost in his own stupid thoughts. Naruto didn’t even care. The smug bastard could have her.

Stupid Sasuke, Naruto thought, figuring he was done with this stupid dance. He downed the rest of his punch-he was surprised it wasn’t spiked-and left the gym with a tick forming in his eyebrow. He was so through with the stupid people in this school, and the idiots that paid for it. He clenched his fists as he walked through the double doors, and bumped into a girl just standing in the middle of the hallway.

“Watch where you’re standing.” The blond hissed without a second thought, moving around her and heading for the school’s front doors. He was stopped by a soft, inquiring call of his name. Frowning, the blond turned around and met the eyes of the last person he’d expected to see at a dance. “Hinata-chan?” Naruto gaped, surprise coloring his every word. He looked her up and down, swallowing thickly. She was dressed in a beautiful, dark blue dress that was strapless and heavily complimented her hair. Her pale blue eyes were outlined by kohl, and the lightest blue could be seen just on her eyelids. She was breath taking.

“H-Hello, Naruto-kun.” The shy girl stuttered, brushing a lock of dark hair out of her eyes. Of all the people to run into, she had run into her biggest crush. She was so embarrassed. “Where’s Sakura-san? She did come here as your date, right?” For some reason, the blond’s face scrunched up at the girl’s name and a tick formed in his eyebrow. “Oh. Did something happen?”

“She ditched me for Sasuke-bastard.” The blond huffed, crossing his arms over his chest, and glaring at the nearest plant. Hinata reached over to rub his arm, a small bit of comfort between two friends. “Ah, but it’s fine, I guess. I should’ve expected it.” The blond gave her a foxy grin before leaning over and gently kissing her cheek. “I’m going outside fort some air. You wanna come?”


“S-Sure.” The Hyuuga girl blushed darkly; taking his proffered arm and letting him lead her outside. It was raining heavily, but the air was still warm and humid. The lights in the parking lot were on, casting a sort of orange glow over the pavement. They stood there in silence for a few moments before Hinata decided she couldn’t take it anymore. “Would you like to dance?” She blurted out, louder than she would’ve liked.

Naruto raised an eyebrow at her, “There’s no music.”

“We don’t need music.” She offered shyly, reaching up to lock her arms around his neck. The blond boy moved to wrap his arms around her waist, holding her close, and started to sway to the imaginary music in his head. The more into it they got, the more they moved out of the cover of the canopy. Neither minded the rain, because they were having too much dancing inside of an imaginary song.



~Owari~