Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Uzamaki Clan ❯ Possibilities and Beatings ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm updating again! I'm feeling oddly creative lately. By the way, if anyone is wondering why Naruto didn't kill Tayuya, it's because Naruto is not bloodthirsty and didn't see her as a threat since he intended to kill her leader. Onward!
 
"Hey, I think he's waking up!" Naruto's eye lids felt like someone tied all of Lee's weights to them.
 
"Whozzah?" Naruto mumbled. Eventually he managed to force his eyes open to see that he was in a tent with a couple ANBU standing over him. "What…?" Naruto tried to recollect what had happened and it hit him in a flash. Naruto looked up at the ANBU. "Is the Snake dead?" All of the ANBU nodded and one of them spoke.
 
"We found you unconscious just a few hundred yards from the Sound base. You were clutching Orochimaru's head." Naruto had to resist the urge to wipe his hands on his coat: he had touched Orochimaru. Another ANBU spoke.
 
"What on Earth did you do? The entire base was in shamble and most of the shinobi kept whimpering about the forest attacking, trees and all?" Naruto grinned and stretched as he got out of the makeshift bed.
 
"It's a long story. And you can relax, I didn't sick Kyuubi's evil minions on them or anything like that." Naruto could tell that the ANBU were blushing under their masks. 'They actually thought that?' Naruto thought, he couldn't keep the disgust out of his voice. Naruto could have sworn he even felt the Kyuubi sweat drop.
 
"Now that you're awake we should head back to Konohoa," one of the ANBU interjected. They cleared up the camp and stuffed the parts into their bags before dashing away. All of the ANBU were amazed that Naruto could keep up with them at their max. But what amazed them more was the fact that he didn't use an ounce of demonic chakra to do it.
 
The group had been going for a few minutes and Naruto was starting to get unnerved by the glances from the ANBU. 'Why are they doing that? And where's the hatred?' Naruto immediately thought of his new coat. 'Do I really remind them that much of my dad?' "So," Naruto began in order to break the silence, "am I in trouble for beating those ninjas that attacked me for wearing this?" To his surprise, Naruto heard a chuckle from who appeared to be the ANBU captain.
 
"No, Uzumaki-san, I doubt that Hokage-sama will punish you." Now Naruto was really puzzled, no one had ever referred to him with any sort of respect. Even being answered by one of them was more than he had hoped for.
 
'This is weird,' Naruto thought to himself.
Next Scene
As soon as Naruto entered Konohoa he was tackled by Hinata, who was once again wearing her parka, though it was a slightly tighter one. The ANBU all disappeared in a puff of smoke. Hinata planted a kiss on Naruto and held him tight. "I was so worried, Naru-chan, are you okay? They wouldn't let me come get you!" Naruto kissed Hinata back and stroked her hair.
 
"It's okay, I'm fine Hina-chan. Now if you'll let me up I've got some exciting new to talk to you about over lunch!" Naruto gave his signature foxy grin and leapt to his feet, Hinata still holding him and launched off to Ichiraku.
Next Scene
Naruto told Hinata, in between globs of noodles, of how he killed Orochimaru. Even the bit about the Kyuubi's powers. To his surprise and delight Hinata said she didn't care because there was no way in Hell he was evil. He was just her Naru-chan. Naruto smiled and was glad he didn't bring up Tayuya. He did not want to ruin this moment with Hinata becoming angry. Everything was perfect until a fist slammed his head into his ramen. The next thing he heard was Sakura yelling almost playfully at him.
 
"You big idiot, why didn't you tell me and Sasuke?" Naruto only barely noticed the loss of the 'kun' but was to busy being happy his other teammate didn't care either. Well that and the fact that noodles were shoved into his ears. Naruto pulled his face out of the ramen and Hinata was trying not to laugh.
 
"Actually Sakura, Sasuke already knows about you-know-what." There was a brief pause before Sakura hit him again.
 
"So I'm the last to know? You little-!" Eventually Hinata stopped the beating and Sakura stopped, now laughing with good humor. "I guess you're right Hinata, I shouldn't kill him, at least not in front of you." Naruto wasn't sure if Sakura was joking or not. Sakura sat down next to them. "But damn you Hinata, you just had to get some back bone when Naruto finally got cute, huh?" Hinata blushed but wasn't really offended, Sakura was only teasing. Naruto once again pulled his face out of the noodles.
 
"So Sakura, you finally given up on old Sasuke-teme?" Sakura became a little sullen.
 
"You were right, I saw him on a date with Ten-ten."
 
"Don't' feel bad," Hinata interjected, "according to Neji-niisan Lee is still in love with you." When Sakura shivered in mock disgust Hinata spoke again. "He also told me that Ten-ten gave Lee a make-over." Sakura sighed.
 
"I guess I'll give it a try. I don't want to be the only one on my team without a love life." She gave Naruto another affectionate punch on the arm before leaving. Naruto and Hinata waved bye to her before turning back to each other. Naruto sighed.
 
"I can't believe the Snake is actually dead." Hinata smiled at Naruto and gave him a peck on the cheek.
 
"Well he is, and Tsunade will hold a party, and people will recognize you as a hero." Naruto smiled sadly in his mind.
 
'I only wish,' he thought.
 
What do you think? Please read and review, flamers will be crushed, burnt, chewed on and forced to watch the same episode of Barney for six hours straight. And Fircaster-Hikaru, what are you talking about? Do you mean chap. 24 or another one? I haven't seen any of my chapters that are cut off on my computer, so I don't know what to fix. Please be more specific and thank-you for the review.