Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Puzzle Called War ❯ New Strategy ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dear Santa,
I want more fucking reviewers for Christmas. =)
 
Hmm…I have made a decision, but will not tell you what it is! If you want a hint, go to youtube.com and search `Higurashi - Funniest Moments' by RoboKenshiro. That's all I can really give you, so let your imagination go wild!! And yes, we all know I'm evil. Besides that…I'm crazy!
 
`There's a stranger in my house. It took a while to figure out…There's no way you could be who you say you are! You gotta be someone else! Cuz he wouldn't touch me like that. And he wouldn't treat me like you do. He would adore me; he wouldn't ignore me. So I'm convinced there's a stranger in my house!' [Stranger in my House- Tamia]
If looks could kill…that fool would be dead right about now…
 
Of course, I was glaring my eyes out at Gaara. But the most malicious look was from Zakura. She wasn't glaring. She wasn't seething. She just sat there, staring with a blank face in the corner of the room. But somehow, the vibes I felt from her stated otherwise. Even Gaara looked slightly uncomfortable under her stare.
 
“So, what are we going to do now? Our top player in the front line can't fight anymore. What now, oh wise, laid Kazekage?” I asked, sarcasm thick in my voice.
 
“We obviously choose someone else,” Gaara hissed, probably insulted at my attitude toward him. I rolled my eyes and looked away.
 
“And who might that be, Gaara?” Zakura said in a forced voice. Her eyes were narrowed and critical, but she still looked calm in that eerie way.
 
“That's what we're here for.” Gaara murmured. Her eyes flinched a little bit and she bounced up from her position. There was a giant crack in the floor where she sat.
 
“You don't need me then.” Zakura concluded, hopping out the nearest window. After a second, I heard a giant bash and the building shook. I leaned out the window and stared in awe. I could see her small fist embedded in the wall, with a huge dent around it and rubble everywhere…but no Zakura.
 
“Daaamn!” I shouted, ducking back inside. Everyone looked as surprised as I was.
 
“Okay….let's just get on with the meeting then.” Tsunade finally said, breaking the silence. We all looked intent now, listening to whatever suggestion she would make. I could tell she was disappointed that Zakura wouldn't be here, and so was I.
 
“We have to pick another person to lead the front line,” Gaara added. I scowled and leaned against the wall. There was no one that could replace Zakura on the front line, and everyone knew it.
 
Me?” Naruto and I shouted at the same time.
 
“Yes, you two. It would be perfect. You both have great leadership skills and since you know each other so well, your teamwork is flawless. This is an honor- be grateful!” Tsunade grinned, placing her hands on her hips.
 
“I wanted to stay behind to protect the village, Granny! That's an honor too!” Naruto yelled, pointing an accusing finger at her.
 
“Whatever…” I grumbled, crossing my arms. There was no point in arguing…she'd drag us by our feet to the front line just to fight anyway. “I wanted to stay in the medical ward…”
 
“Look, you both are the best candidates. You will be leading the attacks, and participating as well. Everyone else has his or her own duties, and you have yours. Deal with it.” Tsunade said, daring us to object. Naruto's mouth popped closed and his shoulders sagged in defeat. “Dismissed.”
 
I walked slowly to my house in no rush whatsoever. The front line, huh? That would be interesting. I could see it now- ambush and the take down. I'd have to learn some earth jutsu from Kakashi if I wanted things to go the way I wanted. That would take a while…Oh well!
 
“Lucky bastard…” Zakura muttered, walking in pace next to me like she was always there. I smirked.
 
“I'd rather you were there. It'd be more fun.” I shrugged. She punched my playfully in the arm, giving me a forced smile. “I know you're pissed about not being able to fight, but there has to be something else. You wouldn't be this mad.”
 
“Perceptive as always,” Zakura sighed. She stopped in the middle of the road and turned to stare at me. Her expression changed so quickly to erratic rage and I skipped back a few steps. Her eyes glinted weirdly against the moonlight.
 
“Is it something I did?” I asked in a squeaky voice. She shook her head no and clenched her fist to her sides.
 
“I hate…slick people.” Zakura growled, her expression turning even more violent. Her fingers flexed, looking like claws ready to strike. She suddenly grabbed her hair and crouched down shaking. Cracks appeared where was.
 
“Alright, alright!” I yelled, holding my palms up in a way of surrender. “Just calm down and tell me what's up!”
 
“He could've done anything else, Sakura. Anything! I wouldn't have listened anyway, but he could've still given it a shot. He's slick, Sakura, a sneak! He knew…he knew how much I wanted to be there! But he caught me off guard and now…gah!” Zakura shouted, pulling on her hair even harder.
 
I stared at her in shock and understanding. So Gaara pretty much planned that out. I could picture it in my head, the whole situation. He was a sneak, I already knew. I could tell the first time I met him those years back, his fighting style made it obvious. If you have a flaw, you make it up by being sly about other things. In his case, it worked and backfired at the same time.
 
“So…what are you gonna do then?” I asked after a while. She stood up with her expression still violent, but I saw a glint in her eyes this time.
 
“Oh, I'm fighting Sakura, you can count on that for sure.” Zakura grinned evilly. “I refuse to be left behind in a war that is so epic like this. I only have this chance to fight in some kind of crazy war if nothing ever happens again. Gaara can't stop me from having my fun.”
 
“Now that's the Zakura we all came to fear!” I grinned too, pounding my fist against hers. She finally laughed and smiled for real. “But how will you do that? The war is like two months away. You'll have a baby bump by then.”
 
“Feh! I'll be the crazy killin' bitch with the baby bump, that's all!” Zakura snorted. I gave her a flat look. “What?”
 
“You're insane, you know that?” I asked. She snickered and nodded. “And you're slick, too.”
 
“What can I say? I can be slick, but everyone else can't. Cause if they were, I couldn't be Miss Original!” Zakura said, laughing haughtily. My lip twitched.
 
“So you're really gonna keep the kid?” I asked, just to be sure. Her enthusiasm was lost.
 
“I don't take lives of those who don't have a chance to live.” She said quietly.
 
“Oh, really? I thought you were supposed to be the psycho killer!”
 
“I am. But just not with kids…they make the world go round- and me.”
 
“I beg to differ.”
 
There were so many things on my mind I couldn't keep track of all the chaos. All I knew was that karma was a bitch. There was no way in seven hells that the strategy for this stupid war would go perfectly. We had flaws that went unnoticed, until now.
 
“I feel raped…” I muttered, sprawled lazily on my couch. It was true; I did feel raped in a way. Everything that was mine, or so close to being mine, was slowly fading away. It was like my dignity was being stripped away, or I wasn't slowly unwinding who I really was. Rape.
 
“Did you honestly think this would be easy?” A voice asked. I smirked and looked up at glowing red eyes.
 
“You know, after all this time I've sort of known you, you never have the courtesy to simply knock.” I mused. He did his ever so famous `hn' and sat in the wooden chair a few feet way from me. “So, what brings you here? More riddles?”
 
“I've never given you riddles, Sakura. You just can't figure out what I mean by the things I say.” Sasuke said. I chuckled.
 
“Like I said, riddles. This whole time I've been thinking about attacking you for earlier, but I just can't. Can you explain that, oh riddle master?” I grinned in the darkness. I could see his red eyes roll.
 
“I didn't come here to make judgments either.” He answered.
 
“Then what did you come here for, Sasuke? Because, apparently, it was for some reason,” I said sharply. His eyes narrowed.
 
“Just for idle reason, is all,” Sasuke shrugged. I turned on the couch, my back facing him.
 
“You torture me.” I whispered. “Why must you keep appearing just to bring me agony? Do you enjoy watching me drown in pain?”
 
“I'm not a sadist. I came out of pure boredom, honestly. But I do come with a bargain, meaning I will fight.” He said quietly. He sat there, letting the bait quiver. I gave in and turned back around.
 
“What bargain?” I asked warily. He suddenly appeared in my face, and I could see his clearly from the glow of his eyes. His snowy white lips were tempting, but I was paralyzed on the couch.
 
“Help me rebuild my clan,” Sasuke said plainly. I blinked in shock, still paralyzed. Did he just say….what I think he did? I swallowed loudly and my eyes hardened.
 
“No,” I answered swiftly. My insides were screaming yes, but my brain was two steps ahead. I wouldn't give into his bidding.
 
“Are you afraid of commitment?” He probed me. I glared, seeing the two ways his question could've been asked.
 
“Sasuke.” I said. I stroked his cold cheek with my fingertips and searched his eyes for something different. All I could spot were his coldness and emptiness.
 
“Well?” He pressed. My hand came to an immediate stop as I realized something.
 
“What are you afraid of?” I countered. He froze under my touch and slowly backed away. I sat up and stared at him wide eyes. “Sasuke. There's something you're not telling me, isn't there. Stop being a shell all the time.”
 
“I don't know what you mean.” Sasuke growled. I slowly advanced toward him, sensing the lies behind his calm façade.
 
“You're lying; stop it. You can't keep running away all the time. Just open up and-” I stopped, getting a catch in my throat. I already knew what was the issue.
 
“Shut up,” He hissed. “Don't come any closer.”
 
“…Your brother.” I whispered in shock. He stood like a statue in front of me. “You know destroying the village is wrong. Itachi wouldn't want you doing that, there's no way. I can tell you want to listen to him. What's stopping you?”
 
Nothing. Stop bothering me!” Sasuke seethed. I gave him a death glare and stood on my toes to get in his face.
 
Stop bothering you?! You're the one that's bothering me! You came here with your stupid riddles and you're saying I'm bothering you? This was brought upon yourself for coming here!” I yelled.
 
“Well, I didn't come here expecting to be interrogated!” Sasuke yelled back. My temper flamed with all its glory.
 
“Ha! Expect the unexpected Sasuke, that's what being a ninja is all about! Maybe you shouldn't have come here at all!” I argued.
 
“I agree!” Sasuke shouted. I ground my teeth together in annoyance.
 
“I don't even know you anymore! At least all those years ago you were based on common sense. Now, you're erratic and unpredictable! You act like a child! Take shit like a man and do things for yourself for once!” I shouted back at him. His hand shot out at me, taking a mighty swing at me cheek.
 
“You know nothing!” He growled. I grabbed my stinging cheek in shock. I could feel my eyes twitch, and slowly become distorted into a look of violence.
 
“Get out! Get the fuck out now, you bastard! I don't care if you fight with us now! Go crawl somewhere and die, for all I care! All this time you've only seen my as some piece of shit called Sakura! Well guess what- the feeling's mutual! I hope someone grinds your face in the ground and snaps your neck! Fuck you!” I screeched. I fought the urge to smirk- I finally made him flinch.
 
He disappeared suddenly, before I could take a swing at him. My fist punched the air and I growled in annoyance. I ran towards my door and kicked it open, hoping to catch him before he ran off to his little rat hole.
 
“Don't bother coming back you ass!” I shouted into the darkness. I spit on the ground, wondering if he actually heard me. I hoped he did.
 
I stared at the cloak I stole from Sasori when I came back from the grounds after my `confrontation' with Itachi. I knew I told myself it could be useful, but for what? My hand stroked the red clouds, trying to come up with some kind of inspiration. Even if I wore it in the front line, there's no way anyone would believe that I was really part of the organization. But if I could just confuse them…
 
“I gots a plan!” I grinned widely. I draped the cloak over my arm and ran straight for my favorite hyperactive ninja's apartment. My fist pounded against the door, leaving small dents. “Naruto! Open up!”
 
“What…What?” Naruto mumbled, wiping the crap from his eyes. I blinked and waited for him to be coherent. “S-Sakura?”
 
“Damn Naruto, it's not that late…Anyway- I got a idea! We could use this,” I said eagerly, holding up the cloak in my hands.
 
“Where'd you get that?” Naruto asked. I shrugged and let myself in.
 
“Never mind that! We could use this to make a plan! Are you with me or what?” I demanded. He nodded quickly and shut the door. “Awesome.”
 
“Looks like we have a lot of work to do,” Naruto grinned foxily.
 
“Don't worry. You got me, remember?” I laughed. This could work, if it's done properly. I hope this distracts them long enough, I thought. Cause if it doesn't, we're toast…
 
---Naruto POV
 
Her plan was pretty awesome. Dress up as an Akatsuki? Classic.
 
“We shoulda thought of this earlier! This is soo gonna work!” I exclaimed. Sakura nodded and snickered when she looked at her outfit.
 
“But does it look believable?” Sakura wondered aloud. She cropped the cloak so it was a short top and a skirt with black attached leggings (they look like the ones from resident evil: extinction). The top still had the high collar on it and the sleeves were ripped off. She wore black leather gloves on her hands and nettings on her elbows. I shrugged.
 
“As long we have a distraction, who cares?!” I grinned. “And even if they don't believe it, you'll still look hot!”
 
“Naruto…” She said lowly, motioning me to forward. I did so and she grabbed my collar and wrenched me in her face. “If didn't know you so long as a knucklehead I would've kicked you in the balls! You feel me?”
 
“Yes, but I don't think I want to…” I mumbled, backing away. Sakura broke out into laughter and I joined her. I stared at her smiling face, wondering how long this happiness would really last. “Hey, Sakura…?”
 
“What is it?” She asked, still giggling a little. I sighed and put both hands on her shoulders to show her I was being serious.
 
“Are…Are you really gonna be okay? I mean, if it doesn't work out?” I asked. She stayed silent as she thought it over. I felt her shrug.
 
“Can't say now. He's not the same anymore, that's for sure. But…if I can handle it, who knows? There's something in me that keeps saying I don't feel the same way anymore. I don't get what that means. Am I not Sakura anymore? Would it kill me if I'm not?” Sakura whispered.
 
“Promise me,” I said. She looked up at me in confusion. “Promise me you'll survive, at least until after the war. Promise!”
 
“Until the last strike is given.” Sakura said fiercely. “I'll drop like a rag doll in the snow. I'll fade without a fighting chance, and you'll have to just watch me do it. Can you survive that?”
 
“I don't know but…you have to stay with me until then!” I demanded. She nodded and smiled weakly. “But you won't fight? At all?”
 
“Naruto, I've been fighting it for 3 years. What's the point now? I'm tired, Naruto.” She seethed.
 
“Tired of what?! Living? You sound like some old lady, jeez! Don't ever say that! You have a long life ahead of you! How can you stop like that?!” I shouted. She flinched and took a step back.
 
“It's not my choice. I may look fine on the outside, but on the inside I'm just caving in. I have my time limits, Naruto. This stupid life was spiked short, that's all.” She snapped back. My eyebrow twitched.
 
“So…what? After this war, it's the end. The end of you, just because of some crush! This might sound harsh, but that's pathetic, even for you.” I said honestly. Sakura stayed calm at my commentary and crossed her arms.
 
“I know, I know! But…I'm just shutting down automatically. I guess you could call it some crazy chain reaction to all this chaos. How can I put it? Maybe this whole thing is ridiculous. But things happen for a reason, I guess. Truthfully, I don't want to die but…there's just no controlling it!” Sakura cried. I groaned and slapped my forehead.
 
“Okay, whatever. We'll worry about it later, I got ya.” I sighed in annoyance. She grinned at me again and punched my shoulder.
 
“We should tell Tsunade what we came up with!” Sakura suggested. I grunted and headed for the door.
 
“WHOA!!” Tsunade shouted. I could tell she was drinking a lot of sake when her face got all flushed. She hobbled out of her chair and tripped a few times. “That's so cool!”
 
“Cool?! How much have you been drinking woman?” Sakura demanded. Tsunade shrugged and swayed closer to the both of us.
 
“This could work. Who knew you two could think up something so smart?! Sakura you look so cute…” Tsunade cooed. I saw Sakura's eye twitch and step back reflexively.
 
“Thank you?” She answered confused. “If you barf on this outfit I'll kill you, Hokage or not!”
 
“Yea, yea…Shizune!” Tsunade called. Her assistant came running in with her little pig Ton-Ton trailing behind her.
 
“Yes- What the hell?!” Shizune screamed. “Lady Tsunade, how many times do I have to tell you to stop sneaking out to get drinks!?”
 
“Whaaaaaat? But…but mom…!” Tsunade complained, draping her arm over Sakura's and sagging slightly. “I wanted to stay home and make cookies with you!”
 
“If you don't get off me I'll shove those cookies up your ass!” Sakura threatened. Tsunade lazily threw her arm off and stumbled backwards.
 
“How are we gonna eat them if you do that…? Mom, are you kinky again?” Tsunade drawled.
 
“This woman needs a friggin tranquilizer!” Sakura shouted. “What drugs are you taking?!”
 
“Don't worry, they're safe! I get them injected in the muscle in my ass! Wanna see?”
 
“…Ew!”
 
 
 
 
 
Yea…the ending was just random. But for real, she's not on drugs! Anyway, I have your feedback so bow down to the master!! BWYAHAHAHA -cough- Okay, evil laughter is not my thing, lol.
 
AnimePrincessInuLover: Yesss, she's prego. Were condoms even invented then…? Oh well, I'll say they had a memory lapse! XD
 
-Satans_Spawnishly_Daughter-: AWW!!! You have to tell me your username on that one! That was my shit!! Tie your brother to a tree with rabid squirrels! GAH! TELL ME MORE!!
 
LusterBlossomNumber2: Okay…I can guess who you are XD!! Zaara is a kewl name…I might use it- or change it around…=)
 
NOW FUCKING REVIEW.