Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Silence ❯ Silence ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto. I make no money from this.
 
The only sound in my apartment is the tick-tock of my clock.
 
There's never any sound in here, but I can hear the voices of the people outside.
 
I can hear their excited chatter, the high-pitched giggles of the girls, and the admonishing tone of a mother's voice.
 
Who's my mother? Who's my father? Sometimes, I'll just look at the peoples faces to see if I look anything like them.
 
To see if I really belong anywhere, but...
 
I'm just a bastard orphan. It would be okay if it was just that. But it's not. There's this stupid fox.
 
This stupid fox who didn't make himself known for twelve years. Twelve years!
 
The first time he did, was when Sasuke was killed. Well, he didn't actually die, but it felt like he did, and then there was just this dark feeling boiling up from inside me, and when I released it, it was not by conscious choice. I had to avenge his death. His death for me.
 
'Dobe.'
 
With that smirk that said that he knew he was better than me, but then he just had to go and die. That's what I couldn't forgive. He's the so-called Uchiha genius. He can't die. Much less die for a dobe.
 
...But I didn't get my vengeance. That beautiful boy, Haku, ran off and sacrificed himself. Sacrificed himself for the one he called "Master," who seemingly didn't care for him beyond his usefulness as a "tool." He died for him, and in the end you could see how much Zabuza did care for him. Zabuza got himself looking like a porcupine - much like Sasuke. His wrath was something to behold. He really was a demon.
 
Then Sakura-chan asked where Sasuke was, is he alright?
 
I had forgotten. Through all of the action of the battle, I had forgotten. He died for me, and I forgot.
 
It was like a stab through the heart with a particularly sharp and large senbon needle. It hurt.
 
Sakura-chan took my lack of an answer as the worst possible outcome that it could be - and it was, but I couldn't tell her that. How could I? Plaster on that big grin that I always wear, and tell her in a falsely-cheerful voice, "Oh, Sasuke? He's dead - over there. He sacrificed himself for me."
 
I couldn't do that to Sakura-chan.
 
I couldn't protect him. I was too weak. I couldn't- "Sasuke's alive."
 
The voice of Kakashi-sensei saying that to me has stayed in my mind since then and the words will come to me, and help me keep my belief that Sasuke is still alive - stupid bastard that he is, but an alive, stupid bastard.
 
 
 
Please give me some feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's short, but I plan on doing more.