Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Save Us ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I love Itachi/Sasuke fics. This is my first time writing one though. Hope ya'll like it!
Chapter Rating: "T" For mild violence and mild swearing.
DISCLAIMER: I, Kayt, do not own Naruto. Because, if I did, I'd be rich. And I am clearly not.
_____________________
Itachi ran through the halls of his home in a panic. He had heard loud, blood curdling screams coming from his little brother Sasuke's room. He also heard yelling from his father, crying from his mother, and loud, crashing sounds, like things being thrown around. Itachi stopped when he reached Sasuke's door.
"Sasuke-chan!" Itachi pounded his fist hard into the locked door over and over again. His heart was tearing in two as he heard Sasuke's tortured screams. He knew exactly what was going on. Their father had come home drunk again, in an angry rage. Most likely, he was angry for no reason. Itachi thought he just enjoyed hurting people weaker than himself, and alcohol made it all the better to kill his guilt. This time though, he had not decided to take out his anger on Itachi or his wife. Sasuke was his target.
Itachi was finally able to break down the door. Their mother was huddled in a corner, tears streaming down her cheeks. She had obviously tried previously to stop her husband from whatever he was doing. Their father was holding Sasuke against a wall, gripping his small arms tight enough to leave bruises. Sasuke was kicking and screaming, trying to break free.
"Let go of him, you douchebag!!" Itachi yelled. He lundged at his father, digging his nail's into his arm. Their father tried to shrug Itachi off, also keeping a firm grip on his younger son. But Itachi wouldn't let go. His nails dug so deep that blood had started to seep through.
"You asshole! Get the fuck off me! Now! This little shit deserves what he's getting!" he yelled angrily. He was so mad in fact, that he lost his grip over Sasuke, dropping him to the ground. Sasuke immediatly ran behind his big brother, in hopes of being protected. Itachi glanced at Sasuke, then their father.
"Sasuke-chan. I want you to get out of here, now!" he looked over at his mother, who was still huddled in the corner. "You too. Both of you, go in another room before you get hurt even worse!"
Itachi's father's face twisted in anger. He started unexpectedly throwing punches. Itachi took two blows to the face, and one to the stomach. Of course t hurt, but he'd rather it be him than his little brother or his mom.
"That's what you get for trying to play the hero. Stupid kid." his father said, stumbling as he walked out of the room. He knew his father would be satisfied with this and forget about the others. For tonight at least...
THAT NIGHT, A FEW HOURS LATER...
Itachi sat on the foot of his bed, running his fingers along the bluish-purple marks on his face, slightly cringing when he pressed down on it. He was surprised he didn't have any broken bones. He heard a faint knock at the door.
"Who is it...?" he asked.
"It's me. Sasuke." Itachi breathed a sigh of relief. He thought it was his father.
"Come in, Sasuke-chan..." Sasuke opened the door and shut it behind him quietly. He sat down beside his older brother. Itachi smiled slightly.
"Why are you up? You should be sleeping right now..." Sasuke looked up into his brother's eyes.
"Because you're hurt! I wanted to come see if you were ok!" Sasuke said rather loudly. Itachi quickly put his hand over Sasuke's mouth, making sure he uttered not one more sound.
"Sasuke-chan, do you want dad to wake up!?" Itachi whispered in a worried tone. Sasuke shook his head. "Then be quieter when you talk. You don't want him to go all crazy again, do you?" Again, Sasuke shook his head. Itachi took his hand off of his brother's mouth and smiled a little bit.
"I'm fine, ok? Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." He said. Sasuke didn't look convinced.
"But what about those bruises? What are you gonna do when we go to school tomorrow? How are you gonna hide it??" Sasuke was asking so many questions. Itachi himself did not know what he was going to do to hide the marks.
"I'll figure something out..Sasuke-chan, get out and go to bed. Before dad wakes up and catches you..." He pointed to the door. Sasuke had a sad expression on his face. He gave Itachi a hug and went back to his room to sleep. Itachi then turned out the lights and layed in his bed. He knew for a fact that he was not going to get any sleep tonight.
NEXT MORNING
Itachi walked downstairs into the kitchen to find his mother doing dishes and Sasuke eating breakfast. He looked over at the clock and yawned.
"Five o'clock AM and you guys are already up? Wow..." Itachi said sleepily. "Where's Dad?"
"He's already gone to work. And why are you up so early, sweetie? You still have another hour until you have to get up. Why not sleep as much as you can" she teased. Itachi rubbed his eyes and yawned again.
"An hour of sleep isn't going to do any good at all..." he thought.
Sasuke looked at him cheerfully.
"Look, Itachi! I'm eating Fruit Loops!" he said loudly, scooping another spoonful into his mouth. Itachi smiled.
"Sasuke-chan, you are a fruit loop..." he laughed. Itachi's mother had finished the dishes and turned around to face him.
"Itachi. Can we go into another room? I need to speak with you privately." she said sternly. Itachi was concerned. Her tone had dramatically changed from happy and cheerful, to someone who sounded like they were next in line to be killed on death row. They both walked into her room, and she closed the door.
"Itachi, sweetie...about what happened last night..."
"It's alright mom, don't worry about it..." Itachi said, staring at the ground.
"No, Itachi, I don't think you understand. It was your fault. Your father, he wouldn't have gone out to drink again if it weren't for you..." she said bluntly.
Itachi's jaw dropped open.
"What!? My fault? What the fuck did I do!?"
"Please don't swear Itachi. It's not nice." she said calmly.
"What the fuck did I do!? How is any of this my fault! I didn't do anything wrong, and you know that! Neither did Sasuke! There was absolutely no reason for him to go out, get drunk, and do what he did! And besides, he always gets drunk like that and attacks whoever breathes the wrong way first. Don't try to blame any of this on me or Sasuke!" Itachi's face became red with anger. He stormed out of his mother's room and grabbed his backpack. He stopped and looked over at Sasuke. The he yelled into the air.
"I'm leaving now! I'm going to Deidara's. And if I'm not back then, whatever!" He continued stomping through the house but suddenly looked over his shoulder, smiling.
"Goodbye, Sasuke-chan." he said.
"Um...Bye, Itachi..." Sasuke replied. No matter how mad Itachi ever was, he could never, ever be mad with his little brother. He didn't know why, but he couldn't.
Itachi slammed the door behind him and continued on walking to Deidara's house. It was still pretty early, and he knew Deidara hated being woken up.
_____________________
Whoa. I don't think any of my fics have a chapter quite as long as this one. I feel all happy now w00t.
Please review!