Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi ❯ An A-Ranked Mission! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I do not own Naruto, or anything created by Masashi Kishimoto-Sennin. I do, however, own the Tenshi Style.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the sun crept up the sky, the harsh light slayed the infinite shadows that hid the Land of Fire's Forest in a cold darkness. Hidden in the Great forest was Konohagakure, the Village Hidden in the Leaves.

Inside this village lived one of the greatest Ninja ever born. Uzumaki Naruto. Son of the Yondaime, Namikaze Minato, and his secret wife, Uzumaki Kushina. Unfortunately, this Ninja, like all, had one weakness.

"Ah, come on, Ichiraku-San! I'll pay you tomorrow! We go on an overnight mission tonight, and then I will get payed, please!!!!" He begged, kneeling on the ground in front of the owner of Ichiraku Ramen. His hands were in the air clenched together in a pathetic attempt at deliverance.

"I am sorry, Naruto-Kun, but you still owe me from yesterday." He replied, wiping the well-used counter with an overused cloth.

"Oh, come on dad. Naruto is our most valuable customer. We know he will be back." Ayame, the owner's daughter and co-worker said, appearing out of the back with an armload of clean bowls.

"Yeah, what she said..please, Ichiraku-San!" Naruto begged, raising his hands high into the air, and bowing down, still on his knees.

"I really am sorry, Naruto-Kun...Oh, welcome to Ichiraku Ramen! What can I get for you today?" The owner's attention was immediately diverted to a new customer, who had appeared from behind the curtain that fell from the roof. He was roughly 5'10, appearing to be roughly 15, 16. His soft, green eyes and impossibly sharp fangs were hidden behind an AnBu-esque Wolf mask, completely white with wood stain details. A Konoha leaf was etched into the top, similar to Haku's mask. Behind the mask was untamable brown/black hair, short enough to be hidden behind the mask Loose, white gi-pants and a t-shirt were the only thing he wore, besides bandages that adorned his arms and legs. His fingernails and toe-nails were formed into sharp points. A katana was strapped to his back.

"One miso ramen, and whatever the Uzumaki kid wants..." He said calmly, before sitting down on the stool right beside where Naruto was kneeling.

"Ugh...beef ramen..." Naruto said slowly, shocked that this kid that he had never seen before in his life, had both bought him ramen, and known his name. "How do you know my name?" He asked after a few minutes of silence, during which he got up off the ground and sat on the stool beside him.

"The symbol on the back of your jumpsuit. It's the Uzumaki Clan symbol." He said calmly, as their ramen was placed in front of them. "Itadakimasu" Could be heard from both, as the twin crack of chopsticks separating resounded through the air. The only thing that could be heard after that was the slurping of noodles.

"Ah, that was good..." Naruto said, placing his bowl back down on the table.

"Indeed it was." The boy agreed, setting his down a bit more gently then Naruto had. "What do I owe you?" He asked Ayame, as she went to collect the bowls.

"1500 Ryo..." She answered, taking the money from the boy.

"I'm Tatsumaki Urufu, by the way." He said to Naruto, standing up. "Guess I'll see you around."

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto." He answered, standing up as well. "Yeah, maybe." He whispered, as Urufu disappeared into the busy streets of Konoha.

"Naruto! Tsunade-Sensei needs you!" Sakura yelled, running down the street. When she arrived at the ramen stand, she smiled sweetly and punched Naruto in the back of the head. He fell to the cold ground facefirst, a large red goose egg forming from the contact point.

"Ow! Sakura-Chan, what was that for?" He asked, rubbing the large bump that had appeared.

"That was for making me look all over this village to find you!" She huffed, before crossing her arms and walking away. Sighing, Naruto pulled himself up with the assistance of a bar stool, and wiped the dust off of himself.

"Ugh..." Naruto sighed, before disappearing in a puff of smoke, reappearing on top of the ramen stand. Taking a deep breath, he sprinted over to the Hokage tower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"N ow then, Naruto, I have a very important mission for you." Tsunade said from behind her desk, which was littered with sake bottles and paperwork.

"Oh, What about Team 7’s mission tonight??" Naruto said, his attention immediately grasped.

"That mission will be carried out by Team 9. This mission will be classified as an A-Rank mission." She said, knowing full well that he would accept.

"Will Sakura-Chan and Sai be coming as well?" He asked, hoping that his love would be going with him.

"No. In fact, not even Kakashi will be going with you. I have someone else whom I think would be better suited for this mission." She replied, getting up from her seat.

"Oh, and just who is that?" He asked, wondering if it was Neji, Lee, or Shikimaru.

"A boy whom I think will help substantially." She replied, not revealing anything. Suddenly, the faint knocking could be heard from the great oak doors behind Naruto. "Enter!" The Hokage roared, as the oak doors swung open.

"You!" Naruto shouted, pointing at the figure entering, who was none other than Tatsumaki Urufu!

"Greetings, Hokage-Sama, Naruto-San." The boy said, calmly walking in and taking a seat next to Naruto.

"You two have met?" The Hokage asked, stunned.

"Yes, I bought him Ramen earlier." Urufu said, staring out the window, watching two sparrows dart and zoom through each other, dancing in the wind.

"NARUTO! This boy had not been in the village three hours, and already you got him to buy you food?" Tsunade Roared, not believing the boy could be so desperate for ramen.

"He had no say in the matter. I bought it for him because I felt like it." Urufu replied, cutting off Naruto who tried to explain.

"Yeah, he offered. Who was I to reject his kindness?" Naruto asked, smirking a "Thank-You" at the boy, who in turn, nodded a "Your-Welcome".

"Very well then." She sighed, sitting back down. "Your mission is to the village hidden in the Waterfall, and retrieve the "Uzumaki" scroll. Yes Naruto, Uzumaki as in you." She said, once she saw his eyes begin to widen.

"When do we leave?" Urufu asked, becoming slightly bored.

"Now." She said, tossing him a scroll. Opening it, a large puff of smoke erupted from it. When it cleared, they noticed they were outside the gates of Konoha, each carrying packs full of supplies. Shocked, Naruto looked around, wondering what just happened. Tsunade, from her window, laughed at him. 'Man, I love doing that!' She thought. Shrugging his pack off, Urufu left it on the ground, before starting off. 'What an interesting kid..' She thought, watching them from the window.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Why did you leave your pack back there?" Naruto asked, breaking the awkward silence that had been between them for several hours of walking.

"I did not need it." Was the only reply he got, before Urufu froze. Spinning around, a kunai shot from his now-empty palm, impaling a rather large bob-cat that had been hiding in the bushes. "I hate cats..." Naruto heard him whisper, before Urufu spun back around, and kept walking.

"What was that all about?" Naruto asked, stealing edgy glances at Urufu.

"Cat's are annoying..." He explained, keeping his eye on the road ahead.

"I guess that makes sense..." Naruto murmured, occasionally looking up at the boy.

Eventually, night began to fall, and they both agreed it was time to set up camp. Pulling out the tent from his backpack, He quickly set it up next to a large oak tree. Urufu, however, merely climbed up it, and laid atop a tree branch, staring at the stars.

Several Hours later, Naruto was awoken by a deep, haunting howl. One from no animal he had ever heard before. Trying to shake it out of his head, he eventually fell back asleep, plagued by nightmares about crazy animals ripping into his tent and devouring him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well , that’s it for Chapter one! Please, Read and Review. Here’s a little preview from Chapter Two!


A short while later, he finally found him. Covered in blood. The remains of a mutilated deer skeleton laid beside him. Licking the blood from his fingers and face, Urufu hadn’t noticed Naruto. Yet.

"What...did...you...do?" Naruto asked in between breaths.

"I ate breakfast." Urufu replied, continuing to lick the blood off of his fingers.