Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Boy who would become Hokage ❯ The Boy who would become Hokage ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of it's characters.
_________________________________________

Th e Boy who would become Hokage

Naruto stared at his reflection in the dingy mirror as his fists clenched on the edge of the sink. His blond locks were plastered to the side of his face from the shower he had just stepped from. He gritted his teeth as he saw the eyes of a monter looking back at him. With force he pushed off of the sink and hurridely slipped on his clothes, covering the deep gashes along his arms and chest that were beginning to heal. Tying tightly his hiate ate he left his small apartment that was musky from old age. He ran as fast as he could to Team 7's meeting place being as he was about an hour late.

"Naruto is never this late" Sakura said worridely as she looked to her sensei with questioning eyes.
"He is most likely sick" Kakashi reasoned though he was not so sure himself.
"The last time he was sick he made sure that the whole town knew."
"Let's just start without him" Sasuke said coldly as he began walking from the bridge.
"Naruto's been acting weird lately" Sakura said as she followed Sasuke with Kakashi behind her.
'Yes. He is not as active as before and his eyes are not as bright as they once were.' Kakashi thought to himself before hearing shouting that jerked his head up to locate the familiar voice. He watched as Naruto ran up to them and crouched down with his hands on his knees until he regained his breathe.
"Sorry guys. My alarm clock didn't go off this morning" Naruto hurridely explained as he stood up straight with his hand behind his head.
"I thought you did not have one" Sakura thought out loud as she looked over the seemingly exhuberant ninja.
"I do. What are we doing today Kaka-sensei?""Training" Kakashi answered with a smile as he held up two small bells.
"No way! We still won't be able to get them!" Sakura yelled with a look of annoyance on her face.
"Sakura-chan's right! We still can't get them!" Naruto agreed with a nod of his head.
"Afraid you will get tired to the post again?" Sasuke asked with a smirk.
"Teme!" Naruto yelled as he lunged at Sasuke but was pulled back by Kakashi's hand on his arm.
"Ow!" Naruto gasped and held his arm protectively to his chest until the pain passed. He looked up to find Sakura and Kakashi in front of him with worried looks on their faces. With his eyes misted over Naruto mistook their looks for pity like he had seen so many times before from the villagers. Naruto watched as Kakashi extended a hand to his arm in slow motion as he began to panic.
"Get away from me!" Naruto yelled as he pushed Kakashi aside and started to run.
"Naruto!" Sakura yelled worridely as she started to run after him but was stopped by Kakashi's hand on her shoulder.
"Training is cancled for today" Kakashi said to Sakura and Sasuke who were looking at the spot Naruto disappeared.
"But...Naruto" Sakura said worridely, wanting to go after him.
"Don't worry, I'll talk to him" Kakashi assured Sakura before disappearing in a swirl of leaves.
"Keh, what a baby" Sasuke smirked as he began walking towards the village. "Hey! There could be something seriously wrong with him!" Sakura retorted surprising both herself and Sasuke.
"Humph." Sasuke put his hands in his pockets and walked away from the stunned Sakura.
"Did I just...Take up for...Naruto?" Sakura whispered to herself before leaning heavily against the red railing of the bridge.
'I hope he's okay.' Sakura sighed as she watched her reflection in the rippling water.

Kakashi found Naruto in their training grounds slumped against the middle stump with his head buried in his hands. With his trained hearing Kakashi could hear the strained sobs coming from the blond boy. Coming closer he stepped on a twig that snapped to alert Naruto of his presence whose head shot up in alarm.
"K-Kakashi-sensei" Naruto sniffed as he wiped at his eyes angrily that had become red and swollen.
"Naruto, may I" Kakashi motioned beside Naruto with a smile.
"Sure" Naruto answered uncertiantly.
Kakashi sat down beside him and silently watched Naruto from the corner of his eye. Seeing Naruto clutching his hands nervously Kakashi decided to break the instilling silence.
"Something's been bothering you lately.""Hmm."
"Will you tell me?""...."
"Is this about the Nine-Tails?" Kakashi asked as he turned to look fully at Naruto who gaped at him in panic and shock.
"N..N-No" Naruto stuttered as his insticts kicked in and he shot up from the ground. In a few seconds Kakashi was in front of him blocking his escape. He tried side-stepping him but Kakashi followed; turning around Naruto ran back the way he came though he knew Kakashi would catch up to him.
Kakashi appeared in front of Naruto who had grown more panicked than before. Taking his wrists gently Kakashi held them to Naruto's side as he squatted down to eye level.
"Naruto, calm down" Kakashi said softly but to no avail as he thrashed around. Kakashi felt something warm and liquid coat his fingers where he was holding Naruto.
Looking down his breathe caught in his throat at what was coating his hands; blood....Naruto's blood.
"Please. Please let me go!" Naruto said as he broke down completely and began sobbing.
"Naruto." Kakashi pulled Naruto into an embrace as the sobs wracked his body. After a while and Naruto had calmed down, Kakashi pulled him down until he was sitting on the ground in front of him.
"Are you okay now?"
"Yeah."
"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"
"..."
"I need to know as your teacher; if you don't tell me then I'll have to use force." Kakashi reached up and pulled up down his hiate ate to revel his Sharingan.
"Please don't" Naruto whimpered seeing what Kakashi was doing.
"Tell me Naruto, please" Kakashi asked with authority and with a gentleness he had for all his students.
".....I can't stand how everyone treats me. They look at me with disgust and pity and call me a monster, whishing I were dead. I can't take the torment any longer. If this is what life if really like then I don't want to live. I can't live. But when I do something about it the Kyuubi heals me. I hate myself Kakashi." Naruto finished in a low voice as if he really did have no life in him.
'Naruto, you've suffered through so much yet you want to become Hokage.'
"Let me see your arms" Kakashi commanded softly as he reached for them as blood continued to soak through Naruto's sleeves.
Without a word Naruto slowly pulled up his orange sleeves until they were past his elbows as he closed his eyes. Kakashi gasped as he saw what was wrong with Naruto's arms. There were several deep cuts on the underside and top of his arms and wrists that reached almost to the bone.
"Why did you....?" Kakashi asked but came at a loss for words as he reached behind him and pulled out a roll of white gauze from his back pouch.
"To feel but...I don't feel anything. And it don't ever work because the baka Kyuubi heals me faster than I can cut." Naruto watched as Kakashi carefully wrapped his arms in the white gauze before lifting up his shirt to find more cuts. Kakashi took off Naruto's jacket and black shirt before wrapping more gauze around his chest until he ran out.
"Why?" Naruto asked as Kakashi finished and sat back on his haunches before pulling his headband back over his Sharingan eye.
"There are people that care about you Naruto. Sakura, me, Iruka, and even Sasuke though he does not show it. We want you to live and be happy and one day we believe that you will inherit the title of Hokage."
"I'm sorry" Naruto whispered feeling ashamed of himself for having to put Kakashi though his problems as he bowed his head to look at his still hands.
"Don't be. Iruka-sensei and even I know what you are going through but our childhoods were probely not as bad as yours. Sasuke knows the pain of losing his family to his brother that slaughtered them all and left him alone. Sakura even feels these things because she thinks she is inferior to everyone else because she is always being protected by us."
"Why you?"
"My father took his own life from shame at what people saw him as. My mother I never even knew, she died when giving birth to me. I became Jounin when I was still just a kid and everyone looked down on me because I was better than them and no one wanted to be around me. Iruka-sensei also feels these things. His parents were killed by the Kyuubi when he was took from the battle and blamed himself that his parents died because he couldn't help fight the demon."
"Iruka should hate me. The Kyuubi that killed his parents is inside me."
"Iruka can see that the Kyuubi has nothing to do with you and is not related to you in any way. You are opposite of the Kyuubi. You care about your friends and mentors. You respect the village people even though they call you monster. And your dream is to become the greatest among the ninjas and to be respected and looked up to from the villagers; to become Hokage. If anyone ever succeeds in becoming Hokage then I know that you will be the best."
"Thank you Kaka-sensei" Naruto said as his eyes misted over with tears. With the help of Kakashi, Naruto got up on his feet and they began their short trek back to the village.
"How about I treat you to some raman?" Kakashi asked with a smile that was seen as a curve of his eye as they came into the village.
"Alright! Thank you sensei!"
Kakashi chuckled at his remark, knowing that he would never refuse raman. They entered the Ichariku raman stand together but found it occupied with a few unexpected people.
"Sakura-chan, Iruka-sensei?" Naruto asked as he saw the two conversing at two of the bar stools over two bowls of steaming raman.
"Oh hey Naruto" Iruka greeted as Naruto sat down beside him.
"Hey Naruto" Sakura also greeted before giving Naruto a sincere smile.
"What are you guys doing here?" Naruto asked before ordering a bowl of miso pork raman.
"Eating of course" Iruka supplied as he finished off his bowl.
"Oh yeah, of course" Naruto smiled as he put his hand behind his head for saying such an obvious question. Naruto looked beside him to Kakashi who smiled at him, paying for Naruto's raman before disappearing in a cloud of gray smoke. After Naruto finished eating he walked with Iruka and Sakura through the village since Iruka had to go back to work giving out missions. After Iruka left through the Hokage's building Sakura turned to Naruto with a smile on her face.
"About earlier Sakura-chan, I'm sorry," Naruto said as he looked at the ground.
"Oh that, I don't mind, are you okay now?"
"Yes," Naruto said with a large smile.
"Say Naruto?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you want to go out on a date sometime?" Sakura asked with a pink tint to her cheeks as it was her turn to look at the ground.
"Uh." Naruto was left speechless for a few minutes before he was able to come up with a response.
"Of course, I would love to!"
"Okay, it's a date then. Do you want to go train?" Sakura asked with a giggle. Seeing Naruto's nod she took his hand into her own and began walking towards the training grounds.


So what do you guys think. I just came up with this oneshot in a few hours so it may not be so good. Anyway review and tell me what you think. Was it cheesy? unreal? or just plain weird? I think the characters are out of character though. What do you think. Until next time, Ja Ne!