Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Running Home ❯ Chapter 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them, no matter how much I wish I did.
Sorry about the wait. Started this back in January I think. But I was in a bit of an accident in March and then I came down with glandular fever all while returning to uni. So a rather hectic year so far. Hopefully Plus I'm dealing with an injury that means I have to retrain myself how to use the other hand for stuff like writing. Not fun!
 
Chapter 19
 
Hiro peaked into Iruka's bedroom and smiled at the site of his cousin and his lover curled up together on the bed with Ves keeping watch over them. He shut the bedroom door quietly and went into the living room, picking up his current book. Magical theory was not an enjoyable subject but it was useful. He'd let them sleep a few more hours before starting lunch. Kakashi was still on soft foods but he was able to eat more than the few mouthfuls of soup he had managed the first time Hiro had helped him. He didn't like the fact that Iruka was going back to the Academy tomorrow but he had had too much time off already. Sakura planned to spend part of the day with them since it was the presence of chakra that helped calm Kakashi. But it was Iruka that truly calmed him.
 
------------------------------
Hiroshi dodged but wasn't quick enough to fully evade Neji's attack. He winced slightly but stayed focused on the other teen. He knew better than to take his eyes off the younger male for even a second. Neji was merciless when they spared and though it hurt Hiro was grateful. Death Eaters would show no mercy either but at least Neji wasn't trying to kill him, just help him improve. They'd been back in Konoha for two weeks now and so far there had been no sign of any assassins but they all knew that could change in a second. Kakashi seemed more stable thankfully; he didn't panic as often though he still clung to Iruka and Hiro. Hiroshi had also begun to learn the basics of chakra usage. It was very different to magic and harder to use but it would give him an advantage against other wizards. His reserves weren't that bad for someone who had never used chakra before and his stamina was improving. As were his fighting skills though he still got tossed around by all four of his trainers. Sakura had even begun to teach him a bit about human anatomy and healing since he had some skills there.
 
“Enough.” Hiro relaxed as Neji called a halt to their fight. Tenten clapped and smiled at them.
 
“Good job Hiro, you're getting better!” She called from where she had been watching. Gai grinned and gave him a thumbs up. It was Lee's day to watch over Kakashi so Hiroshi had spent the day with team 9 doing D-rank missions and now sparring. He had enjoyed himself but was glad the day was ending, Lee was probably driving Kakashi mad by now and he would be happy to be able to sit down for a while.
 
“She is right; you have improved considerably since we started.” Neji stated.
 
“Thanks. I better get going or dinner won't be ready on time. I'll see you in two days.” He waved before heading home.
 
---------------------------------
Ibiki frowned as his knock went unanswered. He doubted that Roshi had gone out and left Kakashi home alone so why wasn't he answering? Mindful of any traps, ninja or magical, he let himself into the small house and crept down the hall. Dark eyes swept the lounge room where Roshi was sprawled on the couch, a frown marring the teen's face even in sleep. Ibiki moved closer as the teen began to thrash, almost falling off the couch.
 
“Roshi wake up!” He barked but the teen continued to thrash about, even when he landed in a heap on the floor. Ibiki winced as the boy screamed but moved to restrain him as he began clawing at his own face. He looked up to see Kakashi hovering in the doorway.
“Kakashi talk to him, we need to wake him up.”
 
“Ibiki?” The other ninja asked, slowly moving closer.
 
“Yes now help me.” He growled as he fought to hold the teen down. Kakashi hesitantly moved closer and then knelt beside the interrogator, holding Hiroshi's legs down. Hiro screamed, convulsing hard enough to almost throw them and then went limp. Ibiki quickly checked his pulse and breathing before leaning back. He looked at Kakashi and managed the closest he ever got to a concerned smile.
“Looks like he's just unconscious. Do you know what that was?”
 
“He...he used to get visions but he hasn't had one since coming here. We figured it was the distance. That looked like how he described them.” Kakashi answered, moving away from Ibiki as much as he could while staying close to Hiro. Ibiki backed off a bit, knowing that Kakashi was skittish around anyone other than Iruka and Roshi though Sakura and team 9 were allowed closer than anyone other than those two.
 
“Could it be that something incredibly powerful happened?” Kakashi shrugged in answer and Ibiki sighed. They'd have to wait until Hiroshi woke.
“I'm going to call for Sakura to make sure he's okay.”
 
Hiro groaned and tried to go back to sleep but something wasn't letting him. His head felt like it was about to split open and his whole body ached.
 
“Hiro you need to wake up for me.” He cracked open an eye to see a pink blur above him. He blinked and slowly Sakura came into focus.
 
“Sakura? What happened?” Hesitant hands helped him up and he looked back to see Kakashi behind him. He smiled at his cousin's lover and then leant back against him. Kakashi tensed for a second before relaxing and willingly holding the teen up.
 
“Ibiki-san found you apparently having a nightmare and then what appeared to almost be a fit.” Hiro's hand flew to his scar and sure enough there was blood on his fingers when he pulled them back. He closed his eyes and focused his mind, trying to recall the vision and then promptly bolted for the bathroom. Kakashi followed and held him as he lost the last few meals he'd eaten.
 
“Hiro?” The masked ninja asked quietly. Wild emerald eyes met his and Kakashi knew it was bad.
 
“Hogwarts is gone.”
 
TBC...
I know it's really short but at least it's something.