Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Recruiting ❯ Recruiting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.
 
Summary: ANBU enrollment was at the lull of the century, and all members were currently out in the streets of Konoha, “recruiting.” {AKA: Lying to innocent civilians in the hope that they will send their poor, unsuspecting children to become ninja.}
 
Recruiting
 
Ah, the things she did for her job, Sakura thought with a sigh, giving her sign a half-hearted wave…
 
ANBU enrollment was at the lull of the century, and all members were currently out in the streets, “recruiting.” {AKA: Lying to innocent civilians in the hopes that they will send their poor, unsuspecting kids to become ninja.}
 
She looked to her left, where the beautiful Green Beast of Konoha was explaining the ANBU package of benefits to the civilians.
 
Free Clothing. Mainly, she internally edited, because the uniforms they offered were constantly being destroyed.
Dry Cleaning Service. Because they were getting splattered with blood, gore, and other unmentionables that were incredibly difficult to wash out of clothing.
Health Care. Because getting beat up while beating others up should be part of the job description. Really.
 
And, of course, the not-so-official benefits:
 
The best friends you'll ever have. Because saving each other/watching mutual friends die together/being saved by each other is the best bonding you can get.
Fame. Everyone, Sakura determined, wanted their nicknames {codenames} to become famous!
Fortune. They usually got “lucky money” once in a while. Completely off the record, of course.
Beauty. Because ANBU tattoos are, like, totally awesome! She almost gagged at her own chirpy voice.
 
And, of course, to all the young men.
 
Hot Girls. They're attracted to your muscle/scars, though they don't know that you're ANBU.
 
They things Sakura did for her job…
 
She glanced over at Tenten, who had to stand around all day holding a sword taller and heavier than she was. And then at Hinata, who had to sit under the stares of curious people despite her shyness, and Kiba and Akamaru, who had to deal with being treated like a pony.
 
The things they did for their jobs…