Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Respect & Understanding ❯ Sword Play can be fun! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. I'm just an obsessed fanfiction writer!
 
Chapter 8: Sword Play Can Be Fun!
 
The ANBU Orientation briefing had been rather long but sort of fun in the process. Sure she had been given the obligatory stack of paperwork to fill out, but she had also been given a blank mask to paint, a new uniform to try on, a new sword to pick out and last but not least her well anticipated tattoo.
 
Sakura was now fully clad from head to toe in ANBU fashion complete with a new sword on her back. The skin on her left arm was still a little raw when she donned her newly created mask. It was the sort of mask that Haku had once worn except at the top she had carved the leaf symbol and the only paint on the white mask were two vertical pink thick lines beneath each eye slit.
 
Currently Sakura was on her way to room 3b to meet her new squad. She had to admit that she was slightly nervous. No matter what she would have to fight along side these new strangers and there was certainly going to be a time when she would have to place her life in their hands.
 
Thoughts of the first team she ever joined as a ninja entered her mind as she walked down the empty corridor. A small sad smile found its way to her features as she walked into the designated room.
 
The lone occupant turned and faced her. The masked woman sat silently in her position seated at the round table. Sakura took in the sight of the long purple hair and the familiar cat mask. There was no mistaking it; this was Nozomu Sasaki, the very woman who had tried to slice her into tiny little pieces during the exam the other day.
 
Sakura watched as the woman pulled her mask on top of her head, Sakura did the same and they both shared a knowing smile. Sasaki was the first to speak.
 
“You have a nice talent. I have to say I didn't see it coming.”
 
The older woman seemed pleasant enough. Sakura took the seat across from her and held out her hand.
 
“Thanks, well I had to do something; your skills with the sword are exceptional. Haruno Sakura, nice to meet you.”
 
The woman extended her hand and Sakura noticed she had a firm grip just like her own.
 
“Thank you, Nozomu Sasaki, but you can call me Saki.”
 
Jus then another masked individual stepped into the room behind her. Sakura turned around as Sasaki greeted their new arrival.
 
“Yajima! You're early; meet our new fourth, Haruno Sakura. Sakura this is Akiko Yajima.”
 
Akiko Yajima pushed his mask to the right side of his head. He quickly reminded Sakura of a younger version of Umino Iruka, but without the scar across the bridge of his nose. He came closer and they shook hands and they shared a smile. She had to admit even his smile reminded her of the gentle ex-school teacher. Yajima took the seat next to Sakura.
 
Sakura's mother always told her that you could learn a lot from first impressions, but Sakura had learned from her many life experiences that this was not always the case. The members of team 7 were a perfect example.
 
At first glance Nozomu Sasaki was a normal kind woman, but she held air about her that whispered strength both in mind and body. Sakura felt that she was one of the few people that knew the true face of Nozomu Sasaki, having gone up against the skilled woman in battle. When her sword came unsheathed she left behind her womanly façade to unleash a cold metal furry, and that same fire reflected in her brownish black eyes.
 
She could only guess that the same applied to the man sitting beside her. Akiko Yajima, unlike Sasaki, looked to be about Sakura's age, if not one or two years older. Sakura had a rough estimate of how long Sasaki had been in the division because of what little knowledge she had been told about the woman all those years ago, but she could only guess in Yajima's case. She wondered if he too preferred to use the sword or if he had other talents hidden under that boyish smile.
 
“I still can't believe you got past Tobo like that. To have such strength as a weapon, boy I envy you Haruno Sakura.”
 
“Please call me Sakura, Yajima, but is it not against rules to discuss exam information?”
 
“Yes it is, but when it's just among the participants of that specific exam then its ok.”
 
Yajima openly laughed at Sakura's look of confusion. Sasaki took it upon herself to help out their befuddled fourth.
 
“You see Sakura, Yajima here was also one of your opponents during the exam.”
 
Needless to say, Sakura was still confused.
 
`But, I don't remember…'
 
Then her eyes took in the mask resting on the side of the young man's head. She carefully studied it while squeezing her brain to try to make some form of a connection. After a full minute of searching through the flashes in her mind, while her two team mates patiently waited, it came to her.
 
`A red and white dog mask…oh shit.'
 
Sakura had indeed caught a glimpse of such a mask that night. It had passed under her gaze for only the slightest of seconds before it went sailing by and….into that blast seal. Confusion changed to comprehension, which quickly turned to mortification. Yajima picked up on it and waved her thoughts off.
 
“Eh, no big deal, I'm still alive and in one piece, besides I'm sure you're gonna be paying me back soon since you're our new medic right?”
 
Sakura smiled gratefully in return.
 
`If Yajima can forgive me for almost killing him and Sasaki doesn't hold a grudge for getting the upper hand like I did, well this squad may not be so bad!'
 
So Yajima did have something hidden beneath that boyish smile. His use of his chakra leaden wires was exceptional and somewhat close to sadistic if she was truthful. After she had cut the wire around her legs it was like he had been playing with her. Then a memory of that night hit her and she had to ask.
 
“But didn't that big guy call you Nikomo?”
 
“Oh yeah, that was my code name for the night.” Sakura just nodded her head.
 
Sasaki looked at her watch and then at the door. She sighed before deciding to join in the conversation.
 
“I have to admit, the captain's strategic move of placing us in the exam was rather brilliant. It gave us ample time to get to know our possible fourth's skill level. He had informed us that you had apprenticed under the current Hokage of course, but he told us not to let that interfere with our initial assessment. I have to say that I find that you bring her much honor.”
 
“Yeah, I'm glad we're on the same side, although now we're going to be sparring partners.”
 
Yajima playfully slapped her shoulder while Sakura beamed from all the praise.
 
“Speaking of the Captain, it's almost about that time.”
 
Yajima was glancing down at his watch and then laced his fingers behind his head and leaned back in his chair in wait. Sasaki sat with her legs crossed with one foot bouncing impatiently under the table while her arms rested comfortably on its surface. Sakura looked down at her own watch and saw that it read 7:59am.
 
Their Captain was obviously late and this brought back a few sentimental memories. Suddenly, Sakura felt like she could have kicked herself. During this entire time she hadn't even thought to question her new teammates about their leader.
 
From what little she had gathered, she thought it safe to say the man was at least highly intelligent. He also had to be very talented to be the leader of these two elite shinobi.
 
“So who's our captain and what's he like?”
 
Yajima was the first to speak. He had hastily let his chair legs fall back to the floor and scooted to the edge of his seat. His excited behavior momentarily frightened Sakura and she mentally scolded herself for being caught off balance so easily.
 
“Sakura you're in luck, our captain's the best! Check this out! Once I saw him take on ten enemy ninja solo with a shoulder wound! This is other time he told me and Saki here to go on ahead after we got ambushed right? He said that he'd follow later, but I thought he was seriously done for, but you know what? A few hours later he arrives at our designated meeting point all bloody and stuff and guess what? Most of the blood wasn't even his! Man, it was great!”
 
Yajima sat there in positive rapture thinking about the memory while Sasaki rolled her eyes at him and smiled at Sakura.
 
“You'll have to forgive Yajima. He's somewhat of a fan of our esteemed Captain, more like obsessed really…”
 
Yajima scowled at the pretty plum haired woman.
 
“I'm not obsessed! I just happen to have high respect for our Captain, ok? Don't listen to Saki, Sakura. Anyway, maybe you've heard of him. I wouldn't doubt it since he's pretty famous you know. They say once you get your name in the bingo book every one knows who you are and he's had his name in there for a very…”
 
Sasaki sighed. She knew if she didn't speak up, the fanatical young man would go on forever.
 
“Our captain is Hatake Kakashi, some call him the Copy Ninja or Sharingan Kakashi. I however just call him late…”
 
Sakura sucked in a breath as her eyes went wide. She couldn't believe she hadn't seen the signs. Inner Sakura had conjured up a book that looked highly familiar with its orange cover and started smacking her self repeatedly in the head. Yajima looked thrilled at her expression.
 
“So, you've heard of him I take it!”
 
“Yeah, you could say that…”
 
“I was surprised too when I first joined the team a year ago. Oh man, he's something else.”
 
`Oh he's something else alright...'
 
The pieces began to fit as she thought over the last few days. She now understood how he had known when her test was, the reason his writing had been on the scroll, and the reason Ibiki had known what memories to use. That part pissed her off.
 
Then she thought further. He had probably been reading on his roof to wait for the exam to end. He had probably been at the hospital to check on not only her but his teammates as well. She had been told at the start of her exam that there was only one opening left for a medic ninja. Kakashi had known this entire time that she was applying for a position on his team!
 
`That rat bastard….wait does that mean Naruto knew as well?'
 
Her secret plotting was soon interrupted as another masked ninja entered the room with a raised hand.
 
“Yo.”
 
Sakura sat dumbfounded as her two teammates greeted their captain without any mention of him being late. Then she kicked her self; she reasoned that the two had probably grown accustomed to his antics by now. She chimed in her good morning as she watched mesmerized as the masked man slid his black and white yin and yang mask onto his unruly silver hair.
 
She had seen him like this before of course, but only in a bloodied mess on those rare occasions when he had been brought into the hospital. Like all ANBU, when not on duty they were required to wear the regular blue and green Jounin uniform and when they were on duty in their ANBU outfit they were required to wear their masks while around civilians. So seeing this side of Kakashi, in full ANBU gear, complete with a mask was a sight to behold.
 
`…and not such a bad sight at that…'
 
She had to admit that he had always looked intimidating before hand, but coupled with the sleek black and white outfit that clung to him like a second skin, well this was just …scarey…and yet…somehow entirely se…
 
`… Out of the question…'
 
Sakura mentally and physically shook her head to clear her disturbing thoughts. There was no way in hell she was going to let that train of thought continue. She was glad no one noticed her little episode. She tried to focus on what her new Captain was saying.
 
“I see you've already started the introductions. That's good.”
 
Unbeknownst to Sakura, Kakashi was battling with his own inner demons. He had definitely noticed the way the pink haired Kunoichi's uniform seemed to suit her. He knew his weakness and he knew it well, Hatake Kakashi was a sucker for a woman in uniform.
 
He had thought Sakura looked sexy last night but his corrupted hentai mind thought that she looked even deadlier in their skin tight black and white uniform. Kakashi knew the source of his new found fetish. It was entirely Icha-Icha Tactic's fault.
 
Jiraiya had drawn a very interesting illustration of a busty Kunoichi with half her uniform ripped to shreds from her fight with her similarly clad female enemy. Needless to say that provocative picture had become his favorite and had kept him entertained on nights like….well last night.
 
`Damn that Ero-sennin…'
 
Kakashi nonchalantly tore his gaze away from Sakura and mentally told him self to stop salivating. The three had caught on to his pause and stared at him questioningly. Kakashi rubbed the back of his head and smiled. He figured he'd better start his customary greeting to get the ball rolling.
 
“Ok, Haruno Sakura welcome to the squad. Since you already know who I am I'll skip ahead and tell you what I expect from you.”
 
Sakura already knew what he was going to say next and he didn't disappoint. She vaguely wondered why he hadn't mentioned to the other two that he had trained and worked with her before. She chalked it up to not showing favoritism. She listened intently as he turned every shade of seriousness.
 
“In my squad we work as a team. If you fail to do so, I won't hesitate to kill you myself. That is my only rule.”
 
`Wow straight to the point, I like his new spin on it…it just screams…scary.'
 
“If you pull your weight and do you're job, you'll do just fine. If not…well…”
 
Kakashi crossed his arms and laughed that same dark menacing laugh he had used before telling team 7 that 66 percent of their graduated class would be sent back to the Academy. Sakura shivered slightly.
 
“…let's just say you don't want to see me angry. It might be the last sight you ever see.”
 
The air around her seemed to drop 20 degrees as silence reigned in the small meeting room. Sakura unfortunately had seen the Copy Ninja angry on several occasions during her time on both Team 7 and Team Kakashi. Thankfully that steely murderous gaze had never been directed toward her. She remembered the menacing glare Kakashi had sent toward Sasuke that day and she never wanted to see that look in his eyes again. It stayed like that for just a couple more seconds until Kakashi broke the silence with a cheerful smile.
 
“So! On today's schedule the first thing we have is sparing. There's no better way to get acquainted with a new teammate then to test out their skills. It's also a great way to promote teamwork so…let's go! Meet at the usual training grounds in 10 minutes.”
 
XXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
A few hours later Sakura was hot, sweaty, and ready to die right there in the middle of the field. She was on her back, panting for breath while staring up at the sun. She found out the hard way that sparring on “Dragon Squad”, so named by their captain, wasn't really sparring at all, but a constant battle for your life.
 
She had expelled the last of her chakra from her body by healing the various injuries the squad, including her self had attained. The other three were worn out as well, but not to the same extent that she was. This was undoubtedly a normal spar for them, but unlike the other three she had used up a great amount of her stamina in healing so she didn't feel too bad about her condition.
 
Yajima flopped down in the grass next to her and wiped the sweat from his brow. Sasaki sat a few feet from them under the shade of a tree cleaning her weapon and Kakashi stood hunched over a few feet in front of her. It was oddly gratifying to see her new Captain tired out.
 
They had played a game of tag team and changed the teams up every hour. Sakura found she worked really well with both Yajima and Sasaki. It wasn't surprising that the team work between herself and Kakashi had come so easily. Their team had defeated Yajima and Sasaki easily, but really in the last few hours anyone who had been on Kakashi's team had come out the victor.
 
`That man is something else…'
 
Sakura watched as Kakashi yanked off one long black glove and straighten up. She watched as he dragged his newly bare hand through his sweat damped hair. She tried with all her might to pry her eyes away as he tiredly pulled on the glove again.
 
Secretly Sakura had always thought the long black gloves that stopped a little ways below the shoulder were the sexiest thing that came out of Konoha Village. They just had this way of making the flesh between the glove end and the white shoulder straps look even more alluring. The tattoo just heightened the sight. Yajima's voice broke through her haze.
 
“Looks like your gonna fit in with us just fine, Sakura.”
 
Sakura turned her head in the grass to smile up at the young man sitting beside her. Then she heard Sasaki's voice call out from her other side.
 
“Yeah, no kidding, Sakura and I almost had your ass Yajima if the captain hadn't of butted in and saved you. You should be kissing his feet right now, because if it wasn't for him I might have run you through with my sword.”
 
Sasaki punctuated her sentence with a laugh. Yajima scowled over in her direction and then looked sheepishly over to Kakashi who had this look like she-has-a-point. All in all, Sakura felt like she did fit in here. She liked the playful banter between Yajima and Sasaki and she couldn't be happier having Kakashi as a leader again, even if he hadn't told her this before hand.
 
“Sasaki I want you to teach Sakura the basics of sword style. I want you two to start up a training regime after our daily workouts. I'll cut our sparring sessions down by an hour so you two have some energy afterwards.”
 
“Sure thing Captain.”
 
Sasaki turned to smile at Sakura. She hoped this was a good thing. The woman fought as if her sword was an extension of her body. Sakura only hoped she survived. Kakashi turned to the two women as he stretched out his back.
 
“This doesn't mean that you can slack off during our regularly scheduled training time. I expect you two to give it your all, understood?”
 
“Hai.”
 
“Hai”
 
`Ever the hardass…'
 
His words hadn't made her angry; on the contrary they made her rather nostalgic. Sakura smiled as she moved to a sitting position.
 
“Good session today. Ok, same time same place tomorrow unless the Hokage has something else for us planned, in which case I'll be sure to inform you.”
 
Yajima hopped to his feet and quickly put out a hand to help Sakura up. She gratefully accepted. She set about brushing the dirt and grass from her behind when she heard him clear his throat nervously beside her.
 
`No way…'
 
“I was wondering if you wanted to, I don't know… hang out later. That is, maybe we could get a drink or something if you're not too busy.”
 
Sakura if anything was rather flattered. It had been quit sometime since she had been asked out like this. Usually it was preplanned and Ino's doing no less. The only person who had shown even the slightest bit of interest lately had been Shino and of course Genma, but she didn't want to be reminded of that…ever.
 
Sakura mulled it over for a moment before deciding that one drink couldn't hurt, if anything she could find out more about her teammate. She argued that she was doing her part for Kakashi's whole philosophy of teamwork.
 
Sasaki shook her head at the young man's attempt to woo their new teammate. He had just met her a few hours ago; he hardly knew anything about her except that the pink haired one could seriously kick his ass with her own help of course. It was never a good idea to have relations with a teammate…As she looked down at her gleaming blade she smiled in a reminiscent way.
 
`…but then again Hayate and I had been much the same back then…'
 
Kakashi had been in the process of forming seals to make his departure when he caught sight of the blushing young male and the surprised looking kunoichi. Needless to say hand movement came to a halt. Now, it has to be known that it was not out of some sort of twisted possession or jealousy that Kakashi chose to speak up.
 
It was out of team preservation. He had seen more than one team and mission fall apart because personal feelings got in the way. There was nothing worse than seeing some one fall to pieces because their actions lead to the death or deaths of others because they were too caught up in their lovers own safety.
 
Kakashi knew that Sakura was a smart girl, but he also knew that Yajima was easily influenced by woman. It took ninja like him self years to harden his heart enough to send the women packing after a night of lust filled passion. He knew that Yajima was not there yet and if Kakashi was truthful he wouldn't want Sakura to be one of those women.
 
He knew Sakura well enough to know that her heart was scarred and not something to be played with. This was his reasoning as he walked up to the pair and put a gloved hand on each of their shoulders.
 
“Sakura I was wondering if I could have a word with you. Yajima and Sasaki you two go on ahead.”
 
Sakura ever the intelligent one, caught on to what Kakashi was doing and smiled up at him somewhat relieved. Inner Sakura went about beating herself in the head with the same suspicious book as before.
 
`I guess the thought that someone was interested must have turned my mind to goo for a moment there. How could I have forgotten such a key element?'
 
Yajima seemed to come to his senses once his highly respected Captain had intervened. The look in the older shinobi's eye and the slight pressure Kakashi's hand had put on his shoulder had helped remind him to stop what ever he had been thinking.
 
When Yajima and Sasaki were a few yards away Sakura eyed Kakashi rather suspiciously.
 
“Aren't you going to `poof' like you usually do? Or did we tire you out too much?” She smirked at his narrowed eye.
 
“I still retain a large amount of my chakra unlike our out of shape medic.” Sakura tried to hit his shoulder but he moved away in a blink of an eye to reappear on her other side to emphasis his statement.
 
“Sorry, but this medic drained most of her strength from healing her teammates, and her Captain. Isn't that part of the teamwork you were threatening me about earlier?”
 
Kakashi chuckled. He knew it had been sort of unnecessary to do so in her case but he wasn't about to change his routine now. Then he remembered why he chose to talk with her and became serious.
 
“Sakura, I wanted to talk to you about Yajima…” She beat him to the punch.
 
“Look, I know what you're going to say and… I know. I let the moment go to my head for a second. Don't worry I'm not interested and even if I were I know that it's not the best idea to get involved with a teammate. You and I both know I fully understand that fact…”
 
Silence hung in the air around them as they both thought of the memories her words had stirred up. Team Kakashi had went their separate ways for that very reason. It was a sore spot for both Sakura and Kakashi in a way. Kakashi had understood the reasoning; he knew the blonde would not be able to concentrate if Sakura was with him especially since she had finally reciprocated his affection; it seemed like so many years ago. In truth it was.
 
“I'm aware. I'm just doing my duty as Captain.” Kakashi sighed.
 
“I also wanted to let you know that I did want to tell you about your placement before hand…” Sakura waved him off.
 
“Eh, don't worry I understand. You were just doing your job.” Kakashi grunted in response as they started walking toward the back door of the Jounin HQ. Then she laughed to herself. Kakashi looked at her out of the corner of his eye.
 
“Did you know you have a fan club?” Sakura smirked evilly at the ninja beside her. Kakashi scratched the back of his head thoughtfully.
 
“Fan club, what do you mean?” Sakura couldn't suppress the bought of giggles that followed.
 
“I asked Yajima what my new Squad Captain was like this morning and he almost jumped out of his chair with excitement. He actually started reciting the exciting bits of old `war stories' to me!” Kakashi rubbed the back of his head slightly embarrassed.
 
“eh ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, kids these days….” Sakura's look of amusement turned to incredulous.
 
“I mean, he's been with you what a year now? You'd think the whole famous Copy Ninja thing would have worn off already. Besides hasn't he learned that your eternally tardy, your posture is atrocious, you have the emotional range of a teaspoon, and you read pornography in public!”
 
Sakura turned to the object of her conversation to find him glaring daggers at her. She quickly thought about what she just said.
 
`Eh, screw it…I'm right…'
 
She gave him a challenging look before heading inside the building. After she made her way down into the ANBU section to change she looked over at Kakashi to find him reading said pornography. She scowled.
 
“You know that stuff will rot your brain.”
 
“Yes, but that's why we males were given two.” Kakashi winked at her as he went into the men's changing room. Sakura stared at the spot Kakashi had just vacated. She was trying hard to fight down her burning blush.
 
`I do believe that was the first time he's ever said anything like that around me….much less to me.'
 
She never thought she'd ever associate the word “cute” with Hatake Kakashi, but as she made her way into the woman's changing area the word had came to mind. It was the only way to describe the look he had just given her and it bothered her immensely that it didn't bother her more….
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
The next days sparring session went on in much the same way as before. They had played their game of tag team, and once again whoever was on Kakashi's team had come out victorious. He had ended practice an hour earlier as he had promised and Sakura and Sasaki had started their new training session.
 
Yajima had already left for the day but surprisingly to Sakura's dismay Kakashi had stayed under a guise of supervising their session. Both women had rolled their eyes knowing damn well what that meant.
 
`That's Kakashi speak for `I'm going to sit under the shade of a near by tree and read my precious dirty little book to my hearts content.'
 
And read he did. Sakura would occasionally catch a dark orb watching their progress, but mostly he was entranced with the pages in front of him. Of course she didn't have much time to look in his direction though, because even the slightest loss of concentration could earn her a nice slash. She was already sporting a few.
 
Kakashi had decided to stay to do as he had stated. He was their Captain after all and as such it was his duty to supervise his “troops”. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the two Kunoichi in their current sliced up state resembled the illustration before him. No it was nothing like that.
 
`Oh, ho ho!'
 
The voice in his mind sounded suspiciously close to that of a certain white haired famous Legendary Senin. This was the closest thing Kakashi was going to get to having his precious chapter being played out in live action. It was still too early for this particular book to be made into a movie. They were just showing Ich-Icha Stealth in the theaters. Why they decided to skip around volumes he had no idea….
 
He watched entranced as Sasaki dodged a rather clumsy assault from Sakura to parry back with her own strike. Kakashi could feel his heart pumping as Sakura received a nice slash from the top of her hip to the inside of her thigh. Sakura's speed was enough to actually save her from bloodshed, but not fast enough for a small slice of skin to peek through.
 
In so many ways this felt wrong to Kakashi, but in so many more ways it felt right to his perverted mind. He silently argued that it wasn't like he was doing anything wrong per say.
 
`I'm just doing my duty as Squad Captain…what's the harm in having a little added perk to it anyway?'
 
Oddly Kakashi wondered why he had never gotten so…excited before when Yajima would help Sasaki practice. After a minute he reasoned that the older woman was much more skilled with the weapon and there for didn't receive as many slashes. Kakashi also reasoned that Sasaki had not been the one he had been caught ogling in the bar that night either.
 
`Sakura was the one I was ogling and am mostly ogling now. Maybe it's because she's such a taboo for me, maybe that's what makes her so…attractive, so….sexy…so…wanted.'
 
Two shadows suddenly descended upon his form. Kakashi came out of his daze to look up at his two teammates. Kakashi dropped his book and tried in vain to keep his eye from becoming as large as a ramen bowl.
 
There before him stood not only Sasaki with tight black and white uniform torn and sliced in a few spots but Sakura as well and it obviously looked as though Sakura had lost. The pink haired woman's outfit was more or less a tattered rag. Sakura looked down at her Captain in obvious concern.
 
“Oh my god, Kakashi, you're bleeding!”
 
Kakashi's lashes fluttered a few times as he took in her words. He quickly looked down to assess the location of his wound and found none. It was only when Sakura rushed forward, yanked his mask down and stuffed a conspicuously hidden handkerchief to his nose did he realize.
 
Sasaki snickered from behind her and realization set in for Sakura. The blush that Kakashi couldn't hide since his mask was down confirmed her suspicions. Sakura quickly flew to a standing position and backed away in surprise. A single word flew into Kakashi's mind.
 
`Shit…'
 
Sakura was thrown for a loop. Hatake Kakashi, the man she had known since she was twelve, the famous elite ninja had just been thinking dirty hentai thoughts while watching her and Sasaki sword fight! Sasaki she could understand because she was a very beautiful woman but…
 
`Me…?'
 
She wasn't sure how she felt about this but then again her old friend came back in leaps and bounds…anger.
 
Unfortunately for Kakashi, Sakura had finally found her voice. She did not sound happy in the slightest.
 
“I-I…can't …I can't believe you! Oh my god…I never would have thought…. I mean…but this is you we're talking…My god…You're worse than Ero-sennin!”
 
With that said she quickly turned around and stomped angrily back to the Jounin HQ building. They could still hear her hurling obscenities as she stomped further away.
 
Kakashi sighed while holding her handkerchief to his bloodied nose and lowered his head in shame. He had totally forgotten that Sasaki was still there. Sasaki found the whole thing rather amusing. At the age of 36, she found men's antics to be troublesome but also highly amusing at the same time.
 
She couldn't really complain, it wasn't like he had been staring at her, but she had to admit that she had been shocked. Hatake Kakashi had never been one to do such a thing before or at least had never been caught doing so and she had known the man for years. It was so unlike him, but then again she had gotten an added perk.
 
She got to see their Captain's face, well at least for the few seconds before Sakura had shoved the handkerchief to his nose. Sasaki laughed to herself as she kicked his leg to let him know she was still there.
 
“Don't worry she'll cool off, but you know, you really should apologize to her since you are our Captain after all.” Her next thought made her giggle as she slowly walked away.
 
“You know something Kakashi….you really are one sick puppy….” Sasaki quickly picked up her pace as she burst out laughing. Kakashi's head fell even further. Not only had he lost all respect from Sakura in that one moment, he had also lost some of his credibility as their Captain in Sasaki's eyes. Kakashi sighed.
 
`I am aren't I …?'
 
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
 
Author's Footnote:
 
I just…I just had to do it! I came across the cutest icon today and it happened to be a “Kakashi Nosebleed” one! It is what inspired this entire chapter. I hope you don't mind. XD
 
Ok Next Chapter!
 
Finally a mission! What? Kakashi still hasn't gotten around to apologizing! Well, when the hell is he planning to! Sasaki said what about their Captains face! Why is Sakura's eye twitching like that…?
 
Next up!
 
Awkward and Dangerous!