Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Uzamaki Clan ❯ Fuzzy ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Read. This is my first fan fic so don't flame me please! Naruto and gang are now all about seventeen.
 
"(Yawns)." Naruto yawned and absent-mindedly stretched. As his hands moved behind him he touched something soft and furry. 'Mm, comfy,' he thought, still drowsy, 'hey wait a minute…' Naruto opened his eyes and their was a small fox sleeping next to him. "What the hell?" Naruto nearly yelped in surprise but he held it back. His outburst awoke the fox and it spoke to him.
"Ah, I see you have awoken master," the fox looks at Naruto. "Please tell my as to why you summoned me but gave me no orders?" The fox seemed rather annoyed.
"Look, I couldn't have summoned you because I can't summon foxes and if the summoner is unconscious the summoned creature disappears," Naruto told the fox.
"You are the only Uzamaki left so you are the only one who could have summoned me," the fox replied. Then a sort of mischievous smile spread across the fox's face. "You know nothing of your family's abilities, do you?" The fox said with a mocking tone of voice. This, of course, pissed off Naruto.
"Well excuse me, but there was no one to teach me!" Naruto started using every bad word he knew to curse the fox.
"Ooh, this will be great fun, I will have to inform the others." With that, the fox disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving Naruto to swear at the fox.
"Hey! Where did you-? Get back here!" Naruto started fuming but stopped when he realized he was hungry. "To Ichiraku!" he shouted, immediately changing into his signature orange jumpsuit and he dashed out the door. Momentarily forgetting what had just happened.
 
Later at the Ichiraku Ramen stand Naruto is slurping down his sixth bowl. There was a brief pause in Naruto's noodle hunt. "What the hell just happened!?" he shouted, drawing no more attention than the usual glares. This was Naruto after all. The ramen man looked at him with confusion but decided Naruto was just being Naruto and took his empty bowl. Naruto paid and dashed off to see his sensei, Jiraiya. 'Erro-sennin will be able to make sense of this.'
 
"Erro-sennin!" Naruto shouted as he neared Jiraiya's home.
"What is it Naruto?" Jiraiya asked Naruto as he came out of his house to greet him.
"Erro-sennin, this morning a fox was in my house when I woke up and he claimed I summoned him," Naruto explained to the old hermit.
"Naruto that's impossible," Jiraiya began, annoyed that his apprentice still didn't understand summoning, but Naruto interrupted him.
"That's what I said, but then he mocked me about not knowing anything about my families abilities! I mean, where does he get off making fun of me about something I have no way of knowing about!? It's not my fault I don't have any parents!" While Naruto ranted about the strange visitor Jiraiya started thinking. 'Hm, could Naruto have some blood line limits that are just awakening? This requires testing.'
"Naruto, I want you to perform a summoning, nothing big, just a normal summoning," Jiraiya told him.
"Huh? Okay." Naruto bit his thumb until he drew blood and then placed his thumb on the ground. "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" With a puff of smoke the fox from earlier appeared in front of them.
"What do you need, gaki?" the fox asked. Naruto was about to yell at the fox, but Jiraiya smacked him in the head so hard Naruto was knocked out. The fox was still there. "Why'd you do that, old man?" the fox asked, curious but not really afraid that Jiraiya was a threat.
"I needed to see whether or not he could have summoned you in his sleep or not. And I wanted revenge for him calling me a pervert. Seeing as to that you are still here I'm guessing he really did. I am the Great Jiraiya, the Frog sennin and Naruto's sensei." Jiraiya told the fox "Now if you would please tell why Naruto can summon you, even while asleep when he never signed a contract with you?"
"The kid's an Uzamaki, so he actually does have a contract with us. Why he can summon me in his sleep is also because he is an Uzamaki. He has several other blood line limits, but I think it would be more fun to watch this unfold then tell him about it, so see ya'!" With a puff of smoke the fox disappeared. Jiraiya pondered about what little the fox had explained but decided that watching things unfold would be entertaining, so he decided to let it be. 'The fox would have to have done something if the blood line limits could hurt Naruto, so I guess I'll go do some research.' Jiraiya picked up an unconscious Naruto and put him down on a couch in his house, leaving a note telling Naruto what the fox had said.
"Oh, my aching head… Hey wait a minute! ERRO-SENNIN!" Naruto was pissed. "Huh? What's this?" Naruto looked at the note Jiraiya had left behind. "AWESOME!" Naruto did a dance in excitement and happiness. He jumped up and down until he saw the clock. 'Oh shit,' he thought. Sakura-chan is going to kill me. He raced down to his apartment so quickly villagers thought that a breeze had just passed through town. Naruto grabbed his chuunin vest (Naruto and gang passed the chuunin exam two months ago), stopping a moment to admire it, and then ran to meet his team in their training area. He saw the usual scene, Sasuke leaning against a tree and Sakura swooning over him. Sakura stopped a moment from adoring Sasuke to shout at Naruto for being late. "Hey, now that Kakashi-sensei doesn't train with us any more somebody has to be late," Naruto replied. Sakura just rolled her eyes and continued swooning over Sasuke.
'Why did Naruto stop the cursed seal from taking me to Orochimaru,' Sasuke thought in jest because of Sakura's annoying presence. "Okay, shall we begin?" Sasuke said, shifting into a fighting stance. Naruto was about to tell them about the fox, but right before he opened his mouth he decided against it. 'Don't want people to think I'm the same as that fur ball anymore than they already do.' Naruto also entered a fighting stance.
"Go, Sasuke-kun! Squash Naruto like a bug!" '(Sigh) I wish Sakura-chan would be more grateful to me for bringing Sasuke back. I mean, she did beg me to.' Then the sparring began. Naruto lunged at Sasuke and aimed a punch for his head. Sasuke grabbed Naruto's fist and then Naruto used Sasuke as a post and swung over him, taking Sasuke totally off guard. Even before he landed Naruto slammed a kick right into Sasuke's back, sending him to ground. Sasuke managed to catch himself and flipped away from Naruto's sweeping kick. Sasuke did the appropriate hand seals and let loose a stream of fire.
"HOT, HOT, HOT!" Naruto screamed as the back of his pants set on fire. Sakura squelched a laugh and even Sasuke let his guard down a bit to enjoy the show. This, however, is what Naruto had been waiting for. Before Sasuke could register what happened Naruto's foot was in his chest. Naruto followed his kick with a punch to Sasuke's face. "Got you!" Naruto shouted, smiling at his downed rival.
"Clever, you used my opinion of you as a total idiot to catch me off guard," Sasuke said, picking himself back up.
"Yep, got you didn't I…Hey, wait a minute!" While Naruto recognized the insult Sasuke punched him in the ribs hard enough to knock him into a tree. Sasuke charged Naruto for a final blow right as Naruto felt something building up inside of him.