Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ten Deaths ❯ For Her Friends I ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For Her Friends
 
Haruno Sakura watched, frozen, as her friend fell, one after the other. Her orders, she tried to tell herself, were simply to observe and analyze.
 
But what was there to analyze about her closest friends, lying in the dust, blood running for their bodies? They knew exactly where she was. And they knew her orders. And the knew how difficult it was to disobey orders, for her.
 
One by one, or together, they fell. Ino-pig, Chouji, and Shikamaru. Hinata-chan, Kiba, and Shino. And then Naruto and Sasuke were launching an attack, and her heat absolutely ached to be down there, with them - with her team.
 
IT was her place, with her teammates. And she saw Naruto glance quickly at the place where she should have been, and Sasuke's eyes flicker toward her tree in reponse, and something in her simply snapped, and she tried to get there, get into her place, but it was too late, and they, too, fell.
 
And then she was standing before him, all alone, and he looked surprised, just a bit, and then he lunged ast her, with the same attack he had used on Ino, and she dodged under his guard - because that was what thse had been analyzing - and was pressed right up to him, and then she was on top of him, kunai at the ready, but he had rolled them over, and he was taunting her. Oh, she hated it when her enemies did that. She gripped her kunai tightly in her fist, and the man smiled mockingly down at her.
 
“Come on, little girl, is this all you've got to avenge your little friends?”
 
She smiled grimly, and stuck her kunai threw his stomach, twisting it sadistically. “This is what I have for my friends,” she replied with another hard twist. His body slumped onto hers, and the sudden weight on her body forced her breath out in a half-strangled hiss.
 
And then… she pushed him off, fiercely, and slit his throat for good measure. And then she started the healing.
 
Her last thought, before darkness consumed her, was that Tsunade-shishou would be very angry at her for disobeying orders.
 
But she would understand.
 
And Kakashi-sensei would be proud.