Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sight Seeing ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto

Thank you two my two reviewers Rhea_Foxx and Oni to Sakura. Because of their constructive criticism, I think that this chapter turned out very well. It’s a bit shorter than the last one.

Here is the second chapter. Read, review and enjoy.

*@*@*@*


‘I have to get up soon,’ Kay thought. She pressed a button on her alarm clock and it said “7:00"*. Rolling over and groaning she pulled the covers off her and threw her legs over the edge of the bed, staying there for a moment before standing up, stretching.

“Need... shower... wake up,” she mumbled to herself, walking to the bathroom and turning the water on, stepping in. ‘Ah, that’s the best way to start a day’ she thought. ‘Nice and squeaky clean!’

She got out of the shower and dried of before brushing her hair and putting it in two french braids to keep all hair out of her face and got her new clothes on. She then ate the breakfast of champions, four waffles with maple flavoured syrup and icing sugar, before grabbing her sandals and walking across the hall to get Hayate to take her to the bridge.

It took less time for him to open the door this time then last night, even though anything would have beaten it. He opened it right after she knocked as if he was right behind the door to start with. He looked up and down at her new clothes and how she had her hair.

“I like your hair,” he complemented. Kay blushed slightly “So, you ready to go?”

Kay nodded as they headed for the elevator. She looked normal but on the inside she was about to explode with excitement. ‘Self-containment’, her father had always told her.’Don’t let others know completely how you feel. Contain your inner most thoughts and feelings and anything that might get in the way.’ Her dad was a retired ninja. She didn’t really like it but he said it like a broken record and broken records get stuck in your head after time.
Once they were out of the elevator Kay slipped her arm through Hayate’s and started walking through the village.

“You’re tensed up,” Kay told him after a while, looking up at him. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine it’s just that people are staring at us,” he confessed. “And the older women are giving us looks of ‘Aren’t they cute? They remind me when I first met my husband,” he sighed. “It’s just a little unnerving, that’s all.”

Kay nodded knowingly. “Every guy who has helped me like this has told me that except Genma. And I tell them the same thing. Suck it up! Looks don’t kill, especially those kinds, and sometimes it’s fun to play along with it.”

Hayate frowned and then smiled, relaxing. “I guess you’re right,” he looked at his watch. “It’s only 7:30. Do you want to get coffee or something?”

“That sounds like a plan to me,” Kay agreed. “But I want chocolate milk. I can’t drink coffee in the morning.”

They went to the next coffee shop that they came across and ordered there drinks when they sat down at a table. No one said anything until their drinks came. Hayate got a large double double and Kay got a extra large double chocolate milk. For a while they just sat there sipping there drinks.

“So,” Kay started. “I haven’t heard your most embarrassing yet but you’ve heard mine. I hardly think that’s fair”

“Alright. When I was thirteen I went to some farm where this baby cows mom died so we had to bottle feed it. When I got back to academy when we had to tell what we did for our vacation. I started telling everyone about how this calf’s mom died so we had to bottle feed it but I ended up saying that we had to breastfeed it. Now if you ask anyone in my old class what I do for fun they’ll say that I breastfeed cows.”

“Ouch, that’s harsh,” Kay said, agreeing that it was pretty embarrassing . “What time is it now?”

Hayate looked at his watch, “8:00. We still have a lot of time. But lets get to the bridge first.”

Kay nodded and they finished their drinks in silence. When they were done, Hayate payed for the drinks and they left the store, once again arm and arm. The streets were getting busy as shops were opening up to the public and it was making it hard to walk without getting jostled a lot. But once they were out of the main business area it got considerably less crowded.

“Well here we are,” Hayate said. “Now all we have to do is wait for about an hour and he should be here.”

Kay nodded to this new information and sat down against the bridges railing, legs stretched out in front of her.

***
Bored. That was the only thing that could describe Kay right now. She had been sitting, standing, and sitting again for the last hour and Kakashi still hadn’t shown up. Bored, bored, bored!

“Yo!”

Kay jumped up and spun around to where the voice came from.

“I’m late, I know but I was playing with my dogs and the ball we were using had a bad bounce and broke my neighbours window and I had to go and help her fix it so, yah,” It was Kakashi. “But we should get going now.”

Hayate walked over to Kakashi and told him to take Kay home after they were done. He said bye to Kay and jumped away.

“Well let’s get going then,” Kakashi said happily. “First thing we are going to do is work on your stamina. But for now I tell you we will about ninjutsus, taijutsus and genjutsu until we get there.”

He was walking and talking at the same time so Kay had to hurry to follow.

“And chakra too, of course.”he added. “Okay listen closely. Taijustsu is hand to had combat. It needs no chakra to do, only stamina. That is what we will work on first. Genjutsu are illusionary techniques and ninjutsu are you techniques used in battle. Both of those need chakra. Chakra is made by converting your stamina, or physical energy, into spiritual energy called chakra. Well go into it more when we get to it. Okay we’re here. This is the training grounds. We will be spending a lot of time here.”

Kakashi stopped walking so Kay nearly walked into him.

“Before we do anything, I want you to walk around the area. Get to know the borders of it where the tree’s are and if there are any holes or hills, okay. You need to be completely accustomed to this area. You need to have no problems with the surroundings.”

‘Yep, I knew this was going to be hard,’ Kay thought to herself while scouting the perimeter of the area. She had walked two laps of it and was now running it. After a couple more laps she went inwards and zigged-zagged across the field.

“Kakashi,” Kay called. “Call out directions that I should run every few moments okay?”

“Left.”

Kay took off running to the left. She knew where the trees were and she still had some distance to go before she would hit them.

“Left.”

After a few more directional changes she knew the grounds pretty good. “Okay, I’m ready.”

“Good,” Kakashi said. “Now do one hundred crunches and then run two laps around the area.”

Kay paled when she heard this new command, but she got to the ground and started her crunches non the less. They weren’t that bad because she had to do them a lot at her old home. ‘78, 79 ,80, so far so good,’ she thought to herself. ‘89, 89. Come on, ten more. 99. 100'

She jumped up and started running around the training area. One lap down. Two laps down.

“What now Kakashi?” Kay asked, not at all winded.

“One hundred push-ups,” he ordered. “And then one hundred burpies.”

“Push-ups, my favourite,’ Kay thought sarcastically to herself as she lowered herself on to the ground. ‘I hate doing push-ups. I hate doing push-ups. 95, 96, 97, 98 , 99, 100!’

Kay had to remind herself what burpies were. Then she remembered, jump up, land like a frog, kick your legs out behind you, repeat... 99 more times.

‘Well I was always good at these.’ Kay thought. ‘We had to do two hundred during fitness tests.’

Up, down, out. Up, down, out. Up, down, out. ‘98, 99, 100!’

“I’m done!” Kay called happily, hoping for a break.

“That’s good,” Kakashi said. “Now run twenty more laps.”

Kay groaned at what she had to do but at her old home she was known as ‘Little one with big wind.’ It was a doubled edged sword. It meant that she could run long distances without tiring or becoming short of breath. But it also meant that she was a small person who could talk a lot.

She finished the three laps and walked over to Kakashi and sat down in front of him and gave him a big yawn.

“Is watching me tiring?”she asked innocently. “Cause it makes me tired just thinking about it.”
Kakashi just chuckled and sat down beside her. He looked up at the sky and smiled. “You did really good for today.” he told her. “Do you want to do more or do you want to call it a day?”

Kakashi had no idea what this girl was like. Most girls Kay’s age were really lazy, always wanting breaks after everything. So far Kay hadn’t even asked is she could have a break, let alone demand one.

“Of course I want to do more!” Kay exclaimed, jumping up. “I’m already way behind as it is. No wasting time for me. I have to do as much as I can before I pass out or you make me stop!”

This kind of girl was different from what Kakashi had seen before. They all wanted to stop as soon as they were given a chance. Kakashi chuckled at her enthusiasm. “Alright, but we are going to play a game,” he said. “It’s kinda like hide and seek except you’ll always play the seeker and I will always hide in this area, not in the trees. Okay.”

Kay thought it over in her head. What was the point in this. She was at disadvantage without sight. This game it was to work on sensing people. “Alright”

Kakashi jumped away and moved to about three different spots, purposely making noise so she could tell where he was a bit.

Kay listened hard for any noise he made and figured out that he was to her left. It was a start but she still hadn’t found his exact location. She calmed herself down and listened for any sound that he made and tried to feel his presence.

Her head shot up and looked straight for where Kakashi was standing. “Left. Five steps forward, two to the left,” she mumbled.

She turned left and walked five steps forward and then two to the left and bumped into Kakashi.

“Wow,” she breathed, “I didn’t know I could do that.”

Kakashi was shocked that she had found him so soon and how exact she had been. “Okay let’s try this again.”

This time he made no noise, and jumped over her to the other side of the clearing. Standing completely still, he made no noise.

‘What was that?’ Kay asked herself. She had felt a breeze go over her head. ‘I bet it was Kakashi.’

Kay turned around and concentrated on Kakashi’s presence. Yes, she was right. He was on the other side of the clearing. It had been him go over her head. Without bother counting the steps, Kay walked straight towards him but this time stopped right in front of him.

Kakashi was confused at what she was doing. ‘She does know I’m right here, doesn’t she?’

Kay lifted her left hand in the air and pointed to the sky. Kakashi followed her finger with his eye. She lowered her arm but still kept her finger pointed, and poked him in the stomach.

“I found you!” Kay exclaimed, poking him again. She tried to go for a third time but he grabbed her wrist to stop her.

Kakashi smiled under his mask. What this girl could do with sensing people was amazing. ‘Well,’ he thought, ‘she did always no where people were in the same room as her. Guess she’s being doing it all her life without knowing it.’

“That’s good for today,” he told her. Kay immediately pouted. “But if you should do some crunches and push-ups at home. And if you find something to do it on, some chin-ups too.”

“But I don’t want to be finished,” Kay pouted. “I want to keep working.”

Kakashi thought on this for a moment and came up with an idea. “Okay, but this is the last thing. We will walk home through the village’s most busy streets but you can’t hold on to me. You have to follow me by knowing my presence.”

They took off for the busy, crowded streets of Konoha. Now just trying to follow someone is hard enough through those streets, but when you have to follow someone just by feeling their presence is a different story entirely. People bump and jostle you around, knocking your shoulder while you’re trying to concentrate is very dis-concentrating.Kay lost Kakashi’s presence several times but eventually found it again.

“Let’s try something different,” Kakashi said after a bit, dropping back to walk beside her when they made it out of the main business area . “Try to keep up.” He said before running away.

Kay cringed when she felt him dart away but followed him as best as she could. He was running faster than Kay could and she was falling behind. She felt his presence get farther and farther away until she could no longer feel it. ‘Oh damn,’she thought to herself. She was hopelessly lost and, as much as she didn’t want to admit it, she needed help. ‘Well, Kakashi will realize that I’m not following him anymore and hopefully come back for me. But I should keep going the this way since I think he went this way.’

With that in her mind she continued on her way. She hadn’t noticed it earlier because her excitement but it was really cold out. Her fingers were freezing so she started blowing on her fingers and rubbing her arms, trying to warm up. It wasn’t really working so she kept on walking, hands in pockets and shivering, hoping that Kakashi would find her soon.

Soon a familiar presence hit her. She started running over to where she felt it but it was still a long ways off and as if it was moving. She was nearly caught up to Kakashi when he turned around and smiled. “I see you caught up. Glad you made it though. Thought that I might have had to go find you.” Kakashi said, and then commented, “My you look cold though, and like you don’t have the energy to walk.”

Kay managed a small grin. It was true, she could barely walk. Today had taken more out of her than she thought and she was dead tired. “Well I haven’t passed out yet,” Kay said grinning. “So I’m not done yet. Said so earlier. So what now?”

Kakashi knew how much the body could take and he knew that if she could make it for five minutes before passing out would be a challenge. “Alright.” he relented. “You have to make it five minutes without passing out or falling, or anything like that.”

Kakashi just stared at her like she had grown another head. She was like the energizer bunny. Just keeps going, and going, and going. Kay smiled even though she was really tired. Too easy. “Alright, but you can’t run away on me again.” She enjoyed making the rules for once. Kakashi agreed and they started walking home.

****

Four minutes later Kay started swaying slightly as she walked. She had to hold on for one more minute. ‘But I’m sooo tired.’ She complained to herself. Kakashi had seen her sway as she walked. He slowed down until he was walking beside her, just incase she fell he could catch her.

Another thirty seconds later and Kay had it. As if in slow motion she crumpled to the near ground, asleep. Kakash had caught her just before she hit the ground. Lifting her on to his back, he realized how cold she was. No dawdling back today. If Kay didn’t get back soon she would get sick. He turned to the direction of her complex and started running towards it, jumping over various buildings to speed up their progress.

Kay’s building coming to sight, Kakashi slowed down. There was no reason to burst into the building, making it look like something was seriously wrong. Now it might be fun to do, but not this time. Kakashi walked into the lobby and up the stairs, heading for Hayate’s door. He knocked twice and waited for it to be answered. No one answered it. Sighing, he continued on until he came to Izumo’s door. He once again knocked twice before stepping back to wait for it to be opened. A few seconds later it was opened and Izumo greeted Kakashi.

“Here’s your sister. She’s asleep right now and I really have to go so take her,” Kakashi said as he took Kay off his back and pushed her into Izumo’s arms, poofing away. Izumo just looked at the girl in his arms and then realising that she was freezing cold. Carrying her into his house and pushing the door closed with his foot, he put her on the couch. He grabbed a blanket out of the closet, covering her with it, shaking his head mumbling, “Kakashi.”
****

When Kay woke up, she found herself laying on a couch under a blanket. She started to sit up but a voice made her pause. “Just lay down and relax,” Izumo said softly. It sounded like he was making something in the kitchen. Kay took his advice and layed back down. A few minutes later he came into her line of vision, carrying a steaming cup of tea.. “Okay, you can sit up if you want now.”

Kay stretched her arms over her head, yawning, before slowly sitting up. She ached all over. How had she missed that when she tried to sit up earlier. She looked around for a moment before accepting the offered cup of tea. “How did I get here?” She asked, scratching her head in confusion.

“Well, Kakashi knocked on the door, carrying you on his back. He kinda of just handed you off and you were freezing cold, so I just took you in,” he explained. “And you’ve been sleeping there for about an hour.”

Kay nodded in understanding after taking a sip of her tea. She could feel a headache coming on so she finished the last bit of her tea and then layed back down underneath the blanket. “Polar fleece,” she mumbled, “my favourite.” She feel into a light sleep soon after.

When she woke up about twenty minutes later she could smell something cooking. Propping herself up on her elbows she looked over to the kitchen where Izumo was cooking something on the stove. Pushing herself all the way up, she pulled her blanket off and put her feet on the floor. She paused for a moment before standing up and walking to the kitchen table, sitting down with a thump. Walking had made her dizzy.

Kay just sat and watched as Izumo made what she guessed was soup. About five minutes later he brought two bowls to the table. Kay looked into the one that was put in front of her. She was right, it was soup. “Cream of chicken,” Izuno said. “I didn’t know what you liked so I made my favourite. Hope that’s okay with you.”

Kay just nodded her head and mumbled, “My favourite too.”

She slowly ate her soup, blowing on it before she ate it so she wouldn’t burn her tongue. They didn’t say much when they ate. Mainly because they either didn’t know what to talk about, Izumo, or had to much of a headache, Kay. When Kay finished she took her bowl and put it in the sink, rinsing it out. She then walked back to the couch and fell in to a deep sleep.

*@*@*@*

*When you push the button on it tells the person the time with words.

There we go. Second chapter finished! Wow, I think this is going pretty good. I was on a roll but I got kicked off the computer cause I swore at my brother. I decided that it was a good place to finish the chapter. Anyways, tell me what you think and remember, constructive criticism helps me right better. But I still like compliments too. ^.^
Also, I will fix up the first chapter and it’s spacing problem as soon as I can.













< br>