Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Running Home ❯ Chapter 21

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Still not mine.
 
Chapter 21
 
Iruka dashed forward to check Hiroshi over. He only relaxed once he was sure his cousin was simply sleeping and then both shinobi turned their attention to the latest addition to Hiro's growing zoo.
 
“Maybe you should think about a bigger house?” Kakashi suggested and Iruka rolled his eyes. But his speaking had made the fiery bird turn to Kakashi. It stared at him for a bit before flying to him and landing on his shoulder. Kakashi froze but all the bird did was rub its head against his neck before bursting into song again. Kakashi felt himself relaxing totally for the first time since his capture and it felt nice.
 
“Kakashi?” Iruka called and Kakashi opened his eye, not realising he'd closed it.
 
“I'm okay.” He smiled at his lover and Iruka relaxed, smiling back.
 
--------------------------
Green eyes opened slowly and then Hiro smiled at his three familiars. Through their new bond he knew what was happening back in the Wizarding World...and that it was time. Slipping out of bed he headed for his cousin's room and smiled when he say Iruka and Kakashi entwined on the bed. With a wave of his wand he made sure they would sleep until morning unless something triggered the wards. Packing what he'd need didn't take all that long and then he was sneaking out of the house, not wanting to apparated until he was past the wards.
 
“Had the feeling you might do something like this.” Hiro froze and then turned to see Ibiki.
 
“They'd try to change my mind or insist on coming and I won't put them in danger.” He smiled at Ibiki and shrugged.
“I left a note and most of my stuff.” He offered and Ibiki sighed.
 
“I'll walk you to the gates.” They walked through the sleeping village in silence, Ibiki's presence deterring the curious shinobi who were on patrol. They stopped at the gates and Ibiki grabbed his arm.
“You better come back in one piece Roshi.” Ibiki growled and Hiro smiled, shocking the interrogation expert by hugging him.
 
“I'll do my best.” Was his answer before he stepped through the gates and then vanished not with a pop but in a brief burst of flame.
 
“Good luck kid.” Ibiki muttered before turning to glare at the gate guards for snickering.
 
-----------------------
“So he's gone?”
 
“Yes Hokage-sama.” Tsunade nodded and took a drink of her ever present sake.
 
“Had a feeling he'd pull something like this. Does Iruka know?”
 
“Hiroshi left a note.” Ibiki's answer made her frown.
 
“At least Iruka's yelling will let us know when he gets back.”
 
“He didn't want a fight over his going alone.” Ibiki told her and she snorted.
 
“Yeah, he's an Umino, putting everyone else first. Very well, thank you for informing me, you can go.” Ibiki gave a short bow and then left.
 
-------------------------------
Harry stood on the cliff and stared down at the ruins of his first home sadly. He watched as Fawkes took to the air and began to sing a haunting song in rememberance3 for all those who had died in the castle's defeat. Hedwig joined him in his flying a few seconds later and Ves tightened a few coils around him in comfort. Harry smiled and gently stroked the glossy scales before closing his eyes and searching inward with his magic.
 
`Time to finish this Tom.' He sent down their link and then shut it down as tightly as he could. That didn't stop him from hearing an echo of Riddle's enraged scream.
 
TBC...