Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ sakumo's death ❯ all alone ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Sukamo’s death Pt. 1  

     

“Kakashi, Help me!” the older man whispered as he reached out for the young boy. His long, white hair fell across his face as his eyes filled with a forgotten pain. Tears ran down his milky white cheeks as he looked up at his young son. “PLEASE HELP ME!” Kakashi reached for his suffering father, but sukamo seemed to slowly drift away. “Kakashi…” he sobbed his voice getter softer as he disappeared. “Dad!” Kakashi screamed and ran to catch up to his father. The young boy tripped and fell, laying where his father stood only seconds before. Tears dripped onto the floor below the little boys cheeks. “I’m sorry dad,” he whispered hugging himself tightly, “I’m sorry!”

------

Kakashi woke up in his bed feeling frightened. Sweat coated his entire body while his chest rose with his irregular breathing. Moonlight cascaded his bedroom in a dull yellow light, the wind causing trees to dance in shadow. Kakashi left his bed immediately and shakily made his was to the bathroom. He turned the sink on and splashed ice cold water in his face snapping him to attention. Still breathing hard the young boy leaned over the sink ,head down, watching the water circle the drain. “why dad?” Kakashi thought shutting his eyes thinking of the past days events, “why?”. Kakashi raised his head slowly and opened his eyes. He was facing the mirror ,but he didn’t see himself. He saw his fathers’ face. Bloddy. Cold. Sad. He saw his fathers eyes begging for help, for forgiveness. But forgiveness wasn’t granted so freely. The young boy felt his eyes sting as tears tried to surface. Kakashi bit his lip to bury them back down into the hole that was slowly forming in his heart. Images of his fathers lifeless body surfaced in his mind, haunting him.

“You could have saved him,” a voice whispered, taunting the boy, “why didn’t you?” Kakashi covered his ears with his hands and shook his head as to stop the voices. “because………,” the voice grew louder, “YOU’RE WEAK!”

“STOP,” kakashi shouted and backed against the wall sliding to the cold floor. The voices ceased , silence filling the entire house. “stop,” he said quieter leaning against the wall as he stood up. Kakashi made his way down the dark, lonely hallway the silence deafening to his ears. He stopped when he approached the last door on his right. Kakashi carefully put his hand on the cold metal of the doorknob pulling his breath in sharply. He opened the door slowly afraid of what he would find inside. The young boy then walked into the cold room that once was his fathers’. Everything was just the way Sukamo left it, even his clothes were still thrown carelessly on the hardwood floor. Kakashi let out his breath quietly as he looked around the moon lit room. Memories drowned his thought almost suffocating him. He walked over to the pile of clothing and leaned down to pick up his fathers green vest. Kakashis heart ached as he rubbed the worn fabric, “I cant believe he was here yesterday……,” he thought as he put the clothing back in the brown drawer, “I never even got to say goodbye…” A lump formed at the top of his throat and he pushed it back down, feeling it dissolve slowly. Kakashi made his way to his fathers bed and lowered himself onto the soft mattress. “I was mean to him yesterday,” he regrettably admitted to himself, “I told him I hated him.” Kakashi pulled the covers out and climbed underneath. “I don’t hate him……..,” he laid his head down onto a pillow and inhaled. His fathers scent was comforting and nauseating all at once. “I wish I could have told him…..,” Kakashi thought sleepily as he snuggled into what he was imagining to be his father, “that I love him.”