Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sin Eater ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“GET OUT OF HERE!” Kakashi shouted. “You've got no chance against this guy! Run away as far as possible! Our mission is to safeguard Tazuna-san!”
 
Demon Eyes Laharl Presents:
 
Sasuke could only growl. “Our chances of escaping lowered once you got caught, Kakashi-sensei…” he closed his eyes. “To succeed this mission, we have to free you first!”
 
Team 7 and Tazuna
 
“GET OUT OF HERE!” Kakashi shouted again. He was stupid… he was careless. And he underestimated his opponent. But even in his water encased cage, he still thought of the mission, and his genin students.
 
Naruto as the Sin Eater in:
 
Sin Eater: Sin versus the Devil of the Mist
 
Team 7 and Tazuna had successfully infiltrated Water Country, and was about to walk towards the town when Sin just suddenly moved towards the bushes, and before anyone could say anything to him, he came back out with a snow white rabbit.
 
Sakura wasn't impressed. She talked about how much noise he made when he went towards the bushes, and all for an unimportant animal. Sasuke stayed silent as usual, but Kakashi noted on the white rabbit, and knew someone was around… a ninja… for a snow white rabbit that wasn't near on his habitat would have made the animal would have been a tool in using a replacement jutsu.
 
And before they knew it, a sword flew overhead. Team 7, Kakashi, and Tazuna ducked as the sword embedded itself on the tree, and out came the Devil of the Mist himself… Zabusa. Kakashi took a moment, and removed the head protector from his eye, revealing a Sharingan underneath… surprising both Sasuke and Sakura, both on different accounts. Sakura was disbelieved that their jounin was actually a legendary ninja. Sasuke didn't believe that Kakashi had the Sharingan, as the Sharingan is a bloodline of only the Uchiha Clan… his clan.
 
There was a momentary scuffle, but in the end, after Kakashi had cornered to what he believed was Zabusa, which in fact was a water clone, and the Devil of the Mist was able to corner him towards the water, and entrap him an a sphere of liquid. And he also called out a Water clone which will finish the job for him, because Zabusa can't move with to maintain the water sphere entrapping Kakashi.
 
Two genins, their care, and Sin against a water clone… and not just any water clone… the water clone of the missing-nin Zabusa, who people lovingly call “The Devil”. Chances were, as Zabusa thought, good. Fire Country ninjas have the reputation of being of being soft treated… It didn't mean they had weak ninjas, but the way they are brought up was nothing compared the way Zabusa was brought up. The man had killed just to graduate to genin. What did these kids do? They are probably unblooded… weaklings. Insults as ninjas.
 
“You are better off running,” he said in a slow yet steady voice. “You all are no match for me…”
 
Sasuke gritted. His blood boiled. The Uchiha Clan were clans of hard headed people… too arrogant because of their bloodline ability of the Sharingan. It was no surprise that his anger rose, even if he knew that Zabusa was doing nothing but telling them the truth. Sasuke Uchiha, a prodigy he might be, but at his level against a Jounin-level “Devil” he'd be fighting almost impossible odds.
 
But he didn't care. He charged towards the water clone… he knows, from his days at the academy, that clones generally have only 10% strength of the caster, which meant, as long as he could get one direct hit, the clone would disappear. He took out his kunai, and ran as fast as he could and took a stab at the clone's abdomen. But before he could reach and kill it, the clone grabbed his head, and just practically threw him back towards Sakura. He landed with a roll, making a safe fall… and realized that his forehead protector was gone.
 
The clone was holding it… dropped it in the ground, and stomped on it hard. “You don't deserve to wear such… bold signs of you being a ninja. None of you deserve the prestige nor the right to call yourselves ninjas. You are nothing but kids… playing ninjas.”
 
“Shut up,” Sasuke whispered through gritted teeth. He was beginning to save his strength for another assault. He stood up, and got his kunai ready.
 
“Oh, still willing to try?” Zabusa laughed. “You have tenacity… but you are no where near my level… and you never will be. Do you think you can jut be ninjas without knowing the true meaning of being ninjas?”
 
“T-true meaning?” Sakura stammered. She was scared to the bone… no one, not even her mother could have scared here this way… and her mother was probably the scariest person she knew.
 
“Ninjas are tools… of death,” Zabusa replied. Sakura's eyes widened. “Yes… we ultimately kill people. Ninjas main objective is to kill. Not to go and serve poor people… gardening, or finding lost pets, whatever I hear your village does… I can sense that you have not even had killed.” He gave a very derisive laugh. “And you want to go against me… I'll have you know… I had to kill my friends… just to graduate to genin.”
 
Kakashi looked at Zabusa… “The banned Hidden Village of the Mist graduation test…”
 
Zabusa looked at him… “Oh, you've heard of it?”
 
“Yes… the old graduation test of the Mist Village… a deathmatch. The survivors graduate… those that die… die…” Kakashi put his head down. Sakura gave another audible gasp. “But that test was banned… after a kid just brutally murdered every kid he was taking the test with… even those he wasn't fighting against…”
 
Zabusa's eyes closed. “Heh… the first time I ever killed someone… it was addicting.”
 
Sasuke began to back away. His rational thoughts were coming back. Maybe… maybe he really can't do anything. He knows a lot of Jutsu… mostly fire… but the thing with fire is that it's slow… and he knew the clone wouldn't just be standing there to take it. And he didn't want to get close anymore… he was lucky the clone didn't use his sword to slice him.
 
Sakura backed away as well. No way was a bookworm like her going to make this out alive by charging along. She can't fight… she gave herself no illusions she could. She knew basic jutsus by heart… but she was facing a missing nin strong enough to capture her teacher, who she just learned, was a very known and strong nin.
 
Tazuna backed away as well. He'd run, if it wasn't for his feeling of guilt in placing three kids in this situation… maybe… maybe he was better off being arrested for giving false information. It would have been better than sending these kids to their doom.
 
Sin… took a step forward. And then another… and then another… and another… until he came in a few short distance between himself and the clone. Sasuke, Tazuna, Sakura, Kakashi and even Zabusa were surprised.
 
“Sin!” Sakura called. “What are you doing! Get away! There is no way you can beat that clone!”
 
“Yeah,” Sasuke put his two cents in. “You couldn't do anything when those two brother ninjas were attacking us!”
 
Sin didn't turn to them, nor did he even inclined his head to confirm that he heard them. Kakashi shouted… “SIN! RUN!”
 
The clone moved first, running and slashed towards the boy in black… only to have hit nothing but air. And in a fraction of a second, he saw the boy's knee going straight towards his head… and there was a loud crack that filled the air… and the clone fell on its back… turning to water before it hit the ground.
 
Sin landed on the ground after his rising knee attack without disturbing the dust on the ground. Everyone's faces suddenly showed the utmost shock. “What… the hell?” Kakashi whispered.
 
“So what if you killed when you were young?” Sin spoke, looking towards Zabusa, and began to walk towards him. “Killing is nothing but ending a human life to you… isn't that right?” He took a step. “Killing is nothing but a step to be a ninja, isn't that right?” He took another step. “Well… let me re-educate you, Zabusa-san. Killing is a sin.”
 
Sakura and Sasuke couldn't talk… too shocked to know what the hell is going on.
 
Sin paused at his fifth step. “Actually… let me re-phrase that. Killing for the wrong reason… is a sin. I really can't tell you about right or wrongs… because frankly… I don't know.” He continued walking.
 
“What are you talking about?” Zabusa backed a step. Just one step… but Kakashi saw the significance… an A-Level Missing nin was backing away from a kid. A kid, who destroyed a clone and not even Kakashi saw the move, even with his Sharingan on.
 
“Sin… is a self mutilation done by a soul. As I have gone around in my studies… I have concluded that the Universe has one Universal Truth,” Sin removed his shades, revealing those cold blue eyes staring straight at Zabusa. “And that Truth, my friend, has sub-truths in which all souls ultimately follow. One of those sub-truths is the truth of sin… A soul, abiding by the law, will mutilate itself in case it commits a sin.” He was getting quite close to Zabusa and Kakashi when he stopped. “And I peer down your soul… and see nothing but blackness. Your soul has been mutilating itself far too long.”
 
Sin vanished, and suddenly appeared in the air in front of Zabusa, extending his leg to kick the Devil on his face. The man moved at once, letting go of the sphere he was holding, and backed away towards the waters. Kakashi was released, hitting the water, and submerging, and Sin just stood there, at the top of the water like Zabusa, staring at him.
 
“Your soul tells me one thing…” Sin continued talking towards Zabusa. “Your life is a wasted life. So I shall hand down a judgment. You will die… by my hands.”
 
“Sin… wait,” Kakashi grabbed the boy's ankle. “Let me take care of him…”
 
“No, Kakashi-san… your eye is draining you. And besides… this is my job,” Sin continued to move, walking towards Zabusa, who had his sword out and ready.
 
“You're quite powerful for a boy at your age…” Zabusa admitted.
 
“If you can strike me down… I'll show you how powerful I really can be,” Sin dashed towards Zabusa, his fist ready, and the man jumped towards the left, and threw his sword towards the charging boy. Sin, to the disbelieved eyes of Team 7, Tazuna and Kakashi, rolled in the air, caught the sword on its handle, and threw it hard towards where Zabusa was going to land. The man had planned to create seals and unleash a jutsu when he saw the sword he threw coming back at him with wicked speed.
 
Zabusa cursed silently, and jumped towards the left, where suddenly, he saw a blur, and before he could do anything, he felt something hard hit him behind the head… Sin was there, his knee high up again, but this time, his other foot didn't leave the water as he gave a modified roundhouse right behind the head of Zabusa. The man fell down hard, lost balance, and fell into the waters. Sin moved a few steps back, looking at where Zabusa had fell, and a few moments later, the man came up.
 
His eyes were steely… His hands grabbed the surface of the water like it was solid, pulled himself up, and stood at the water surfaces. Sin gave a short nod. Seems like the Devil of the Mist is about to get serious. And without warning, Zabusa suddenly dashed with very fast and almost unseen speed, and hit Sin hard with a kick on his chest, followed by an uppercut, and then ended with a jumping half circle kicking Sin right in the face.
 
Sakura's eyes bulged. “SIN!” she shouted.
 
The boy didn't seem to react to her shout, as he calmly just rolled in the air, and landed neatly at the water, only to see Zabusa had started and finished doing a series of seals, and unleashed a very strong water dragon attack towards the boy… and Zabusa smiled a bit when he heard the dragon hit its target with a loud splash.
 
Kakashi's eyes widened, and so did Sasuke's. Sakura was about to shout again, when Sin was just there… standing after the Dragon Water Blast technique. Zabusa's eyes widened with shock. “What are you?!” he demanded.
 
“You're Grim Reaper…” Sin replied. “This may not be as good as yours… but then, the effects are the same…” And he suddenly raised his foot high in the air, his leg unbending, and when it reached its highest peak, he shoves it down hard with a speed that was indescribable. The only thing which seemed to indicate how fast his downward axe kick was the water suddenly splitting to and forming a funnel which just drove itself to Zabusa who, when hit hard, flew and was thrown towards the tree, pinning him there, slumped, and apparently defeated.
 
Sin was about to charge in when needles suddenly flew and attached itself in Zabusa's neck. His eyes widened… and stopped moving. His head slumped down. Sakura gasped. Tazuna's mouth went open. Sasuke went to a ready position. What now?
 
A masked boy bearing a sign of being a part of the Hidden Village of the mist came to view, standing in a branch of a tree towards the left where Zabusa had lain. The figure came down and went appeared beside Zabusa. After looking at the man, and put two fingers at his neck, the masked boy looked at Sin and Team 7, and gave a short bow. “Thank you for your assistance… I have been hunting him for the past few weeks. Thanks to you I was able to find an opening and finish him with no trouble.”
 
Sakura and Sasuke stared hard at the boy for a few minutes, partly suspicious and partly shocked. The masked boy is almost at their age… and he seemed so… nonchalant about killing! It wasn't until Kakashi tapped both on their shoulders that they settled their gaze. “It's alright… We are glad we helped a bit.”
 
“Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura asked her teacher.
 
“It's okay Sakura,” Kakashi replied, giving a small smile. “I recognize his uniform and mask. He is one of the Mist Missing Nin Hunters.”
 
“Oh? You recognize it?” the masked boy asked.
 
“Yes, I've visited the Hidden Village of the Mist a few times in my life,” Kakashi gave a reply.
 
“In that case, I shall leave you all,” the masked boy declared, taking Zabusa's body and carrying on his back. He made a seal, and slowly disappeared as the mist surrounded him. Sin looked at where the boy disappeared, and then whipped his glasses back on. He gave a look at Kakashi.
 
“I told you to stop using that eye,” Sin stated. “You do know the Sharingan will drain you more in rest than in battle?”
 
“Yes, I know,” Kakashi covered his eye with his forehead protector. “I was… just looking out for you.”
 
“Liar,” Sin replied easily. “I suppose my little… show caught your attention.”
 
Kakashi scratched his head… “Yeah… kinda…” Sasuke's eyes went to Sin, and narrowed at once. Kakashi recognized that facial expression, so he opted to get things moving before something else happens. “Um… Sin, either its me, or are you not what you seem…”
 
“What do you perceive of me being what I seem?” Sin asked.
 
“… that didn't make sense…” Sakura whispered.
 
“I know for one that villages do teach ninjitsu with a few chosen kids… but you…” Kakashi looked at Sin. “You are different. You move like no ordinary ninja would. You don't use ninja tools, nor do you seem to use the normal taijitsu, and I didn't even see you do any ninjitsu. Now, either I'm way behind at times, or you really aren't what you seem to be… a ninja trained from the city.”
 
Sin gave a small smile, which Sakura and Sasuke correctly translated as a smile of amusement rather than annoyance. “You're quite correct, Kakashi-san… but now, lets move. We shouldn't talk in the open… When we get to Tazuna's house, I'll explain more.”
 
Team 7, Tazuna and Sin then continued on its journey. After a while, the fog began to dissipate, and everyone could see more clearly as the sun shone down on them. For their whole silent trip, Tazuna spoke first. “I'm glad one of our problems are gone…”
 
“Don't be too sure, Tazuna-san,” Sin replied.
 
“What do you mean by that?” Sasuke asked.
 
Sin looked at him. “Life… is so everchanging… and so unpredictable.”
 
“… he doesn't make sense…” Sakura gave a short whisper.
 
“… either that or we are just stupid to know…” Kakashi scratched his head.
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
The masked boy laid Zabusa in a bed, and slowly removed the needles. He grabbed a moist towel, and wiped the dirt of the man's face, and then, after removing the needles, he he slowly began to clean the wound.
 
After a few minutes, Zabusa's hand suddenly grabbed the masked boy's hand. The latter in a firm yet gentle manner, put the hand on Zabusa's side. “Don't move, Zabusa-sama…”
 
“Haku… did you really have to use the needles there?” Zabusa asked, emotionless.
 
“It's the only place where I can get the effect without damaging your face…” Haku, the boy, replied.
 
“Hmph… because of this I'll be set back for a few days… and add more for my wounds… that boy…” Zabusa stiffened a bit. “He took everything I gave him, and he wasn't even breathing hard.”
 
“I… watched the whole thing, Zabusa-sama…” Haku replied. “The boy seemed almost impervious to all your attacks… and he seemed to not be using his whole strength at all…”
 
“And you're comments then, Haku? How do we deal with the boy?” Zabusa asked.
 
“Take him by surprise… slash him in half… or use the needles to puncture lethal points in his body,” Haku replied easily. “It will be hard, but not impossible.”
 
“Heh… and how is your assessment of the Sharingan?” Zabusa asked.
 
“… I believe its nothing but a trick. Since the boy interfered, I might not asses it fully, but considering what I saw… the Sharingan is still an eye… it needs to see or else it would be useless… and it seems, from what I heard from the boy, the eye drains Kakashi quite fast.”
 
“Heh… good. We have ample time to prepare our counter attack.”
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
“I'm home!” Tazuna called as he entered the house. He was immediately greeted back by a woman younger than him, and a few seconds later, a young boy, younger than Sin, Sakura and Sasuke came to view, but stopped on his tracks when he saw Team 7 and Sin. “Who are they?” he asked, rather rudely actually.
 
“These people are protecting me as I complete the bridge,” Tazuna smiled, a bit proud at Team 7. His whole attitude of the Team changed quite dramatically after having survived two ninja assaults. If the team was only of genin… just wonder how chunnin teams would be. “Ninjas I hired from the Hidden Village of the Leaf in Fire Country.”
 
The boy took a long look at them, and huffed. “They won't live… They'll die for going against Gatou…” and he turned and ran upstairs again.
 
Sasuke and Sakura had wondered about that, although the former hasn't shown his concern like Sakura, who was now open mouthed and looking at where the boy had gone. Tazuna bowed a bit, ashamed. “Uh… sorry about Inari… he tends to do that…”
 
“Please, you are just in time for dinner,” the woman said. “I'll make some extra batches of soup, and grab some more bread…”
 
Sin raised his hand… “Please… you don't need to trouble yourself for me. I can go on without food for a while…”
 
“But that won't do… please… it will be no trouble at all,” the woman smiled.
 
“Then, I shall accept your generous offer…” Sin gave a short bow.
 
“Please, sit down while I go and prepare more food…”
 
Team 7 and Sin both sat down at the chairs situated near the dining table. Tazuna himself sat down as well, after having some private word with the woman at who had now gone to the kitchen, and the atmosphere began to tense. Kakashi was now looking at Sin intently while Sakura intently watched Sasuke, who in turn tried not to look at Sin.
 
The boy in black spoke. “I guess you want me to explain myself?”
 
“Quite much, yes,” Kakashi replied.
 
“Well, as you have guessed by yourself, I am not a normal ninja… truth is… I'm not really a ninja,” Sin stated, earning some stares from Team 7 and Tazuna. “I was called in by the favor of Sarutobi-san, and under the orders of my… masters, if you want to call them that.”
 
“So… Hokage-sama asked you for a favor… that means your masters must be in friendly terms with the Hidden Village of the Leaf…” Kakashi theorized. If such a group was affiliated by the Leaf, then they might have had stronger allies than Kakashi actually knew. After all… a group with young men like these is bound to be quite… powerful.
 
“In truth, The Order, the name of my group, is actually quite… angry at the Leaf,” Sin smirked. “But they are in quite friendly terms with Sarotubi-san.”
 
Kakashi's mouth seemed to be open. “The… Order…?”
 
“Heard of them, I guess,” Sin shrugged.
 
“What's the Order?” Sakura asked. “Sounds like a bunch of weird men dressed in black… like some neo goth group. I mean… look at Sin's dress style…”
 
Kakashi's eyes widened, and slammed his hand quite angrily at the table, causing Sakura, Tazuna and Sasuke to look at him with awe. “Don't! Haruno Sakura… don't speak of the Order like that!” He suddenly turned to Sin… and gave a very deep apologetic bow. “I'm sorry. She… is ignorant. She doesn't know much about the great Order…”
 
Sin waved his hand. “Doesn't matter. Her ignorance does not fault her for giving a few harmless insults about the Order. But… it would be wise to educate your students of it.”
 
Kakashi closed his visible eye. “You're quite right, Sin-san…” he turned and faced his students. “As you both are well aware, leaders of a hidden village has the title of a `Kage' and each of them have a particular influence on the shinobi world… Our Hokage is part of that group. Now, for each Kage to successfully run their village, a balance of power should be maintained. There are many ways a Kage can give steady piece… one is taking missions from important clients, and have their fame spread around… or hold special meetings where each village can show what they got to offer…”
 
“Like the Chunnin exams, if I'm not mistaken,” Sin added.
 
“Yes… that too. Though there will be times when a village will suddenly upset the balance. Once that happens, two things will happen… War… or buying out weaker villages.” Kakashi gave Sin one last look, almost waiting for his input, but the boy just let him continue. “War is something which will happen between villages. It is sometimes settled after years, or none at all. Buying other villages out will cause an extreme and very upsetting balance. Imagine… one hidden village who had bought out 3 or 4 other villages, and waging war on the other villages… it has happened a lot of times.”
 
“It's happening everyday,” Sin corrected. “Hidden Villages, especially the stronger and richer ones are always out to recruit small or even very big villages… and sometimes for fun, these villages would form their own name and their own brand of shinobis. Take Grass Village for instance… they were an extended village of the Stone when Grass thought they should not be part of any affiliation and wanted to be an independent village. They asked Konoha for help.”
 
“And thus the war between Konoha and the Hidden village of the Stone started,” Kakashi nodded. “Ninja villages are quite complicated issues. And those issues have to be decided by one man, who'd represent a whole village… the Kage.”
 
Sakura frowned. She was expecting a cool story, not a history lesson. “We know this, Kakashi-sensei… what about that… Order? Is that another village or something?”
 
“The Order is a special… group. Dedicating themselves for balance, they have decided many wars, and upturned many decisions,” Kakashi looked at Sin again. He was silent. Kakashi continued. “They are somehow a power in which, if a village has its support, no matter how poor or small the village is asking for help… or how large and powerful they will be facing against, they would restore balance. During the war, the Order had been quite supportive of the Grass… and suggested that the Leaf help them. They are also the ones that have destroyed the tyrannical Hidden Village of Moon who had bought almost all his surrounding villages and declared war in every other village.”
 
“In short… they interfere with ninja villages,” Sasuke gave a small glare at Sin.
 
“Yes, quite,” Sin replied calmly, looking at Sasuke. You don't expect to believe that all ninja villages are at peace for showing off their power, don't you? Humans are chaotic tendencies… one day, maybe in the near future, or centuries later… or even tomorrow, a village will do something foolish to upset the delicate balance of peace between each village. And when it gets too much, the Order gets involved.”
 
“Is there anything you do other than interefere with villages?” Sasuke taunted.
 
“Quite… we hunt down very powerful Q-Class nins,” Sin replied nonchalantly.
 
“… Q-Class?” Sakura asked.
 
“Q-Class is a class going beyond S… criminals who have grown too powerful for their own good, and are committing acts of atrocity. Most Q-Class criminals would be possessed humans, mad humans… or even greater demons,” Sin explained. He gave a look at Sasuke. “Uchiha Sasuke is bordering the Q Class… and once he crosses over… the Order will issue a hunt.”
 
“Hmph,” Sasuke snorted. “No one but me can kill him.”
 
“I beg to differ, Uchiha-san… the Order have other members beyond my power. If you consider the highest to be 10… then my level is only a six,” Sin smiled. “And a six, my friend… is quite enough to kill your brother.”
 
Sasuke glared at Sin. The boy in black was challenging him.
 
“That's enough…” Kakashi said. “So… what is your mission?”
 
“To help Team 7 get a C Mission to go to the chunnin exams. And probably take the exams with you,” Sin gave a small smile. “Normally, doing so would let you all pass by tomorrow… and be chunnin faster than you can blink, but… I have said this once. I will help, only if you need help. That's the reason why I… what's that term again… froze? Yes… Froze when those two ninja brothers were attacking.”
 
He stood up. “And believe me… when you need help… I really mean you'll need help.” And with that, he walked away.
 
Sakura looked at the boy leave, and gave Kakashi a short stare. “What did he mean by that?”
 
“… he meant… if you were dieing… that's the only time he'll really step in.” Kakashi shivered. “And from what I just saw earlier… he wasn't kidding.”
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
The day after they arrived at Tazuna's house, Kakashi called his team and Sin towards the woods nearby. Once they arrived, Kakashi showed them the tree walking exercise, and told them to follow. Sasuke did six steps before he lost traction, and immediately recognized his mistakes. He was a genius after all. Sakura had a much easier time, as she was able to climb quite high, before she felt tired. Sin… he just watched with some fascination.
 
“Sin… aren't you going to climb with us?” Sakura asked him.
 
The boy looked at her quizzically and gave a short nod. And soon, he climbed all the way to the top, and then climbed all the way down, impressing both Kakashi and Sakura (though only somewhat. She still firmly believes that Sasuke-kun could beat Sin). Sasuke just made an annoying noise, and continued the exercise with more vigor.
 
“Well… it's no surprise Sin being able to do that…” Kakashi scratched his head. “I guess you are already doing the water walk?”
 
“No… I passed that. I'm on air walking now,” Sin replied with a shrug.
 
“… you're joking, right?” Kakashi asked, quite shocked, and quite expecting a `yes'.
 
“No, Kakashi-san… I'm not choking. I'm perfectly fine,” Sin gave a medium sized smile, and Sakura laughed appreciatively at the joke. Sasuke gave a small smirk. The two genins, as much as they don't trust Sin, appreciated when he put their teacher in place.
 
“But… but air walk is…” Kakashi stammered.
 
“Almost impossible, yes, but not entirely improbable,” Sin replied.
 
“Well… if that's the case… I guess… Sasuke and Sakura, keep doing your exercises, Sin, come with me,” and Kakashi turned and left, Sin following him.
 
Sasuke and Sakura watched Sin and their teacher leave. Sasuke turned back to his tree first, and continued his exercise. Sakura looked curious though. “Ne… Sasuke-kun… why do you think Kakashi is training us? I mean… wasn't Zabusa our biggest threat?”
 
“Even so… from the sound of it, Gatou seems to be quite powerful. Who knows who else he had hired to kill Tazuna-san,” Sasuke replied. “And besides… this is good training. We should keep training whenever we can.”
 
Sakura sighed. Here she was, alone with Sasuke, in relatively empty woods… and he was too busy on training. “Yeah… you're right…”
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 
Kakashi and Sin stayed side by side, walking towards Tazuna's house. Before they arrived though, Kakashi spoke to him. “Are you thinking what I am thinking?”
 
Sin gave him a glance. “If you are thinking of the possibility of Zabusa-san being alive and we have been duped, then yes.”
 
“After the battle, I slowly realized how wrong the hunter-nin was acting,” Kakashi put his hand on his chin. “Normally I am not that slow… but your actions at that time… made me distracted.”
 
“I understand. If you are asking my opinion, Kakashi-san, then yes, I do believe it's quite possible that Zabusa is alive and slowly recovering. I understand that's why you have started training Haruno-san and Uchiha-san,” Sin stated. He gave Kakashi a look. “You suspected that he was alive.”
 
“It's quite… probable,” Kakashi gave Sin a look, and also a small smile hidden behind his mask.
 
“Kakashi-san, one of these days, you will have to remove that mask,” Sin gave a small yet dark grin. “Unless of course, you want your student, Haruno-san to remove it for you… or maybe waiting for one of those jounin or chuunin female ninjas to do it for you. I can always feed the curiosity in them.”
 
“Hey, now, that's low,” Kakashi looked straight ahead, avoiding Sin's eyes.
 
“Oh? I didn't make your clan laws, you know,” Sin stated in a neutral manner. “You got no one to blame but your forefathers. And foremothers.”
 
“… foremothers? Is there even such a word?” Kakashi asked.
 
“Now, now, Kakashi-sensei… equal opportunity no matter what the sex,” Sin replied. “You don't want to be branded as a sexist, now, would you?”
 
“… that doesn't make sense…”
 
“It doesn't mean it does,” Sin smirked… and the two continued walking towards Tazuna's house.
 
 
To Be Continued:
 
Sin visits and looks at the local Wave Country experience, whilst giving Sakura some tips, and meeting with Haku. NEXT!