Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Rock Star ❯ Chapter 11: 2 Minutes To Midnight ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rock Star
By: Stephen
 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto
 
 
 
Chapter 11: 2 Minutes To Midnight
 
In the nightclub, there was a lot of noise and people were moving all over the place. Some were seen at the bar, drinking and laughing, some of which were just common drunks. People danced as lights flashed and the dj could be seen nodding his head to the music and preparing the next song.
 
In the back, Rasengan with their new lead singer could be seen speaking to the nightclub's manager. Their instruments and equipment were being unloaded and prepared by the nightclub staff.
 
“Look, just make sure it isn't boring. We paid you guys to keep this place entertained, and- wait a minute…Where the hell is your lead singer?!” said the manager.
 
“Well um, we needed to talk to you about that.” said Sasuke.
 
“No. No way. There's no way you can just play the songs without a fucking singer!! What the hell am I supposed to do?!”
 
“No no, we have a singer….This is Snow, she is a fantastic singer and-” was all Sasuke could say before he was cut off by the frustrated manager.
 
“A GIRL?! THIS IS IRON MAIDEN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!! NOT EVANESCENCE!!”
 
“Hey! I am a good singer! I can sing Iron Maiden; I made a damn tribute band dedicated to them! It's called Maidens of Iron, and yes the band gave us permission to use that name. The band themselves said we were good and they enjoyed hearing their songs sung in a different style!” said Snow.
 
“What? No look, what the hell happened to your singer?!”
 
“He got in an….uh, accident…” said Shikamaru.
 
“No! Damn it! I'm just going to have to call this off. People are going to leave when they find out that the lead singer of an Iron Maiden band is a girl.”
 
“No! You can't call this off! We will do well, I promise!!”
 
“No, just call me when your other singer is back. I'll have to tell the- OH!”
 
“Listen, pal. If you don't let us do this gig, then something bad will happen.” said Gaara in the manager's face with his hands on his collar.
 
“Gaara, please don't do this…” said Shikamaru.
 
“Get off me! Please! Besides, if you threaten me, I'll call security.”
“I'll do more than threaten. You're making the wrong person angry. I'm the Kazekage.” Gaara moved forward causing the man to back up into a place where people couldn't see them and the band followed.
 
“Th-the….the Kazekage?! Oh….Well, I don't care if you're the freaking lord of Japan! I'll call security! Hel-AGGHH!!” was all the stubborn and scared manager could say before Gaara reacted.
 
“Sand Coffin!” he said as sand wrapped around the man and encased him in a tight, sandy prison.
 
“Gaara!! NO!!” said Kiba frantically as he ran to Gaara but was stopped by a wall of sand.
 
“Relax,” said the angry shinobi, “I'm not going to kill him.”
 
“Yeah, well you're going to get us in major trouble never the less!” said Sasuke.
 
“RELAX.” repeated Gaara. “We'll do the show until someone finds him and we get kicked out. Besides, I made it so air can get in and out, but his sounds are still repressed. He'll live, and the sand will release him in 2 hours if no one finds him.”
 
“Ok…but we are blaming you if the authorities get into this…” said Shikamaru.
 
“He's too scared to call the authorities, because he'll be afraid that I'll go nuts if he does. Besides, I'm the Kazekage. I can easily make up a story of why I did it and be believed by the majority because of my power…though that isn't right. He'll just kick us out and hope for his sake that I don't return.”
 
“Well Gaara, I'm actually glad that I have a friend with so much power.” said Sasuke. “It's a great thing to have in tight situations.”
 
“Thanks?” said Gaara.
 
“Alright, c'mon! Let's get started!” said Kiba.
 
“Hey you guys!” said the assistant manager. “We're ready for you. Where is Jack (manager)?”
 
“Oh…uh, he had some urgent business to attend to at home. He said you are in charge of everything for now.”
 
“…..YES!! That bossy bastard is gone! Finally! Don't worry; I know you guys took care of him.”
 
“What?!” said the 5 in unison.
 
“Well you guys look a little panicked, I know that Gaara has a temper and can control sand…and I saw the whole thing.”
 
“Shit….” said Sasuke.
 
“No! Don't worry! I understand! I'll cover for you guys and make sure he isn't found.”
 
“Wow, thanks!” said Snow.
 
“Alright, you guys get out there! They are waiting for you!”
 
The band got their instruments and was prepared to get on stage to perform. “And without further delay, here is Chidori!” said the dj. They had given the club a false name in case something bad happened. The band stepped out and people clapped in response, though some looked unimpressed.
 
Snow took the mic and proceeded to talk to the audience. “Alright! How is everybody doing tonight?” Some cheered but it was a small amount and some just continued to stare. “Well then, this is Ra- I mean…uh, Chidori! We are here to play some Iron Maiden for you tonight!”
 
People just stared and looked shocked as some people could be heard saying things like `A girl?!' or `Uh, Bruce Dickenson is a guy!' “I know, I'm a girl. But I myself am in another Iron Maiden tribute band that is all girls. With the bands approval, we called ourselves Maidens of Iron. The band said they liked our different sound, and I hope ya'll do too! Actually, the normal lead singer for this band is a guy. Unfortunately, he had an…um, accident and I took his place with his and the band's approval. Ok, without any further delay, here is our first song. It's called Prowler! Hit it guys!”
 
Sasuke began the song with a plain rhythm guitar riff for 2 measures and then Gaara came in with a `face-melting' (1) riff. The bass was loud and the drumming came in short bursts in the first few measures and then the song picked up as Snow began to sing.
 
“Walking through the city, looking oh so pretty,
I've just got to find my way.
See the ladies flashing. All their legs and lashes.
I've just got to find my way.

Well you see me crawling through the bushes with it open wide.
What you seeing girl?
Can't you believe that feeling, can't you believe it,
Can't you believe your eyes?
It's the real thing girl.

Got me feeling myself and reeling around,
Got me talking but feel like walking around.

Got me feeling myself and reeling a...
Got me talking but nothing's with me...
Got me feeling myself and reeling around.”
 
The band then repeated the lyrics over once more as the audience watched in excitement. Though the song was a song meant to be sung by males as can be understood through the lyrics, Snow chose the song simply because it sounded completely awesome. She hoped no one thought she was a lesbian due to the “feeling myself” line and talking about other girls. That would be VERY awkward. The audience didn't seem to mind though, and people really enjoyed the song as it went into a guitar solo. Sasuke and Gaara switched in the middle of the solo and Sasuke finished off the solo before they went back into the main chorus. The last part of the song was finished and Kiba and Gaara finished off the song. Kiba hit his cymbals rapidly and then hit his bass drum as Gaara played out a final, short guitar note.
 
“Thank you! I hope you liked that!” said Snow as some of the audience cheered and clapped. They then went through several songs; The Trooper, Wasted Years, Paschendale, The Evil That Men Do, and then preceded to 2 Minutes To Midnight. “Here goes one I know you'll love! 2 Minutes To Midnight!” The bass started the song with some light drumming in the background before the guitars picked up the bass riff and twisted it into a slightly different riff. Then Snow came in with the singing.

Kill for gain or shoot to maim
But we don't need a reason
The golden goose is on the loose
And never out of season
Some blackened pride still burns inside
This shell of bloody treason
Here's my gun for a barrel of fun
For the love of living death.
 
The killers breed or the demons seed,
The glamour, the fortune, the pain,
Go to war again, blood is freedoms stain,
But don't you pray for my soul anymore.
2 minutes to midnight
The hands that threaten doom.
2 minutes to midnight
To kill the unborn in the womb.

The blind men shout let the creatures out
Well show the unbelievers
The napalm screams of human flames
Of a prime time belsen feast...yeah!
As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy,
We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.
 
The body bags and little rags of children torn in two
And the jellied brains of those who remain to put the finger right on you.
As the madmen play on words and make us all dance to their song,
To the tune of starving millions to make a better kind of gun.
 
Midnight…All night…”
 
The evil tone of the song caught everyone's attention and made it so almost every eye was on the band. T=Snow then said “Creepy song, eh? I'm glad it got your attention!” Yeah, it sure did get the audience's attention, especially with the great harmonies and vocals, wailing and relentless guitar riffs and solos, the heavy bass, and the nonstop drumming. The band was good alright, and the audience was in shock. Though some remained skeptical like the drunks and continued to drink or do whatever.
 
“Alright, here's a song I know all you Maiden fans remember! It's called, Number of the Beast! Gaara, take the mic for a sec.”
 
Gaara took the microphone and prepared to say the intro before opening up the famous riff. The beginning off the song starts with a man talking about the number of the beast and how it should be feared. Being that Gaara had the lowest voice and could sound the evilest, he was the one to do the job. He took went next to Snow as she moved aside so he could do his job.
 
“Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short.
Let him who hath understanding
reckon the number of the beast,
for it is a human number.
Its number is six hundred and sixty six.”
 
Gaara then backed up, allowing Snow to get to the mic. He then opened up the riff that every Maiden fan knew and the audience `Woo!'-ed in approval. Then Snow came in to sing the lyrics. She had the personality to impersonate Bruce Dickenson, to the surprise of the audience.
 
“I left alone, my mind was blank
I needed time to think, to get the memories from my mind
What did I see, can I believe
That what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy
Just what I saw in my old dreams
Were the reflections of my warped mind staring back at me
'cause in my dreams, it's always there
The evil face that twists my mind and brings me to despair”
 
She had the moves down, and was wild just like Dickenson. Then, the audience prepared for the trademark scream Dickenson had in the upcoming part of the song”
 
“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
She got the scream down very well and executed the chromatically descending notes the single scream held in it and then sang the lyrics with fury.
 
“The night was black, was no use holding back,
'Cause I had to see, was someone
watching me.
In the mist, dark figures move and twist,
Was all this for real, or just some kind of hell.
666 the number of the beast.
Hell and fire was spawned to be released.

Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised,
As they start to cry, hands held to the sky.
In the night, the fires burning bright,
The ritual has begun, Satan's work is done.
666 the number of the beast.
Sacrifice is going on tonight.

This can't go on, I must inform the law.
Can this still be real or just some crazy dream?
But I feel drawn towards the chanting hordes,
They seem to mesmerize...can't avoid their eyes,
666 the number of the beast.
666 the one for you and me.

I'm coming back, I will return,
And I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn.
I have the fire, I have the force.
I have the power to make my evil take its course!”
 
Then, the guitars played the same riffs they had played while Snow had done the “YEAH!” and abruptly ended the song at the end of the riff with a short note that had a slight chromatic descend on the end of it.
 
The audience cheered, and went wild. Everything in the song was great; the singing was different but awesome, the guitar solos were wild, the bass was pounding and heard well, and the drumming never missed a beat.
 
“Alright! Yeah- eh…what?” said a confused Snow turning to Gaara as he whispered in her ear. “Sorry guys, let me talk to my bandmates for a sec” she said as she left the mic to talk to Gaara and the others.
 
“What? Why did you call us together?” asked Kiba.
 
“We have to go. The two hours are up.” said Gaara.
 
“Oh shit!” said Sasuke, “Tell the audience we are leaving, Snow!”
 
“Ok,” she said as she went to the mic. “Hey I'm sorry, but we got to go now, it's been great!” The audience clapped and cheered in response as the band hurried with their instruments off the stage after packing up.
 
“SECURITY???!!” they heard the manager yell loudly.
 
“SHIT!” said Kiba, “What now?!”
 
“We are so screwed…” said Shikamaru. “How troublesome.”
 
“Guys, guys! I can help you out! Follow me!” said the assistant manager.
 
The band ran behind him and they went into the audience, pushing their way through and getting some confused and odd looks from the people. The dj laughed and jokingly put on the song, “Band On The Run” as security began to converge on them.
 
The assistant manager then said, “Cover your faces!” and then put his hands into a hand sign. A big explosion of mist suddenly filled the room and the security looked confused. The assistant manager and the band suddenly appeared out of the mist, running toward some stairs.
 
“Who is this guy?” said a confused Kiba as they followed the odd person. The assistant manager wore a mask over its face with red markings on it and had long, straightened, black hair. The person wore a nice, brown robe with white edges and had matching long shorts and a long sleeved shirt underneath that came out from under the robe.
 
“C'mon!” said the assistant manager as he opened a door to reveal more steps. They climbed the steps and heard the door open as security busted in after them. “We need to go faster!” said the assistant manager they assumed was a guy from his slightly low voice. He did seem to be a little like a girl though, and they'd have to wait until it took of its mask to see who, or what it was.
 
They increased their speed, and suddenly began jumping on the walls and launching off them onto the next. The security was heard speeding below as they got to the roof and scurried out. To their surprise, a helicopter was in flight, shining a bright beam on their location. Then the security arrived and began to run toward the group.
 
“Hold on!” said the masked guy. They made a chain by connecting their hands and prepared to run. “Follow me and don't get lost!” He then did a hand sign with only one hand and mirrors appeared every where. There was also a dome of mirrors preventing the helicopter from getting to them. Mirrors adorned the place creating a maze, some mirrors in the air and at many angles.
 
“Whoa!” said Kiba as he was running with the chain of people. There were images of them everywhere and it was very confusing. The security got clearance to use weapons because of what they did to the manager and that they were causing chaos. The security then began firing guns at the images, but not hitting the real thing. Every time a mirror shattered, a new one appeared.
 
“They're everywhere!” said a security guard.
 
Then some of the images of the assistant manager began to grab needle-like projectiles. “Look!” said a guard, pointing at the many images of the masked man. Without warning, every mirror with the image of the masked man threw a needle at the security. The needles then came through the mirror, as if bending reality and zoomed toward the confused group. The needles showered them, hitting them in the legs, arms, back, anywhere to simply immobilize the group. The security fell to the ground, in agony and yelled for backup but no one could get in.
 
The band then found them selves at the edge of the building in front of part of the mirror-dome. “Alright, trust what I do and don't freak out. Jump as hard as you can and DO NOT let go no matter what.” said the masked shinobi.
 
“What? What are you going to- WHOA!!!” yelled Sasuke as the chain of people were pulled into a mirror. For a second, they were traveling through something that looked like a wormhole or something. Then, seconds later they were coming out the other side of the mirror high in the air. They landed on top of another building and began to run across it, letting each others' hands go and jumping from building to building with two helicopters on their tail.
 
“Guys!” said Gaara while running and jumping across buildings. “Hang on, I'm going to do a jutsu!” he then did a hand sign as they were jumping across a gap between buildings. In midair, sand went underneath them and began to make them fly. The sand formed into something like a phoenix and flapped its sandy wings causing sand to fall below.
 
“Wow!” said Snow, “I didn't know you could do this!” The group looked on as the sandy bird flew away from the helicopters and into the distance.
 
“Uh oh, look!” said Sasuke. He pointed to a couple of jets that were flying toward the bird. “They're going to attack us!”
 
“Wait! Let me call someone.” said the masked ninja. He did a hand sign and then started to talk to someone. “You there? It's Haku. I'm helping out some friends, and we need help now!” He waited for the man on the other end to stop talking and said “Well you can't miss us. We're on a giant bird made of sand with two jets on our trail. We are over a large lake!” They stared at him, wondering why he was talking to what seemed like nothing. “Ok, but get here fast! Use that new technique to get here! They could fire on us at any time!” He then released the jutsu and looked at the jets.
 
“Who was that?” asked Shikamaru.
 
“A friend.”
 
“Ok….”
 
“Look! They are firing a missile! SHIT!” said Kiba.
 
The missile zoomed at high speed and was about to impact when a small section of sand formed half a dome and the missile blew up on that, sending the sand everywhere.
 
“Grrrr! If they keep doing that, the shield won't hold!” said Gaara.
 
“What shield?!” asked Snow.
 
“I formed a dome of sand over us but made it invisible so we could see where we are going and what the jets are doing!”
 
“They're firing another- OH!” said Snow as the missile hit the dome and made the bird rock and shake.
 
“That's it! The dome is down!” said Gaara as sand fell to the ground. “Move to the front of the bird!” he said as they began to climb across the bird towards the front.
 
They were nearing the front when another missile was fired. “BRACE FOR IMPACT!!” yelled Shikamaru.
 
*BANG!* The missile impacted the bird and exploded into flames, sending sand everywhere falling towards the water below. 6 splashes could be heard in the water as it rained sand and a giant wave neared the area where the splashes were heard. On it was a man doing a hand sign with a giant sword on his back and something that looked like gauze tape wrapped around his mouth and nose. He had cow print ankle-bands and some blue pants. He was shirtless and a strap went across his chest and attached to the sword on his back.
 
“Hold on…” said the strange man as the wave hit the water and he plunged into the deep blue. Jets flew over head, turned around, and zoomed back to the city, proud of their job. The water stilled, and nothing moved. Then, bubbles began to pop on the surface. Without warning, water gushed upwards out of the water with the strange man and the 6 others on top. Then, the water moved and threw the occupants off on to the top of a large wave. Oddly, they didn't fall into it and it rushed forward until it neared land. It then slowed and delivered it's occupants onto the beach after forming into a hand and gently letting them get off of it.
 
“Hello there.” said Kakashi, standing next to Gai and Kurenai. “Welcome back.”
 
 
 
Key:
1. I got `face melting' from School of Rock. When the kids are practicing at the end of the movie, Jack asks for a `face melting' solo.