Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Uzamaki Clan ❯ The Mission ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Boo! Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto! (Sobs) Er, Uzumaki Urufu, there are only 36 chapters. I don't know where you got the 63. Maybe it's because 36 backwards is 63? Anyway, thanks for the reviews. I'm almost at 100! Onward!
 
"Why exactly are we in the middle of nowhere?" Sakura asked, a vein visible on her forehead. "There's nothing here but trees!"
 
"Sakura's right, I don't sense any other chakra signatures," Sasuke reported.
 
"Are you sure we're not lost Naruto-kun?" Hinata asked him. Naruto's eye began twitching.
 
"Come on, have some faith, will ya! We're in the right place!" Just as he finished speaking, a cracking sound was heard from beneath them. Everyone but Naruto leapt away as a giant mole burst forth.
 
"Hello." Everyone's jaws but Naruto's dropped. It just talked. Naruto grinned at all of them.
 
"Everyone, Popy. Popy, everyone. See I told you guys this was the right place!" The giant mole pulled itself the rest of the way out.
 
"Nice to meet you all." Hinata was the only one who could speak.
 
"Nice to meet you as well, Popy-san."
 
"Anyway, Popy here is a demon and knows a lot about certain stuff."
 
"A demon?" Sasuke whispered, suddenly on guard again. Naruto chuckled.
 
"Oh, relax. Popy wouldn't hurt a fly!" The mole seemed to scowl at Naruto.
 
"I resent that."
 
"Whatever. I have business." Naruto reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of dango. Popy started drooling.
 
"So that's why he bought something other than ramen," Sakura whispered to herself.
 
"What do you want to know?"
 
"Everything you know on statues imbued with a sealing jutsu. Mostly on how to safely destroy them." Popy seemed to taken aback slightly at the odd question.
 
"Simple. Blow them up and any remnants of the jutsu as well." Naruto sweat dropped.
 
"That's all?"
 
"Unless it's booby trapped, but that a whole different subject. Dango!" Naruto held the box just out of the mole's reach.
 
"Now, now. I'm not done. Have you learned anything new about Akatsuki's leader?" Popy shook his head sorrowfully.
 
"Does this mean I don't get the dango?" Naruto sighed and threw the box at the thrilled mole demon. He snatched the box and practically ran back underground with it.
 
"Great, now I'm all out of leads and I still don't know what Akatsuki's leader is exactly!" Hinata wrapped her arms around Naruto.
 
"It's okay, Naruto-kun. You'll pull through, just like you always do." Naruto smiled and hugged her back.
 
"Thanks, Hina-chan." Sasuke smirked at the pair.
 
"Come on, dobe, we need to find another lead." Naruto flipped Sasuke off.
 
"Eh, I guess you're right teme, back to Konohoa. I need some of Ero-sennin's expertise." Naruto grinned. "And I'm hungry for some Ichiraku's ramen!"
 
"You're always hungry for ramen," Sakura pointed out with a small smile.
 
"Guilty as charged," Naruto replied. "Now let's get going!"
Next Scene
"This is most troubling," Tsunade said after listening to Naruto's report. "Well, I'm glad you're still alive brat. I've got a mission for you." Naruto's shoulders sagged. There go his plans with Hinata for the night.
 
"Oh, come on, Tsunade-baachan!" He whined, only to get punched in the face.
 
"Don't complain," Tsunade said. "You, Sasuke and Sakura are just going to check on Otogakure. Now that Orochimaru is gone," Naruto puffed up with pride; "Oto is probably in chaos." Tsunade gave him a long, hard stare. "This is reconnaissance. R-E-C-O-N-N-A-I-S-S-A-N-C-E. Nothing more." Naruto pouted.
 
"I get it, I get it. We just stay in the shadows and report back on what we find." Tsunade nodded.
 
"Now this is an A-class mission." Naruto felt like he was going to cry. His first official A-ranker! His grin turned into a frown.
 
"I am NOT going to get into a fight, Obaachan. I can read your thoughts you know." Tsunade just shooed him off. Naruto grumbled before leaping out the window to find his teammates.
Next Scene
"Why so glum, Naruto?" Sakura asked as they grew ever closer to Otogakure. "I thought you'd be excited!"
 
"I am excited," Naruto replied. "But Hina-chan looked so sad when I told her I had to leave on a mission and cancel our date." Sakura giggled at her teammate. Sasuke coughed to get both their attentions.
 
"We should split up to be less conspicuous now that we're getting closer." Naruto and Sakura nodded and went in opposite directions to surround the upcoming village. Naruto did his best to his chakra as he made it to the brush right outside Oto.
 
'Weird, everything looks so calm,' he thought to himself, his eyes narrowing.
 
SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT, KIT. Kyubi's warning was unfortunately to late, for Naruto fell to the ground, fast asleep.
 
Dun, dun, DUN! Cliffhanger! Please R & R!