Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sucked Into the Naruto World ❯ Chapter 9

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 9
The next morning, Kristin opened her eyes to see Ryan's face only inches away. Her eyes shot fully open. “Get away from me, weirdo! I'm up, okay?” Lexi opened one eye to see Nicole staring at her. She sat up and stretched. “You know, you could've just shaken me. All the staring is creepy, well, except when I do it. Te he.” Lexi grabbed the side of the bunk and leapt to the floor. Kristin stood up after she'd pushed her brother away. Ryan chuckled. “Sorry Kristin, I just couldn't let you sleep all day. You're getting to be worse than me.” Kristin flashed him a fist. Lexi giggled. “Do they always wake you up like this?” Kristin shook her head. “No, usually my brother puts a wrapped Fruit-a-bu under my pillow or on my blanket. Or if I'm lucky, I can scare him while he sneaks in.” (*FYI: a Fruit-a-bu is an extremely nasty organic fruit snack. It's like eating barf-flavored rubber*)
She then turned back to her siblings. “Is Lee already awake?” Ryan put on a look of mock frustration. “Is that all you think about?! Lee this, Lee that!” Nicole pushed him into the wall. He collided with a loud `thud'. “Ow! Nicole, what was that for?” Nicole ignored him as she replied, “Yeah, he's been awake for a while now. He told us he was gonna go run laps, but he's probably done now.” Kristin grinned. `No surprise, he probably does that every morning. Let's see what he's up to now.' She walked to the door. “Well since we're all up, let's get some breakfast.” Ryan stood up and beamed. “Great, I'm hungry.” “You're always hungry,” Nicole remarked. Kristin opened the door and the four of them filed out.
They walked into the kitchen to find Lee chugging a bucket of water. The siblings could only stare as he continued to chug; obviously unaware of their presence. However, Lexi had stepped closer and began chanting, “Chug, chug, chug!” Lee finished off the water and set the bucket down. “Ah, that water really hits the spot after five hundred laps. Oh, good morning everyone.” Lexi clapped and the siblings exchanged strange looks. Kristin turned to Lee. “Oh…kay, so is there anything we could eat for breakfast?”
Lee nodded and walked over to the refrigerator. He opened the door and stuck his head in. “Hmm, there's fruit, eggs, and… nails!? Gai Sensei must have put these in here. He's always saying I should try them. He told me that they build muscle like there is no tomorrow. But I'm guessing you all would rather have eggs.” The others nodded. Lee frowned. “However, I am not much of a cook. Sorry.” He hung his head in shame as he closed the fridge door. Lexi and Kristin looked at each other and nodded. “Lexi and I know how to cook, so we can make breakfast,” Kristin declared. Lexi jumped up excitedly. “Yeah, we'll make omelets! This'll be fun!” Ryan looked up. “Ooh ooh, make me a gun omelet!”
Kristin laughed at the inside joke. Lee looked confused as he scratched his head. “What is a gun? Is it some kind of food?” The others grew nervous. Nicole shook her head as she made up a story on the spot. “No, a gun is an imaginary animal that Ryan made up. It's like a squirrel and a horse mixed.” Lee still appeared to be quite confused. “What is a horse?” “Darn it, never mind! Everyone out so Kristin and I can work in peace!” Lexi yelled as she shooed everyone away. Once they had left, both girls rolled up their sleeves and got started.
Several minutes later, Lexi and Kristin called everyone else back in. There were stacks of pancakes on one side of the table and plates piled with omelets on the other. (The two girls had somehow gotten the table and chairs off the ceiling.) They all looked hungry as they sat down, except for Lee who looked sad. “Why did you remove the table from the ceiling? It is more fun that way.” Kristin stared at him in disbelief. `Is that all he cares about?' Lexi grew angry, walked towards him, and grabbed the front of his shirt. “Hey! We slaved over a hot stove to make breakfast, and all you care about is your table!” Lee turned white from looking at her scowl. “I am sorry. I appreciate the breakfast very much. I was just curious about the table, but now I will be quiet.” Kristin grew worried. “Don't hurt him, Lexi.”
Lexi released him and instantly turned happy again. “Ha ha, you thought I was gonna beat you, loser. I was just playing. Now let's eat!” Several minutes went by as they ate their breakfast with gusto. It was soon interrupted by a knock at the front door. Lee put his fork down and stood up. “I wonder who that could be.” “I'll get it!” Lexi shouted while dashing to the door. Everyone stayed put as they heard the door open. A semi-deep male voice could be heard. “Hello, I have a delivery for Mr. Sanchez. Oh wait; do I have the wrong address again?” “Scott!!!!” Lexi shouted. A thudding sound followed. Kristin and Ryan also stood up and walked to the front door.
Standing there was Scott (one of Kristin's friends) holding a small package. Lexi had her arms wrapped around him in what appeared to be a vicious hug. (She'd nearly knocked him over in the process, thus the thudding sound.) Kristin smiled. `Yay, more friends from our world! I can't help but wonder how they all got here.' “Hi Scott, what are you doing here?” Scott looked slightly embarrassed as Lexi let him go. “Well, my boss wanted me to deliver this last package toady, and I thought this was the right address. You guys wouldn't happen to know where Rauol Sanchez lives, do you?” Kristin and Ryan burst out laughing.
Scott and Lexi gave them confused stares. “What's so funny?” Lexi inquired. Ryan's laughing slowed down. “Well, Mr. Sanchez was deported yesterday.” Scott looked shocked. “Oh man, what am I going to do with this package, then?” Lexi grinned evilly. “Let's take it inside and open it.” Before Scott could object, Lexi grabbed the package out of his hands and dashed back inside. “Hey! I'll get fired for that!” Scott dashed inside after her. Kristin and Ryan were close behind.
Lexi ran into the kitchen and threw the package into Lee's hands. “He took it, tackle him!” Lee became freaked out as well as alarmed. “What!? If this is bad, than I do not want it!” He tossed the box to Nicole as Scott, Kristin, and Ryan ran in. Nicole looked scared as well. “I don't want it!” She tossed it back to Lee, who tossed it back to her. “I don't want it!!!” She threw it straight up at the ceiling. A second later, it exploded. “WTF!!!!!” Everyone shouted in unison. Lexi was on the floor laughing herself to death. “That was too funny! I heard it ticking and decided to freak these two out. Ha ha!”
Everyone glared at her. (Except for Scott, due to his Bloodline) “What kind of sick joke was that!? Why didn't you tell us there was a bomb in there!?” The siblings yelled. Lexi stood up. “Lighten up guys, I'll fix the roof. By the way, I never said that there was a bomb in there.” She leapt up to the rafters and fixed the roof as she had before. Everyone else exchanged odd looks. Once things had calmed down, Kristin broke the silence. “Well, if everyone's done, then let's get some more necklace pieces.”
Lexi and Scott gave her confused stares. “What necklace pieces?” They asked in unison. Kristin pulled out the two recovered fragments and held them up. “This is my lucky necklace. It broke into five pieces a couple days ago, and we've managed to recover two. You two don't have to, but could you help us find the last three?” Scott nodded. “Of course we will! What kind of friends wouldn't?” Lexi yelled; deafening Scott in the process. Kristin beamed; her friends always had her back. She then turned to Lee. “You coming, Lee?” Lee shook his head. “I am sorry, but I'm going to be pretty busy today.” Kristin frowned, grabbed his hand, and pulled him towards the door. “Come on, you're not too busy for me, are you?” Lee blushed as he allowed her to drag him closer to the door. Everyone else began to laugh as they followed her out the door.