Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ten Deaths ❯ For Her Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.
 
Summary: Only ten times has Sakura allowed herself to kill someone and feel any emotion at all.
 
Chapter One: For Her Love
 
Sakura's green eyes are wide with fear as she watches Sasuke's battle. But this is a war, and she herself is dispatching enemies. And there are so many other battles between her and him.
 
And then Sasuke is down, and his enemy has raised his sword, a cleaver larger than he is - and he's preparing to end it.
 
She sees Sasuke attempt to raise himself up, but he is completely exhausted. She remembers that he has been fighting far longer than she has.
 
And then she's moving, pushing enemies out of her way with chakra-enforced blows that send them flying, and the monster standing over the Uchiha raises his head to look at her, and then she's on him, with a punch that could shatter a boulder, and he's gone, and so's half the invading army around him in one chakra-wasting, but incredibly satisfying blow, and she looks down at Sasuke, who's staring at her, red eyes wide open, and she's panting, but utterly pleased, and suddenly, as if just realizing that she, just like the Sharingan-user, is a threat, enemies come rushing up to them.
 
She offers Sasuke a quick smile, and then moves to stand over him, protecting him, as he once protected her, as hordes of invading ninja and foot soldiers come flying toward them. And she's fighting and fighting, her fury and fear for the man below her blocking everything else out.
 
And Lee is there with his good guy grin and flying fists, and then the rest of the Konoha Twelve are around them, and Sakura can take the time to heal Sasuke, and then all of the Twelve are up and fighting, and they are forming the pinnacle of an attack meant to annihilate the enemy, and Sakura smiles because everything is right.
 
She glances back at Sasuke, who looks at her with a small smirk and a new level of respect in his eyes, even as he holds a man in the air by his throat.
 
And it's all as it should be.
 
RoS: I'm really sorry that I forgot to spell check this after speed-typing it~! I hope this works out better, but if you see anything, please don't hesitate to point out what it was and where it is! Thanks~!