Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Schöner Träumer ❯ 00 Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Mahatma Gandhi

o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- Prologue o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Smoke and debris littered the normally pristine streets of Konoha, the stench of fire and death permeating the air and the memories of all those present within the village hidden in the leaves.

The sun was slowly dying over the horizon, bathing everything in a deep reddish gold adding to the surreal nature of the catastrophe that had struck.

The Sandaime took time to gaze at the village as night began to fall and sighed, feeling weary and saddened at the loss of so many in such a short amount of time. It seemed that there was always one disaster after another lately with no conceivable end in sight. First there was that terrible war with Iwa, then the Kyuubi just appeared out of nowhere and now they had to rebuild their village almost from the ground up and maintain their mission loads with their current clients when they had only 40 percent of their military might remaining…

Things weren’t looking too good for Konoha as a whole, but the Sandaime had faith that the village would pull through this crisis as it had other times. It had done so during every other catastrophe that had befallen it and would do so again.

The older man took a moment to gather his thoughts and then walked to his desk to sit down and finish a report that he had started earlier.

--

Case File # 010

Subject Name: Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto

Born: October 10

Known Relative (s): Father: Namikaze Minato (deceased); Mother: Uzumaki Kushina (deceased.)

Kekkei Genkai Information:

Namikaze Minato possessed an as yet unnamed bloodline limit. Said bloodline limit is not a doujutsu. Said bloodline limit promotes advanced healing capabilities that are, at onset of appearing, two to ten times faster than an average human. Upon biological maturation, all physical injuries heal instantaneously and the possessor of the bloodline’s immune system evolves to the point that they are immune from most poisons (man made and natural.) It should also be noted that those who possess this kekkei genkai have stamina and chakra capacities that are much greater than a normal person; Namikaze Minato’s were reported as being several times greater than Jiraiya while he was a gennin.

Uzumaki Kushina was noted to posses some level of psychic ability; notably post-cognition and empathy. It is unknown if said abilities are a kekkei genkai or a spontaneous ability.

It is uncertain as to whether the presence of the Kyuubi will have any effect on the appearance of the Namikaze kekkei genkai. Further observation will be required before any conclusions can be made.

Security/Safety Issues and Concerns:

1) Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto is the only known jinchūriki of the Kyuubi no Yoko. While there are other jinchūriki residing in the other hidden villages, none of them are known to contain any of the greater tailed demons (demons with more than 4 tails.) It is uncertain as to whether knowledge of Konohagakure’s jinchūriki is available to other locations and/or parties and whether the nature of the particular demon contained is available to other locations and/or parties.

More intelligence is required on this matter.

2) There are concerns that various groups within and outside of Konohagakure posses extreme interest in the jinchūriki for, at least two of the parties, unknown reasons. Such groups are, but not limited to: ANBU Root Division (currently under leadership of Danzo,) Hyuuga Clan, Uchiha Clan and Orochimaru. The abovementioned four individuals/organizations are the most concrete threat to the jinchūriki at the moment and should be monitored with extreme caution.

All information concerning Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto has been classified as S-ranked. Any and all release of information revealed without the expressed permission of the Hokage is strictly prohibited (Sandaime’s Law.) Any and all individuals who break said law will be executed within 24 hours, there will be no exception made for Title, Clan Name, Rank or any other stipulation that may arise.

Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto’s whereabouts are classified.

Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto’s alias(s) (if any) are classified.

Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto’s current guardian is classified.

Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto’s physical appearance is classified.

Any physical/mental/emotional alterations due to the Kyuubi’s influence is classified.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Sandaime finished writing the report and sighed, “This is all I can do to afford you a normal life Naruto, although it will probably not last long…”

The old man stood up from his chair, grimacing lightly in dull pain caused by arthritis and made his way to a crib placed in his office the night before. In there lay an infant boy, sleepily sucking on a pacifier. This brought a smile to the old man’s face albeit a sad one.

“Naruto you look so much like your father,” at the mention of his name, the infant opened sleepy eyes to look at the old man. After a few moments of gazing at the old man, the infant found nothing interesting about him and gave him a look that translated to ‘What the hell did you wake me up for fool?’ before he dozed off. The Hokage chuckled at the infant’s blatant disinterest, “Although your mother’s traits seem to shine through the most.”

Sandaime closed his eyes sensing a familiar presence, “Jiraiya.”

The Toad Sennin walked over towards the old man and peered into the crib, “So this is Minato and Kushina’s boy?”

The Hokage nodded.

Jiraiya gazed at the sleeping infant and grinned, “Naruto, eh?...He’s a cute kid.”

Sandaime nodded reflecting the same grin, “Physically he’s just like Minato, although personality wise he seems to have taken after Kushina.”

Jiraiya snorted at that, “The only person to openly ask Uchiha Fugaku whether the stick up his ass had a stick up it’s ass.”

They both smiled at the thought of the young woman.

“Where’s the kid going to go?” Jiraiya asked after a few moments of silence.

The Sandaime took a long drag off his pipe, “That is what I wanted to talk to you about. I need you to do a favor for me…well more for Naruto than anyone else.”

Jiraiya nodded, “Sure.”

The old man nodded, “You’ll be taking Naruto to a place where he can be raised safely. I’m afraid that if he stays in this village he may not survive to be one.”

Flashes of a previous council meeting where nearly all were calling for the babe’s blood filtered in both their minds. Nodding, Jiraiya asked, “When do we leave?”

“Tomorrow morning at 0600 hours,” Jiraiya nodded and asked, “You want me to go solo or with someone else?”

“Your mission partner is on his way here.”

The Toad Sannin raised an eyebrow at that, “Who?”

“One of Minato’s students, Hatake Kakashi.”

Jiraiya raked his brain at the familiar name for a few moments before remembering, “Sakumo’s son, eh? What relevance does he have to the mission?”

“You both will be taking Naruto to live with Uchiha Obito. He was one of Arashi’s students and the only person other than you, Kakashi and Tsunade that I trust to raise Naruto. He and Kakashi were both Minato’s students. If for any reason he declines the order to raise Naruto, I am certain that Kakashi will be able to convince him otherwise and there is also the issue of the Kyuubi seal.”

Jiraiya looked at him, expressionless at the moment, “What do you mean?”

“As an Uchiha, he shares a profound connection with the demon.”

The Sannin sighed, “Because of Uchiha Madara right?”

The Sandaime nodded, “Neither one of my sensei’s were able to determine what sort of bond the Madara seemed to have with the demon, just that there was one to begin with and there have been numerous Uchiha since him who have had dalliances with demons.”

Jiraiya scowled, “What does this have to do with Naruto though?”

“What was Madara known for, besides the Sharingan?”

Jiraiya’s eyes widened, “He was the only other person besides Shodai-sama who was able to suppress demonic chakra…You’re telling me that the kid has the same power?!”

The Hokage looked speculative, “He shows extreme sensitivity to demonic chakra, as Madara did before his suppression abilities manifested, if what he wrote in his journals was accurate, but it is not solely for that reason that I am sending Naruto to live with him. Before the Kyuubi came, Minato had both he and Kakashi learn all the relevant seals that could help suppress the Kyuubi’s chakra or repair the seal if anything were to happen to the seal, but due to his connection with Madara, it is Obito who will have the greatest chance of quelling any problems that may arise with the seal. Although I would prefer not to, if need be we will need to exploit the connection between Uchiha Madara and the Kyuubi. The demon was said to respect him immensely, perhaps if he encounters someone similar to him in that respect it will help Naruto.”

“Makes sense,” Jiraiya conceded, “But I’ll stick around for a while too just in case.”

The Sandaime nodded in agreement, “Also, I do not want that type of sealing knowledge to ever leak to certain individuals and organizations here.”

Jiraiya nodded in grim understanding, “Danzo?”

Sarutobi nodded, “Unfortunately he is only the most recognizable of those who would love nothing more than to find a way of controlling the demon via Naruto. The Uchiha and Hyuuga clans are have already made it clear that they would be more than willing to keep the ‘demon’ under control.”

“Yeah right, They’re as bad as Danzo, the only thing that we have going for us when it comes to those fools is that they hate each other.”

“Indeed. It is a ploy to garner more power both in and out of the village, after all who would want to cross a clan that can control a ‘demon’? On top of that we have several reports of Orochimaru being in the vicinity.”

“Damn…,” Jiraiya cursed, “Things just keep getting better and better don’t they?”

“Don’t they?” Sarutobi bit on his pipe for a moment, “Orochimaru hated Minato more than anything for taking the position of Hokage and there is no telling what would happen if he were able to get his hands on Naruto.”

“How does he even know about Naruto? I mean the only people that know about him are…”

“The council and it has already been dealt with.”

Jiraiya grimaced, “What was it…either someone leaked the information or someone came in and stole the information…judging from how paranoid the clan heads are I’d probably have to guess that it was the former.”

The Sandaime nodded, “Unfortunately, you are correct. Haruno Bara was caught exchanging information with one of Orochimaru’s scouts.”

“Haruno? Since when was there a shinobi clan by that name? I’ve only been gone for five years and to think that it’s changed that much…”

“They aren’t a shinobi clan; they are a merchant clan that managed to ingratiate themselves with the Uchiha clan. One of their daughters has married into the clan and as a part of their marriage agreement, they got the support of the Uchiha Clan to join the council…or at least they did. After this incident was brought to light they have lost nearly everything that they have gained through that particular union.”

Jiraiya sighed, “And that is why civilians should never be permitted to be involved in shinobi affairs.”

The Sandaime nodded, “My thoughts exactly, but if the clans see fit too involve civilians in their affairs then there is little that we can do but keep an eye on them.”

“So what happened to this Haruno Bara?”

“She was disowned and publicly disgraced by both the Haruno and the Uchiha, afterwards she was interrogated and then executed by ROOT operatives before any of our ANBU were able to conduct an investigation of their own. Apparently she had been exchanging information with Orochimaru for quite some time and it was only by luck that a patrol caught her in an exchange.”

“So then both Orochimaru and Danzo know all the big things about the kid…we need to leave with Naruto tonight then; it’s a hazard to keep the boy here any longer. I know a place where we can go with Naruto in the meantime where he’ll be perfectly safe.”

Sarutobi nodded at that, “I trust that you have some people in mind to help you with Naruto, besides Kakashi?”

Jiraiya grinned, “Yep, you remember my stay in Ame a few years back?”

The Hokage thought on it for a moment, “I thought that you said that they had been killed in the civil war...”

“I had to say that,” Jiraiya explained, “If anyone were to know that one of my student’s was a possessor of the that… they’d order me or someone else to bring him in and try and marry him off to one of the clans for breeding and there’s no way I’m letting them do that. The kid doesn’t deserve that kind of fate.”

Sarutobi nodded, “Good thinking. But do you think that they are up to the task of helping you care for a baby?”

Jiraiya grinned sheepishly, “At least one of them are…I’m not sure that the other two have ever really been exposed to babies.”

The Hokage sighed and hoped that everything turned out well for the child, for he sensed that one day, the little maelstrom before him would change Konoha and perhaps more…

o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Glossary:

Bara: bramble, thorns