Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sandy Masquerade ❯ The Three Photographs ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sandy Masquerade
By: VenusIsKnownForFlyTraps
 
In Gaara's whole house (if the small apartment in Suna could even be called that) there were only three pictures.
 
The first was of a man with blonde hair that fell beautifully, almost reaching his shoulders. His eyes seemed to be a mixture of blue, gray, and brown, though gray was the most visible. He had a kind smile gracing his rather feminine features, though it was still obvious he was male. The man seemed to be in a kitchen; it was warm and friendly, and if you looked at the picture long enough you could almost smell the baked goods fresh from the oven.
 
The second was also of a man, though he seemed to be the exact opposite of the man in the other picture. He had short red hair that looked almost blood colored in contrast to his pale white skin. His skin also enhanced the color of his eyes—a soulless green, hard and without emotion, but even if there were emotion it would probably be anger. His eyes had a thin dark line around them, most likely brought on from lack of sleep since he had been up working all night; he was situated behind a large desk littered with what seemed to be medical forms or overdue bills. Unlike the last photo, if you stared at it long enough you would feel antsy, like there was someone coming to kill you and you knew it, just not when.
 
The last picture was of a woman. She looked like the man in the first picture, probably a relative of his. She too had a kind smile like his, but hers was friendlier. Her hair was a darker shade of blonde, maybe actually with light brown hair. Her hair seemed to shape her face better than the first man, the ends of it swooping towards her rather than just going straight down. Her eyes were blue, gray, and brown too, but they seemed more blue in the lighting she had. She was outside on a grassy hill, on the top; apparently, because you could see the clear blue sky with its white swirls called clouds. She didn't give off a feeling like the first or the second man, though. The feeling she had couldn't be described, but if anyone had to tell about the photograph, they would say she seemed motherly.
 
Little did Gaara know, he would soon have other people looking at the only three pictures he owned.
 
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer: Don't own, don't sue.
 
Author's Note: This was just the prologue, so don't fume at me for making it so short. Well, what do you think? Good, bad, undecided? But most of all, should I continue with this story? I already have ideas for future chapters, but I don't know if anybody really wants to read them… Anyway, if you review, could you tell me if I did a good job describing? I think I did a good enough job to be able to tell who they are, but I'm the one who wrote it, so I don't think that counts. Thanks for reading!