Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Stories of Metropolis: Battle for The Fire Country ❯ Arriving ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Diego woke up to see the sun beaming down on them, he notices that the trucks have stopped; he wiped his face as he and Jin somehow where on the top. Jin lay next to him as Diego got up and jumped out of the truck, he splashed some water on his face that was in his canteen. He looked around to see that they were still on the road, Diego then notices that the road change, its dirt instead of gravel and asphalt, he looked around the truck to see that all the vehicles has stopped.

Near Cartlon’s hummer was a tent pretty large, it would maybe fit the group he had, Diego decided to walk to the vehicle he looked inside to see that the Ed’s where sleeping in the vehicle each of them in each row of seats. Diego then looked to see were his crews was at, Diego looked in to see that they all piled up in one spot. Diego giggled as he saw the site.

In the next hour Cartlon was out of the tent, Diego was standing next to him Cartlon turned around to see him “How long have you been standing there?”

“When will we start moving?” Diego said crossing his arms. Cartlon and the crew soon got up, Diego’s crew fixed up breakfast that they got from the ship. Soon they were done, they hit the road again.

“We are just a dozen hours away.” Cartlon said, Naruto and Calvin were playing rock, paper, and scissors since they were bored, Hobbes was talking with the Ed’s as they were cramped in the back again. Diego and Jin were with the rest of the crew in the truck.

“So, how do you got to be Diego’s crew?” Jin asked. Krabs then said “well, you see lass; it was a long time ago, not too long.”

“Uhh, .” Diego said “I don’t mean to interrupt but I should tell the story.” he pointed to himself. “Oh, sorry Diego.” Krabs said. Diego then told the story.

“Before I even stand on a ship, I was just a boy as the Ctarl-Ctarl people were at war with the Anime Archipelago kingdoms. We wanted to become an Empire, for years of the war my mother and I lived by the sea and we always have a ship ready if we need to.”

“Did you know your father?” Jin asked.

“Well, no my mom, said that he needed to go somewhere and never came back.” He answered.

“Anyway, during the war I started school, but this school was to teach little kids like me to be officers in the army. I took the school to learn basic tactics and weapons from kinds of weapons and other military information. I passed every class and soon as I was 14 I decided to join our military force, but for the first time I was in a ship called the Lady Ctarl it was a nice ship that was new, I was nothing more but the first seaman in the entire navy, I stood proud with are sailors. It was later that we saw battle, our ships were nothing but very strong wood while the Empire’s ships was nothing more than long junk ships with cannons. I never saw battle but I was told by the captain that it will be very soon.

“How long did the war last?” Jin asked. “It lasted 40 years, we almost won till the kingdoms found are weakness they destroyed are farms and food, they blockaded every port and are connecting of the outer world.” Jin placed her hands on his shoulders. “Well are war is going. The war with the Fire Nation, it lasted over 200 years. They tried capturing Ba Sing Se, but they never did, I never knew how they did it, but they did.” Diego looked at the road as they drove by, Diego then remember how he became captain. “It’s was a clear day I was still sleeping in my cabin, then next thing I knew it their was an explosion I was knock off of my bed, I fell on the floor as suddenly the captain started yelling “Their attacking! men to your station!” I sprang up to get my suit on, I ran up the stairs to see that at lest 8 ships were heading towards us, it was 8 against 1.”

Jin listened “Then what happened?” she asked. “Well, we do what always do…we fight. It was a Ctarl-Ctarl way of never leaving battle and die an honorable death on the field or in the sea. I was scare thou, I never seen an enemy outnumber us. The Captain orders the ships to load every cannon I was in the first deck below the top deck; I loaded a cannon soon the first two ships came towards us. “Wait for me signal lads!” the captain yelled. I waited and the men were quieted and listened. Just as the ships were in line of us, they fired first, a cannon blew into the sides from each side, their were solid shots, they were dumb cause the cannons blew through the ships and hit their own, but I remember a sailor losing his torso from a shot, I was near him as it happened.”

Jin placed her hand on her mouth, Diego continued “I never saw a site; I never let it in me because I was strong, and suddenly the captain grabs me on the shoulders. I turned around to see that he was too shot, his body was in half. “Lad…” he told me. “I’ll leave you and command.” “But, sir I’m too young!” I yelled. “I know you can do it, lad, I taught you everything I knew.” It was then he died right there, I was now captain, I sprang up to see that the two ships were gone. The other two ships were forming two single file lines, I knew that we were in the middle. I commanded “Every man get to a cannon! Well finish this so we can go home!” some stutter and thought I was crazy I yelled “I know I’m young, but the captain put me in command.”

And as a Captain I will get us home, but we must defeat them first!” “But how” one them asked “They are formed in a line formation, we are in the middle, their stupid enough to fire in us cause the ships are damaging themselves as much as we are! You see those ships over there!” I pointed to the two damaged ships. “Their ships broke their will to fight! If we combine our fire and theirs that they will be damaged enough to sink! Lads! I know it’s a tough one, we might not make it home, but by our creator! We will follow the Ctarl-Ctarl code of fighting “We will never give up, and never surrender!” We will fight to the last man, but we will damage their ships enough so that they will never damage our docks and ports! And our people!” as soon I was done they cheered and I gain their confidences.”

Jin and the crew listened as Diego said “I commanded them to get ready to volley, that amount of cannons will break any ship in half. I waited as the second two ships came in as soon they were in range they began to fire as soon they were in range. I waited till they were lined up against us then I yelled “Fire!” from that moment I remember the ship’s cannons made a loud bang that shook the entire ship, smoke rose up as the cannon fired I saw that the ships were severely damaged, they continued to fire but as soon they were out of sight I order the crew to load another volley fire. The enemy ships were damaged enough that they slowly broke apart, I knew then that we will win this battle.”

“I saw the third wave of the third ships coming in, every ship after ship, every one of my men died, I was commanded hard I never showed fear and defeat. The last ship were tough cause the ship we had was too badly damage the sails broke off and the sides were beginning to let water in. I then order another attack. The two ships sailed towards us the last two had their captain in it; I knew that they were going to board the ship to attack. The two passed as they were severely damaged by are cannons they retreated once they passed us. The last two were close enough to board but I knew to fire a volley once they started to board us. I ordered the cannons to be load for the last time. As they slowly came closer the crew’s taunting and cursing became loader, but I had a trick up me sleeve the cannons on top were never been fired. Their were loaded with a special shot called the Canister shot”

“What’s that?” Jin asked, “It’s a shot that has a lot of musket balls in them, basically it turns a cannon in a giant shotgun.” Jin looked even more confuse, “what’s a shotgun?” Diego laughed “I’ll explain later love, anyway. As they were closed the crew armed the cannons. “So, are you ready to give up.” The captain asked “no” I replied “Your about to die.” I smiled as I yelled “Fire!” the next thing I knew it all of the crew from both of the ships were killed or severely injured, the captain was killed and I was the victor. Luckily we sailed back in on the ships, as soon as we got home, I was rewarded a medal for my brave and great commanding. My mother was very proud of me. They let me have a choice to stay or to go home, I wanted to go home. But all that changed when the enemy finally attacked. Next thing I knew I was on a ship with my crew here, except for Krabs whom was stranded on an island. I had to rescue. So there you have it, the great story of Diego Clan-Clan.” Diego finished by leaning against the seat that held them on the truck.

“Do you miss your mom sometimes?” Jin asked. Diego looked sad “Yeah, I hope she is alive. I’ll never forgive them if they did anything to her.” Diego tried not to cried, Jin lean her head against his. “Don’t worry, Deigi, I’m sure she’s alright.” She said. Diego smiled.

Hours pasted by as the group got closer to the town. Cartlon then looked to see that they were nearing the town, “There, are journey is now beginning here.” He said. They soon reached the wall. Cartlon stopped the hummer as Naruto ran out of the vehicle he then yelled “I’m back! We need to talk to Tsunade!” he yelled. One ninja replied from the other side of the wall “Who did you bring with you?” Cartlon walked up to the wall “Its me, I came with a very important message.”

There was a long pause “Will let you in, but well need to keep your weapons.” He said. “Alright, will do.” Cartlon walked back to the vehicle. “Okay lets get ready to go in.” he tolded the others. He went to the drivers and said “You guys stay here.” He went to see that Diego and his crew was, he found them at the second truck “Were, here but for there safety for us and them they want to have our weapons for now.” He said. Diego replied “What! We not the bad guys, it’s the Fire Nation that is!” Cartlon retorted “Shh! We don’t want to cause an panic.”

“We have to get there on foot; there is no need of vehicles going down here.” He thought. Soon everyone followed Cartlon into the gate that opened to them there waiting for them was the door guards, Cartlon gave them his sword and his bag. Diego gave them his pistols and his cutlass. Diego’s crew all had there own pistols and cutlasses. They were soon escorted to the palace that Tsunade is at.

Tsunade’s assistant ran into her room “Tsunade! The wizard boy is here.” Tsunade was behind a lot of paper work that was stack up. She looked up to here assisted “Bring him in.” Cartlon and the other waited for her, she ran out and told them to come in. “I’ll need to bring Naruto and Diego.” He said “you may.” She said. Cartlon entered the room seeing a women sitting at a desk with stacks of papers on each side of the desk. “Ms. Tsunade.” Cartlon said knowing that she’ll be tough. “I heard you have a message, so what is it?” she asked him. Cartlon then took out his map that he had in his cloak. He laid it out of the desk he took a deep breath. “Well, I think your town is targeted for a invasion.” He said. The assistant facial expression changed, Tsunade in the other had didn’t react. “From who?” she asked.

“There is a country called the Fire Nation, from what I believe they are trying to attack the CN Country, and by doing that, they will tried to captured to his town and use to surround the city, if we don’t stop them then they will control the entire continent. They already capture half the continent.” He said Tsunade still sitting on her desk. “That’s a good message, Mr. Cartlon, but this town had already been invaded.” “But, miss, they will bring a least 1,420 troops with them, they even have a weapon that will take down this wall in just a few shots.” This finally caught Tsunade’s attention. “What weapon.” Diego then explained “it’s a cannon, it can shoot solid metal balls, and they can use it to breach the wall. And that’s not all. I have seen what machines they have. They have ships and airships that are made of metal and tanks that can climb wall like this one.” He pointed.

Tsunade placed her hands together and thought about it, “their not ninjas?” she asked. Diego and Cartlon shook their heads. Tsunade then asked “is the CN Republic going to help us?” Cartlon responded “yes, they will bring 660 troops or more.” Tsunade then asked “What army are they?” Diego responded “they have swordsman, pikemen, and they added their new gunman that can fired little lead balls, it’s more deadly then your kunais” he said. Tsunade asked “What do need us to do?” Cartlon said “I’ll train any men who wants’ to defend their home town, they will be your militia.” He said. Tsunade thought about it, there was long pause. “Alright, I’ll leave any man you train under your command. But the ninjas are under my command.” Cartlon nodded his head as he left. Her assistant was stun about the news. “Called the villager and the ninjas, we have a battle to prepare.” She said to her assistant

All the villagers and the ninjas gather up to listen to Tsunade’s news “I have a message from the outsides of the walls, there is a new enemy coming our way. They will try to capture this town. Cartlon the Wizard and I have agreed to train any man who wish to fight for the village, Ninjas is with me.” She finished the speech.

Cartlon, Diego, and Jin were at a booth that why set up in at the front door of the palace. Men ranging from 19 to 40 were what Cartlon was looking for. “So how are we doing?” Diego said as a man finished making his mark on the sign-up. “Well, we have 40 men so far, so when the CN troops come there will about 700 troops defending against 1,420.” He said. Diego smiled “was that you’re normal voice or your sarcastic voice?” Cartlon then said “we need a least a 150 militia troops then I can call more troops from the CN maybe 900 then it would be 1,050 troops defending this town.” He said

“Well, we need to think what weapons that they might bring.” Jin suggested. “How is a least a 150 troops can help?” Diego asked.

“I have plan for them.” Cartlon replied.

“Well, you better request some more troops, because the trucks are still outside the gates.” Cartlon realized “Crap!” he ran to the gate as fast he can “Diego! Take over!” he yelled.

Cartlon met the drivers outside as the trucks were still in place. He met one of them at the window “So, what’s up?” one of them said. Cartlon was then said while breathing “go back to CN City, tell Governor Max, that we need 900 troops.” he said. “Yes, sir, well be back as soon as we can.” He said as he started the engine. Cartlon ran back in the walls. He soon was at the booth as Diego and Jin was signing people. Cartlon then saw a poster that state:

I WANT YOU! FOR MILITIA!

It had a picture of Cartlon pointed at whoever was reading it. “Oh, lord.” He said trying to keep a straight face. “I leave them for a few minutes and already their making progress.” He walked as he saw a crowd gather up at the booth. He made way to the front. Diego and Jin were sitting. “Okay what did you do?” Cartlon said as he stood behind them. “Oh, Cartlon I found some painting stuff in your bag and well, I it automatic made filers.” He said showing him “how did you get this posted up?” he asked. Diego then replied “I had the Ed’s do it.”

“How many people sign up?” he asked Diego then said "around in the 80’s and is counting.” He said Cartlon smiled. “This is going be done, and soon the training will begin.” He said.